When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this what the forum has come to

ajoesmith

This was in reference to me becoming a collector an having collector status. The Zigmeister, K2222 and yourself do not collector status either but provide a service to the boards.

I was simply making the point its not far that i have to become a collector and pay a monthly fee when im simply doing the movement sale for the forum and make next to nothing. If i were making a shed load no problem ill contribute

How do you know it's not fair without knowing anything about my previous contributions, though?

I just read this whole loop and I have to say I am very confused. Ajoe I can't imagine you are saying that people should not be allowed to donate or fundraise. People can elect to give or not give. I suspect the school where you are furthering your education would not exist without donations. I just wish I had that option on my taxes. ;) On POTR there was a good amount knowledge and no one took it lightly. If you disagree with the concept you simply don't give.

I just read this whole loop and I have to say I am very confused. Ajoe I can't imagine you are saying that people should not be allowed to donate or fundraise. People can elect to give or not give. I suspect the school where you are furthering your education would not exist without donations. I just wish I had that option on my taxes. ;) On POTR there was a good amount knowledge and no one took it lightly. If you disagree with the concept you simply don't give.

I have read it all again and have calmed down slightly since TT's PM

your right Kruzer and others, if people want to give its their choice

I am posting mainly because when I contribute to whomever..a member; the Forum.. I am supposedly doing it unconditionally... maybe some don't know what is like to go hungry or to see your child do so.. go without heat ??

I do believe it is very "Crude" to bring out members names when the rest of the Forum gave from the heart and not out of duress !!!

there was no pressure to do so... there was never any pressure or request from anyone on the admin team when I posted a watch for auction that started the issue of longevity...and brought about some viable solutions

What others do as long as it's not taking advantage of members is not my business... I do observe members here solely for buying and selling.... so as to turn a profit .. are these the members voicing concerns over money ??? seems kind of dual principles to me ...

Maybe someone can answer something for me.... the members that (not just in this thread) always jumping on the band wagon about negatives everything from collectors to the admin team.. are the ones that turn a profit ?? what's wrong with this picture.. even though a small profit .. still a profit.. not a negative loss..

Dani I have nothing against you man.. but you posted 2 spring bars for Pams @10usd.... i get these for free a dozen at a time from a collector.. yet you talk about ethics ??

Ajoe.. you always have big group buys going on .. you must be making money or at the very least getting your own movements for N/C .. there is nothing wrong with that .... you did the leg work... but how can you bring out a members name who was less fortunate this year than most of us..

sometimes I do things anonymously ... don't do it for glory .. or praise.. there are a lot of people who feel like this..

To all who feel they can do a better Job at running and keeping a forum of this size going without spending your "own" money.. I strongly suggest that you do just that.... start your own forum.. all the things that you "feel" are wrong with this forum.. correct and run it your way with your own money.. and all your time.. then see people come in and not support you and buy and sell and complain about having to donate..

Brothers ... the grass is always greener.... etc. etc.

I tell workers that get arrogant and think they know better when I talk from proven strategies and models and experience.. I tell them they better go and run their own business ... because if they feel they can do better..... then be my guest... I do not accept being held hostage.. and I can see from running my own business as many of you do .. the pitfalls and the whining from workers who will never be satisfied .. because it is in their nature to want what others have or have everything done for them without pitching in..

So my helping a member with a serious emergency is really my business even though it is posted on the board..

conversely .... this thread may be a good cleansing as ... if many have felt like this .. then may as well get it OUT NOW... instead of hold it in and whisper behind closed doors... for that I commend you Ajoe .. I think when you wake up in the morning things will appear in a different light..

Dani I have nothing against you man.. but you posted 2 spring bars for Pams @10usd.... i get these for free a dozen at a time from a collector.. yet you talk about ethics ??

who are you to even question my ethics?

do you now have many members here i have give free springbars?free straps,watches and more..I em sure i have given away atleast 1k in free stuff just in the last year.

But you see i offer this springbars and sold 5 pairs profit was not even worth my time and not in my mind to make any profit..But if i say free i will get 10000pm's have do i chose who to give and not?So yes i put it up as a service nothing more..

So newbie quit your bitching.

I have been here since day 1 and have been member on blades rwg and trc for many years before this forum was open..

Dani

who are you to even question my ethics?

do you now have many members here i have give free springbars?free straps,watches and more..I em sure i have given away at least 1k in free stuff just in the last year.

