When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this what the forum has come to

ajoesmith

In reply to my post in TT thread

this is what is said in hie thread

Quote from me - Ajoesmith

"It is for these reasons that i think that fund raising for the forum should be stopped.

I know the forum needs money but fundraising this way just causes problems.

Im going to stick my neck out and say how disgusted i was with the POTR auctions. The guy was in trouble, Im not sure if he was or he wasnt. Hey im struggling right now paying $17,000 last year for teacher training and now $20,000 this year for an MBA. Im [censored]ing broke and need cash. Any of you guys help me out?

simply put it shouldn't be allowed! No money should be exchanged for the sake of the forum or its members. if the forum needs money and people really want to give, do it behind closed doors.

I have paid my yearly subscription and im here to stay as long as thats in place. Im not dipping into my own pocket every once in a while to keep the forum going."

and this is the reply i get from TT

QUOTE from TT

"I'll tell you what I think...

I think you've been extended grace on this Forum and you've abused it...

I'm sick at both of your post in my 196 thread...

All of your For Sale items will be set invisible...

You're a Dealer on Geeks...

You want to have the privilege to sell here from now on, then Pony Up big boy...

Contact T for Collector Status and Payment...

Or post nothing else for sell here...

Mike"

Man oh man this sounds like blatant retaliation!

People are already questioning your integrity as admin staff and you go and do this, i dont get it

Ill happily sign up as Collector status if its FREE, the only reason im a dealer on Rgeek is that the admin asked me to and is FREE!

Ill certainly sign up here if other people who provide services to the forum do so as well e.g The Zigmeister, Cheiftang, K2222

I make next to nothing from my sales! nothing! how much business has The Zigmeister made from the forum and has he paid for the privilege? chief and K2222?

Not a nice tone TT it really does show your true colors!

PS THIS THREAD WILL PROBABLY BE SET INVISIBLE OR DELETED BY TT, we shall wait and see

Guest carlsbadrolex

WOW... This along with the PM's I have received over the past week concerning my donations really has me concerned.

I will be watching this closely (unless it goes invisible).

I have paid my yearly subscription and im here to stay as long as thats in place. Im not dipping into my own pocket every once in a while to keep the forum going."

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post... but this part..

Why would you only stay until your vip membership is completed, then, you're not going to dip into your pocket to keep the forum going.

Seem's like a strong move on your part over the Donation thread.

Maybe I've misunderstood something, but this is how I read your posts. Why pick up the marbles and go home like that?

My comments are not referencing the pm to you from TT,, but your quote above.

If your going to post a PM exchange then post the WHOLE fucking thing...

PM exchange started in February after you blantly broke the rules...

TT

I'll tell you what I think...

I think you've been extended grace on this Forum and you've abused it...

I'm sick at both of your post in my 196 thread...

All of your For Sale items will be set invisible...

You're a Dealer on Geeks...

You want to have the privilege to sell here from now on, then Pony Up big boy...

Contact T for Collector Status and Payment...

Or post nothing else for sell here...

Mike

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post... but this part..

Why would you only stay until your vip membership is completed, then, you're not going to dip into your pocket to keep the forum going.

Seem's like a strong move on your part over the Donation thread.

Maybe I've misunderstood something, but this is how I read your posts. Why pick up the marbles and go home like that?

My comments are not referencing the pm to you from TT,, but your quote above.

OK maybe i should clarify and explain what i meant more

hat i meant regarding the donations is that recently there have been a flurry of donation so the forum. I dont agree with it.

As for picking up my marbles and go home then no of course i wouldn't do that.

Dont get m wrong here, i really want RWG to survive but if it needs regular injections of hard earned cash from its members and its going to continue then maybe its best to move on or find a long term solution to the cash problems.

I will continue to pay my subscription and give my bit to the fourm, no problems there.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I just want to know how TT bypassed the swear filter to type the word [censored]ing... All the rest of this nonsense is giving me a headache!

Dani, good to see you participating in this discussion. I agree with you on this one!

Looks like AJ SMith and I were typing at the same time...

Maybe you can clarify:

1. You don't think people should fundraise to support the forum because it causes "problems". What kind of problems? For whom does it cause problems? Problems for you? It has not caused problems for me. I recognize that misunderstands happen.

2. You don't think people should be able to publicly raise money on a voluntary basis for another forum member because they aren't raising money for your bid to receive an MBA. In fact you think that doing so is disgusting. Why would raising money for someone other than you be acceptable if done behind your back? If anything, that would seem worse.

3. You do think my donations to RWG should be made public. Why doesn't that conflict with #2? It seems like ajoesmith wants it both ways, or do I not understand?

Guys, let's calm down here..

No reason for over reactions on either side. AJoe, I took your post wrong with the way you wrote it. It appeared to me that you were totally writing off RWG and you offer no more support. If I were staff here,, I would have taken this very bad. It is possible that TT did too. That is why I asked for clarification (which I appreciate your indulgence).

No reason for anyone to get into a verbal slug fest. I see a lot of friends here, this could clearly be a misunderstanding.

Aye, some posts from TT in the past have disgusted me to the point where I can't make myself donate to RWG. I have donated and am VIP on RepGeek.

You've been a member for 1 1/2 months and you've come to this conclusion?

I dont want this post to get ugly, im just stating my opinion and it has all come about due t my post ain TT's thread and his retaliation

@cheif, to calrify your points

Maybe you can clarify:

1. You don't think people should fundraise to support the forum because it causes "problems". What kind of problems? For whom does it cause problems? Problems for you? It has not caused problems for me.

