When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V's new CGs

jmt

OK, guys. Here is mine. Its on my 111H with a fat, but rep, crown. I am very interested to see this with an OEM crown. It took a good bit of filing by hand to get the level to work without pain, but it is easily doable while sitting on the couch watching baseball ;). Anyway, the lever is nice and firm and I think the profile is nice. Great job V, and thanks for bringing this to us!

J

015-1-2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look very nice!!! Shame the pic isent that good!!! But for all i can see is it looks fat and nice a bit rough maybe!!! Congrates!!! And nice work V...

//robi

No, not rough. Just a lousy pic. Sorry guys... It's late and my photog skills stink...They do look good though...

Awesome, I got one from V but shipped it with a modded 111h to a lucky member in Australia...enjoy. Now I wish I had ordered 2 so that I could have kept one...this was a special project that may or may not ever be replicated again so those lucky members that have them are...lucky! :victory:

For me its really difficult to see the difference between the rep CG and V'sCG in the pics above that V has provided.

Can someone enlighten me?

Well, have you ever seen a correct H-series CG on a rep? This is the first one and probably the only one we will see in the near future, well a few of them... ;)

Next to the replicated CG is the original that gave its dimensions for the specifications for manufacturing. Which one is the gen?

For me its really difficult to see the difference between the rep CG and V'sCG in the pics above that V has provided.

Can someone enlighten me?

Here are the two most common versions cgs panerai made for the historics.. both genuine in this photo..

dsc02253cj9.jpg

Let say A-F series (polished) and H+ and Pre-V series (brushed)... I think you will see now the difference.

Thing is that the A-F is much easier to manufacture because of the lack of curvature. The Rep makers just made a bad rep of the A-F series and kept it in all the models whatever series. H+ is thicker with a big curvature.

I won't start though on the construction quality.. No rubber part between pin and lever leading to floppy levers, not flush pins, not flush fitting on the case with huge gaps etc etc...

You guys are crazy!

No, we aren't. The pics V provided are the OEM and HIS replication. I will try to post pics later of his rep v. the standard rep. His has a narrower (is that a word?) gap between case and lever than is standard and a slightly different shape.

You guys are crazy!

[/quote

I agree....I don't spend that much on whole watches!!....This entire "hobby" has become whacky in the past year or so....Guys absolutely obsessing on "sapphire, A/R,and lume" issues...and don't even get me started on 6 versus 8 ticks per second!!

They're only effin watches for crissakes!!! :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle:

I agree....I don't spend that much on whole watches!!....This entire "hobby" has become whacky in the past year or so....Guys absolutely obsessing on "sapphire, A/R,and lume" issues...and don't even get me started on 6 versus 8 ticks per second!!

They're only effin watches for crissakes!!! :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle:

One man's ceiling is another man's floor...

No one is saying you should obsess over the minutiae like we do. If you don't, good for you. Whatever makes you happy. Just understand that yours isn't the only point of view out there, and differing opinions about what is acceptable/important don't mean that one side is "right" and the other is "wrong".

Each unto his own.