But you see i offer this spring bars and sold 5 pairs profit was not even worth my time and not in my mind to make any profit..But if i say free i will get 10000pm's have do i chose who to give and not?So yes i put it up as a service nothing more..

So newbie quit your bitching.

I have been here since day 1 and have been member on blades rwg and trc for many years before this forum was open..

Dani

what is funny .. really funny Dani is how "you" can always question and point fingers at everyone else.. but the minute you are questioned you revert to name calling .. swearing ... great debater that you are ... so you can do anything you feel is right with "you" because you have been around longer... ok.. and I'm not "bitching" just bringing to your attention you do the same thing that you accuse others of doing and claim it's wrong... how is that "bitching" ??

let it go Dani

what is funny .. really funny Dani is how "you" can always question and point fingers at everyone else.. but the minute you are questioned you revert to name calling .. swearing ... great debater that you are ... so you can do anything you feel is right with "you" because you have been around longer... ok.. and I'm not "bitching" just bringing to your attention you do the same thing that you accuse others of doing and claim it's wrong... how is that "bitching" ??

let it go Dani

wtf have i done mister?

sold springbars, have is that a crime? :p and what does that have to do whit ethics?

I em not a great debater thats true i em more put in place kind of guy..

I can't see your point of bringing me into this at all, i can question mods/admins here as i got "banned" for no good reason at all and the reason behinde was personal from the person that banned me..

So stop yapping your mouth..

Don't want to tell the mods how to handle this, but I'd lock it up tighter than Fort Knox and let everyone sleep it off. This is starting to snowball and go off into 100 different directions. Let's all have a drink, rest up, wake, have a shower and coffee and read all this [censored] again in the morning. I guarantee you'll wonder why your said what you did. BTW, breakfast is on me, I make a wicked French Toast.

As said from before some mods and admins here are not doing this forum any good whit their behavor.

Just my tought.

back to point.... this is supposedly a disscusion ... and merely bringing to your attention .. you ask why your name is brought into this thread.. :o

maybe we should all look at our behavior .. "live by the sword.. you know the rest.."

Peace Dani..

R

This was in reference to me becoming a collector an having collector status. Ziggy, K2222 and yourself do not collector status either but provide a service to the boards.

I was simply making the point its not far that i have to become a collector and pay a monthly fee when im simply doing the movement sale for the forum and make next to nothing. If i were making a shed load no problem ill contribute

There in-lies the difference...

Ziggy, Chief, K2 offer a "Service"...

That service benefits the Forum [greatly]...

You on the other hand offer a "Product"...

A product that benefits yourself...

Like I said in my first PM to you yesterday - you HAD [past tense] been extended grace in your listings here...

However, the challenge for you now is going to be passing the "Vote" in Admin...

Can't say you've made to many friends in the last 24 hours...

Probably doesn't matter anyway - cause you wouldn't of paid the fee...

Tis ok in the end though - you still have your Dealer Status at RG...

Enjoy yourself there...

Double T

I was going to reopen this thread yesterday and add a post here, but unfortunately, I did not have the time to do this.

@ajoesmith

Let me just tell you right now that there is a lot of things going on in the background of this forum that you know nothing about. Both k2222 and chief both support RWG with donations from their AR runs. I see chieftang has tried to bring this up several times in this thread, but he has never just said it. Only reason they don't have collectors status is because they haven't requested to have it. Same reason several collectors here didn't show up as collectors a few months ago. And I really don't think there is any point in mentioning what Ziggy has contributed to the forum.

Talking about things going on in the background; I really don't see the point in opening up a thread about something you have been warned about numerous times, in the background. You are listed as a dealer on other forums, so I guess this means you concider yourself a dealer, but not here?

When it comes to volunteer contributions, that is of course your own business. It is a personal choice. Same choice members have too when it comes to upgrading their memberships. Some people do and a lot of people don't. The money goes towards the same thing. I simply tell you about out situation and ask for volunteer contributions, same way as any contributions to POTR was volunteer. That one or several members does not agree with how things are done now and then is something that will happen every day on this forum. We are all humans, with different opinions and different set of values, based on all factors of the community we have been raised and live in.

Same goes for the admin team. We are all humans. We have our rules here, that we use as guidlines, but we are all flesh and blood and have feelings, like the rest of you. We are not perfect and I know I have made the wrong decision on several occasions. We try to stay unbiased and we always try to do what is best for the community as a whole. That's how we have to think. So no matter how good our intentions are, we always see misunderstandings on this forum, either based on language or cultural barriers.

But as TT has said numerous times; "Where people gather, life happens"