When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V's new CGs

jmt

+1

One man's ceiling is another man's floor...

No one is saying you should obsess over the minutiae like we do. If you don't, good for you. Whatever makes you happy. Just understand that yours isn't the only point of view out there, and differing opinions about what is acceptable/important don't mean that one side is "right" and the other is "wrong".

Each unto his own.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

V.... Looks sweet like Kauai Amber Honey on chilled pineapple slices.... how's that for an analogy.. :D

I cannot see any gaps between the CG and the case... GREAT WORK .... and in reality it didn't take too long.. for a project of this nature.. i will definately use them on varios models... mine have not arrived yet.. if it were from China I would get it first.. but it's going the opposite direction so the brothers on the Mainland get to savoiur first :)

Was there a mention of high price ?? well everythings relative it cost me 100 usd every 3 day's for my company Van .... a sanwhich is 11.0 usd..(I eat big sanwiches) ...We even have to buy purified water now .. In Hawaii .. imagine that.. 5 dollars for a loaf of bread..!!

And with the value of the US dollar.. yikes.... the euro is much stronger right now..So I believe we got something of value here..

thanks again V

Lani

Thanks guys.. I think small individual parts production is the way to go if we are really interested for 1:1 reps..

The rep makers will never mind to be extremely careful in every detail especially with historic Pams..

I heard nice 1:1 dials and other interesting stuff will be available from other members ^_^

The price will always though be expensive because we compare it with the Chinese who are making 10000 parts at once in China.

Give me only 1000 orders and I can get a bargain price for everything you want to make :rolleyes:

Marvelous work V on the crown guards :Jumpy: , thank you for making my PAM complete! :wub:

The fit was perfect on my Jimmy case and OEM hand wind crown, no filing or other modifications needed!

Enjoy the pictures!

Excellent news but I was expecting them... OEM specs Jimmy case and OEM crown won't need any modification for OEM specs cg.

Although you know that this cg is not the proper one for your watch? For the G series you need a Jimmy cg :)

Excellent news but I was expecting them... OEM specs Jimmy case and OEM crown won't need any modification for OEM specs cg.

Although you know that this cg is not the proper one for your watch? For the G series you need a Jimmy cg :)

Yes I know, I have a Jimmy CG but the lever was filed significantly down to fit a Palp crown. I purchased an OEM crown which I prefer to the Palp crown, but because the lever of my Jimmy CG is now to short, it cannot be used in combination with the OEM crown. This just a combination of the best parts I could lay my hands on, built not necessarily to approach 100% accuracy of a particular PAM model. For accuracy shall be purchasing a Genuine (116/118/176G or if I cannot source one of the previous a 005).

PS: Any pointers on sales of these particular models are welcome.

I thought all the Historic models got the new/Pre-V shaped CG for G series.....

No?

I thought all the Historic models got the new/Pre-V shaped CG for G series.....

No?

Nope.. this cg started to reappear (after the pre-vendome era) to the H series historics same time when the changed the movement decoration :)

G have the previous narrow straight version.

It looks pretty good V. Although it's still not there. I admit this is the first one I have seen with he curvature that should be there, and that looks great. But the inner radii where the crown goes, looks to be less than the gen and much rougher. Also the lever itself looks too large along with the pin.

Are you going to do subsequent runs? If so, you may want to use a different machinist with better tolerances. I hope they at least gave you the CAD file that way you could go to different micro manufacturers. I also do not know how much these cost (last I heard was in the ballpark of $150 each), but I do know that you can get it made for a tenth of that.

It looks pretty good V. Although it's still not there. I admit this is the first one I have seen with he curvature that should be there, and that looks great. But the inner radii where the crown goes, looks to be less than the gen and much rougher. Also the lever itself looks too large along with the pin.

Are you going to do subsequent runs? If so, you may want to use a different machinist with better tolerances. I hope they at least gave you the CAD file that way you could go to different micro manufacturers. I also do not know how much these cost (last I heard was in the ballpark of $150 each), but I do know that you can get it made for a tenth of that.

Are you serious mate? The cg is made 1:1 with almost 0 tolerance. The company is one of the best here with the best new state of the art 5-axis CNC machine.

Here are some photos to prove you that you are wrong in everything that you said above..

On top is the gen lever and on the bottom the rep. If it was too large you could have seen it from the bottom.

dsc02260hy5.jpg

dsc02256cm8.jpg

dsc02258tx8.jpg

I know you never had an h series cg in you hands so how you can say by some photos if pin and lever are big and radii less? I have sent it to members that have genuine 111-112 and 005 and they say it is spot on.

