When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5513

vlydog

Hello Rolex Enthusiasts,

My sources tell me that the 5513 was made from 1962 until 1989. Did this model always have the pointed crown guards or did it change somewhere during its production. Photographs would be appreciated.

Thanks

In the early 60's, Rolex went thru various types of crown guards on the 5513 and 5512. Square, pointed, etc. Can't remember the maybe four various types, or the order that they occurred in. Skeet and Urul (Vintage Rolex Sport Models) detail this in their book. By the 70's they (Rolex) had become consistent, for the most part. Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't slight variations over the course of the production runs and cases get worn and damaged and polished, so that the shapes aren't always the same. But pointed crown guards are basically a feature of the early 60's. If you were to see a 70's or 80's case with them, it would definitely be a red flag.

In the early 60's, Rolex went thru various types of crown guards on the 5513 and 5512. Square, pointed, etc. Can't remember the maybe four various types, or the order that they occurred in. Skeet and Urul (Vintage Rolex Sport Models) detail this in their book. By the 70's they (Rolex) had become consistent, for the most part. Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't slight variations over the course of the production runs and cases get worn and damaged and polished, so that the shapes aren't always the same. But pointed crown guards are basically a feature of the early 60's. If you were to see a 70's or 80's case with them, it would definitely be a red flag.

So let's say my MBK 5513 has a meters first dial, would the pointed CG be the most accurate?

Hello Rolex Enthusiasts,

My sources tell me that the 5513 was made from 1962 until 1989. Did this model always have the pointed crown guards or did it change somewhere during its production. Photographs would be appreciated.

Thanks

vly,

Here is mine:

011-4.jpg

007-6.jpg

003-12.jpg

6 serial with 1560 Chronometer movement from 1961. I have a gloss/gilt dial and gold handset(need to match/age the lume) I will install to bring it to accuracy.

I think the pointed CG's were accurate up until 1966 or so.

vly,

Here is mine:

6 serial with 1560 Chronometer movement from 1961. I have a gloss/gilt dial and gold handset(need to match/age the lume) I will install to bring it to accuracy.

I think the pointed CG's were accurate up until 1966 or so.

This a rep??? Wow. Me need one!

BTW bird has landed all right, thanks again

Bluebite

JustAsGood: you say the case is from NDT...

What about the bezel?

Looks damn good.

In fact, I would love to read about all the details of your new baby...who knows, maybe one day :)

Well Stephane,

see this link: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=justasgood

The MBW case is now on your wrist. The rest went into the NDT case.

Questions?

What dial is it?

The case is amazing.

Dial is Gen 5513 Service replacement with Gen hands.