It has shown to cause a problem with TT's fund raising post

2. You don't think people should be able to publicly raise money on a voluntary basis for another forum member because they aren't raising money for your bid to receive an MBA. In fact you think that doing so is disgusting. Why would raising money for someone other than you be acceptable if done behind your back? If anything, that would seem worse.

The POTR auctions were in a good case, or so it seems. With so much internet scamming going on at the moment I was dubious to say the least. Maybe POTR really did need help, i dont know but here is not the place for this sort of thing. Its a watch forum, to discuss watches and buy, sell, trade watches not a donation or fund raising site.

It has nothing to do with my MBA or studies, i was just giving an example, if 1 person does it another may try and then where does it stop. I will not be asking for hand outs, thank you

3. You do think my donations to RWG should be made public. Why doesn't that conflict with #2? It seems like ajoesmith wants it both ways, or do I not understand?

No you have misunderstood, if people want to fundraise for the forum for whatever reason ok do it, make a donation to T or whoever, do it behind closed doors. as i have said above its a watch forum not a donation forum. as for donating to people it shouldnt happen at all as i have said above

This is just a whole bunch of misunderstandings sitting on top of one another. One watch sale didn't go through - it happens every day. We've all missed out on a watch at one time another. Everything is cool.

In brighter news - I'm pleased to announce the RWG Educational Investment Foundation - we'll pay for any MBA for a 50% split of all future earnings :p

I don't see a problem trying to raise funds for whatever cause you want on the forum... whether it's for the running of the forum and keeping this great community running, or even AJS's MBA... as long as the funds are actually transferred to that cause... Just make a Fundraising section on the forum... separate to the sales forums.

As in posts being disgusting... that's a pretty strong word :huh: I'm curious to see what people are finding disgusting, as I've seen some pretty disgusting things in my life... Posts on internet watch forums don't seem to be able to fit into that category.

This whole issue is really none of my business, but since you posted it publicly, would just like to make 2 points --

1. POTR had some pressing personal issues, which is why so many felt compelled to help the guy out. That was just the right thing to do. Not to say that your (Joe) issues are not valid, but just not the same thing.

2. While I value both the Admins/Mods & Joe's input here, it seems only fair that if you are going to use the forum for profit -- regardless of what that profit is used for -- you should help contribute to the forum's maintenance. Even if the support is minimal, it shows good faith.

To quote Miranda Priestly, 'That's all.'

I dont want this post to get ugly, im just stating my opinion and it has all come about due t my post ain TT's thread and his retaliation

@cheif, to calrify your points

Maybe you can clarify:

1. You don't think people should fundraise to support the forum because it causes "problems". What kind of problems? For whom does it cause problems? Problems for you? It has not caused problems for me.

It has shown to cause a problem with TT's fund raising post

And selling watches have caused misunderstandings too. Should selling watches not be allowed? You still haven't explained how a fundraising sale causes unique problems that are not encountered during straight sales.

The POTR auctions were in a good case, or so it seems. With so much internet scamming going on at the moment I was dubious to say the least. Maybe POTR really did need help, i dont know but here is not the place for this sort of thing. Its a watch forum, to discuss watches and buy, sell, trade watches not a donation or fund raising site.

It has nothing to do with my MBA or studies, i was just giving an example, if 1 person does it another may try and then where does it stop. I will not be asking for hand outs, thank you

If you are concerned about bad intentions, then you don't have to donate. Nobody had to donate. People chose to assume the "risk" donating to a good cause, and I'm still confused as to how their goodwill impacts you.

No you have misunderstood, if people want to fundraise for the forum for whatever reason ok do it, make a donation to Thomas or whoever, do it behind closed doors. as i have said above its a watch forum not a donation forum. as for donating to people it shouldnt happen at all as i have said above

OK, but why should I disclose to you or to the forum the donations I have made to Thomas (sometimes proxied by TT) behind closed doors? You seem to indicate that you're entitled to the information.

Guys, guys ..... settle down. I've seen this happen on several other sites. Why must we always let things get this way just when the getting's good? This is a great place with great people. OK, some are like that Uncle that no one talk about, but that's family. It's always money that starts things on a downward spiral. We all have an opinion and a right to express it. Seems like we can just make some adjustments and trudge on. You've all made valid points and you are all right, but let's please move on. BTW, Mods status always bypasses ALL filters and I know this as I moded on 'Risti and TZ.

And selling watches have caused misunderstandings too. Should selling watches not be allowed? You still haven't explained how a fundraising sale causes unique problems that are not encountered during straight sales.

If you are concerned about bad intentions, then you don't have to donate. Nobody had to donate. People chose to assume the "risk" donating to a good cause, and I'm still confused as to how their goodwill impacts you.

OK, but why should I disclose to you or to the forum the donations I have made to Thomas (sometimes proxied by TT) behind closed doors? You seem to indicate that you're entitled to the information.

I dont want the info on who donates, dont know where you got that from

I got it from your post where you asked for the information:

"how much business has The Zigmeister made from the forum and has he paid for the privilege? chief and K2222?"

This was in reference to me becoming a collector an having collector status. The Zigmeister, K2222 and yourself do not collector status either but provide a service to the boards.

I was simply making the point its not far that i have to become a collector and pay a monthly fee when im simply doing the movement sale for the forum and make next to nothing. If i were making a shed load no problem ill contribute