You have sent me numerous Pms requesting cad files to do the cgs yourself. That ain't gonna happen so please stop telling nonesense in this thread because I never replied and agreed to give anything you..

Because if you believe that you can make them for 15$ you are naive... unless they will be made by slaves in China in thousands of pieces or in a basement in US crafted by hand by an old man.

We have seen the results of 'cheap' work in some of our reps.

Are you serious mate? The cg is made 1:1 with almost 0 tolerance. The company is one of the best here with the best new state of the art 5-axis CNC machine.

Here are some photos to prove you that you are wrong in everything that you said above..

On top is the gen lever and on the bottom the rep. If it was too large you could have seen it from the bottom.

I know you never had an h series cg in you hands so how you can say by some photos if pin and lever are big and radii less? I have sent it to members that have genuine 111-112 and 005 and they say it is spot on.

You have sent me numerous Pms requesting cad files to do the cgs yourself. That ain't gonna happen so please stop telling nonesense in this thread because I never replied and agreed to give anything you..

Because if you believe that you can make them for 15$ you are naive... unless they will be made by slaves in China in thousands of pieces or in a basement in US crafted by hand by an old man.

We have seen the results of 'cheap' work in some of our reps.

Whoa Whoa, I said it was a great effort. And truly it is one of the best out there. I was just stating that it's not 1:1.

Here are some of your own photos with the highlghted problem areas:

CGcompare.jpg

levercompare.jpg

The first picture shows that the inside radii is not to the same tolerance as the gen. Also the straight going to the radius is not smooth, but looks rough.

The second picture shows that while it's a good copy, it's not 1:1. The bend on the end is not like the gen and the round piece that touches the crown is larger. Not by much, but it's larger.

So then, as to your comments on me sending you numerous PM's requesting the CAD files, I have those as well (numerous is a bit of an exagerration). I never demanded them in an effort to make them myself. I only tried to help you out by giving you my sources for making them. I thought this was a project to benefit the community more than line a pocket. I have no problem with you making any money or tons of it, more power to you. I was simply and nicely trying to help :) I know for a fact that you can get them made for around $15 each in the USA, not China. And by micro machinist using axis lasers with a much higher tolerance than any CNC. That's materials included.

The first picture shows that the inside radii is not to the same tolerance as the gen. Also the straight going to the radius is not smooth, but looks rough.

The second picture shows that while it's a good copy, it's not 1:1. The bend on the end is not like the gen and the round piece that touches the crown is larger. Not by much, but it's larger.

The first photo is the angle that make them seem different. They are identical as shown in my new photo one on top of the other. In the second photo also the levers are not exactly lined up.

I won't bother taking more photos with rulers for the measurements for you. I can send them though to anyone from the people who have one and doubt my word against yours. I am not gonna keep this debate with someone who wants to argue for the sake of it or for other reasons.

If you had them both (or even only the rep) in your hands like many members you could judge better than from my amateur photos of the quality of the finish.

I won't even reply to your comment that I 'maybe' tried to make tons of money from the community while you only wanted to benefit them.

Hey V,

I think the CG's look great and are spot on. I have a 127 so unfortunately, I don't have a need for one of these yet, but between this and the new crown coming out, I'm thinking of selling my gen 111F and piecing together a custom PAM super rep.

Hilarious..... complaints already !!!

Having been waiting for these since beginning this hobby 2-3 years ago, people only now think they could have done better and for cheaper!!!

You got to love this place!!!

FGD

:fish:

Everyone who can read between the lines can see that there are other reasons behind the 'complaints' so no worries.. This place is perfectly fine.

All the members who got one or more were more than happy with them.. the 'others' were just envious ;)

Hmmmm...I've got absolutely no dog in this hunt, but I may be able to help clarify the exchange between V and tootall. I've a V CG's in front of me and another 2 on the way to have my smith put on watches I'm trading to another member. I know the 2 on the way are from 2 different members who originally ordered them, so that's a pretty random sample. I'll do some side-by-side shots and post them along w/ a scan of the 3 quotes I recieved last summer for a run of 50 CNC'd A-F and H series guards.

On edit: i guess the finish on the edges of the "crown hole" and the pin/hole fit and finish tolerances are the key areas?

Hey V.. recieved my 2 this week..

Thank You..

I am not going to have time to get them fitted right away.. but just having them is great !!!!

You were up and up with the entire manufacture and delivery... weather they are "perfect" .. well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. and from where I stand .. I am happy !!!

no one else stepped forward with this at this time..

You stated that you are making something off this project.. and I for one really appreciate the candor.. speaking for myself .. i would do it again .. so thanks again .. now my Ziggy modded piece with your CG is complete... for now :D ... this hobby is a never ending tale..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani