When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I the only one rough on watches?

m4rcus

I can't believe that I am the only one hard on watches. I can't seem to keep from scratching these things. Just today I scratched my "virtually scratch-proof" gen submariner crystal again! Yes, that is two scratches on the sapphire crystal for me! I have also managed to scratch my rep Tag Aquaracer's crystal multiple times.

I don't even like looking at the bracelets. I'm always scratching them too. Oh look...another scratch. Fark!

So...is anyone else a klutz like me or does everyone keep there collection in pristine condition?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ive had gen Rolex's for a long time and never managed to scratch a sapphire crystal. You must be pretty rough!

But then again, thats what gen Rolex watches are built for! So Congratulations!

I try to be gentle but I'm just so clumsy. I once tried to set the time on my MBK Nautilus and pulled the crown right out of the watch. I don't even know how that is possible... I'm not very strong. I always keep them away from rain and only once did I accidentally lose some past sauce on my Datejust.

:(

Ive had gen Rolex's for a long time and never managed to scratch a sapphire crystal. You must be pretty rough!

But then again, thats what gen Rolex watches are built for! So Congratulations!

Maybe its just my luck. Maybe its when I've had a bit too much to drink. I always seems to find the crystal scratches the day after I went to a friend's house for a party or something. Memorial day was fun...my sub has the scars to prove it. :huh:

I try to be gentle but I'm just so clumsy. I once tried to set the time on my MBK Nautilus and pulled the crown right out of the watch. I don't even know how that is possible... I'm not very strong. I always keep them away from rain and only once did I accidentally lose some past sauce on my Datejust.

:(

I know what you mean. I pulled out the crown on my finance's Swiss Army watch once. Just setting the time and...oops...the crown and stem were out. BTW, I'm the complete opposite of the Hulk...6'1" 175 lbs. :showoff:

Could be an inner ear matter that causes clumsy movement. Does the room seem like it is spinning?

Benign Positional Vertigo is a very common thing and easily treated. Antivert is a mild medication that

restores balance. No doubt you are not intentionally banging your watches around and it annoys you.

This might be a solution.

I can't believe that I am the only one hard on watches. I can't seem to keep from scratching these things. Just today I scratched my "virtually scratch-proof" gen submariner crystal again! Yes, that is two scratches on the sapphire crystal for me! I have also managed to scratch my rep Tag Aquaracer's crystal multiple times.

I don't even like looking at the bracelets. I'm always scratching them too. Oh look...another scratch. Fark!

So...is anyone else a klutz like me or does everyone keep there collection in pristine condition?

I'm with you, 2 day on my Noobmariner I scratched the bezel at the 10 Marker down to the metal. My PVD 195 pam has scratch on the bezel on the crown side and my 2 Ti Pams have scratches on the bezel at the 6 o'clock position. the things I DO NOT KNOW how any of them got there? . Must be the elves at night.ST

Excellent nanuq, another one of your rollie experiments?

Personally im meticulous with my watches.

I have got into the habit of taking them off when using a PC as they just annoy me and seem to get in the way when typing. Right now im not wearing a watch.

As for the crystals, i have also learnt from my mistakes and when i feel there is any danger of hitting my crystal against anything i always turn my hand so the crystal is facing my body or hold my arm in front of my body, not out stretched like an idiot but just in front of my leg so there is less chance of hitting anything. Im so used to it now i do it without thinking.

Ok now you have said to much Joe, people will be thinking ive gone watch crazy....... but arent we all!!!!

not many scratches for me, but i don't wear mine around the house, only out, when i get back they go on the display. most scratches come from when your not paying attention in a too familier area

just like most car accidents happen within a couple miles from home.

autopilot= damage