When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received a MBK TT Submariner from Eurotimez

By-Tor

I just got this in. I'm doing a comparative review between the Noobfactory version and this.

This MBK version is expensive, but I can already say that it's highly impressive in the flesh. Everything screams quality.

Quick and dirty wrist shot.

IMG_9139.jpg

PS: These are not my watches, they're here just for a review. I will ship both of them to new owners after the review. Contact Eurotimez if you want to "reserve" either of them already. :)

More..More please!! :wub:

I wish I had time to set up my studio... but I have some work to do today. Then I have my friend's wedding in the weekend. But I think I can squeeze the review out for the next Monday or Tuesday.

This watch has extremely well applied gold, especially on the clasp and crown areas. The blue dial is awesome & glossy.

More later... :)

hmm nice - By-Tor is on the move - again :bounce: I can't wait!

I am very much looking forward to this review. I have been looking to get one of these watches for a very long time now. I have a noob now with asain movement that I bought from ttk. I love the feel of this watch. I have been browsing eurotimez postings and saw the two types there and was wondering which was more accurate. I was at an AD the other day and it looks like the mid links on these watches are now solid. I thought they were hollow? The lady said that they changed that a few years ago. And the interesting thing is the watched looked bigger than 40mm. Maybe some of you rollie experts can help out here!

I am very much looking forward to this review. I have been looking to get one of these watches for a very long time now. I have a noob now with asain movement that I bought from ttk. I love the feel of this watch. I have been browsing eurotimez postings and saw the two types there and was wondering which was more accurate. I was at an AD the other day and it looks like the mid links on these watches are now solid. I thought they were hollow? The lady said that they changed that a few years ago. And the interesting thing is the watched looked bigger than 40mm. Maybe some of you rollie experts can help out here!

Midlinks are still hollow on the submariner. The next version of the sub, to be released later in '08, is likely to have solid midlinks. It will be the super case with maxi dial and ceramic bezel used on the updated GMT II. That sub will be the full-gold, blue dial version, with two-tone and stainless to follow in '09 and/or '10. Also, the current version you would have seen at the AD is still 40mm. I too have come across AD salespeople who just don't know what they are talking about, and they try to fake it.

Thanks for the clarification jnkay. The lady also said that they all subs dont have quick date setting. is that also a mis-truth?

That wouldn't be correct unless you are looking at an older model sub, and I don't know how far back that feature was introduced.

That wouldn't be correct unless you are looking at an older model sub, and I don't know how far back that feature was introduced.

Generally, the old 1570/75's were non-quick; 3035's were quick and everything there after as well.

Also, some 1570/75's were non-hack; those of a later production had the hack feature.

LOL. I guess this lady had no idea what she was talking about...

My thoughts are most of the females know more about the diamond jewlery in the other area of the store. The male employees often seem extremely cocky and assume their customers know nothing about watches. Generally speaking of course.