When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG crown update

t

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am excited too :)

T: have you used my handdrawn design including the DIN standards?

One of V's crown guards and a set of correct cannon pinions are here allready. A superlumed DSN dial with matching hands should arrive these days and I have a 111h from precious time on its way. Quite looking forward to built my new PAM :)

I am excited too :)

T: have you used my handdrawn design including the DIN standards?

One of V's crown guards and a set of correct cannon pinions are here allready. A superlumed DSN dial with matching hands should arrive these days and I have a 111h from precious time on its way. Quite looking forward to built my new PAM :)

We compared the drawings and went with the previous one as it allredy has been sent to and accepted by the maufacturer. Somehow the got through the differences and managed to undestand the british/australian standards for the drawings. But I guess we will use the DIN drawings for the next run.

The point is: There should be tools for knurl according to DIN. The manucature should understand, that the knurl in the british/australian drawing exactly is a DIN knurl and therefore use DIN tools to reduce time and money needed for the production. An individual knurl requires individual tools causing "individual" prices...

The point is: There should be tools for knurl according to DIN. The manucature should understand, that the knurl in the british/australian drawing exactly is a DIN knurl and therefore use DIN tools to reduce time and money needed for the production. An individual knurl requires individual tools causing "individual" prices...

I think T can point it out to the manufacturer that he

Edited by Fish

FRIENDS

PLEASE DON`T SEND ME ANY MORE MAILS WITH REQUEST FOR PAM CROWNS

I WILL NOT RESPOND ALL THIS REQUESTS - I GOT EVERY DAY DOZEN OF REQUESTS

THE CROWNS ARE STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SHOULD READY IN 4 WEEKS

WHEN THEY ARE READY WILL SEND FEW EXAMPLES TO TRUSTED MEMBERS FOR A CHECK UP

SHOULD THE CROWNS FIT PERFECT WILL START THE SALE

EVERY ONE WILL GET A CROWN - WE WILL PRODUCE 500 PIECES AND COULD PRODUCE EVERY TIME MORE

WE WILL HAVE CROWNS FOR HAND WOUND MOVEMENTS (6497/7750) WITH 1.2mm STEM AND FOR AUTO MOVEMENTS (2892/2893/2836) WTH 0.9mm STEM

WE WILL HAVE BRUSHED/POLISHED FINISH - AND TITAN BRUSHED FINISH

FRIENDS

PLEASE DON`T SEND ME ANY MORE MAILS WITH REQUEST FOR PAM CROWNS

I WILL NOT RESPOND ALL THIS REQUESTS - I GOT EVERY DAY DOZEN OF REQUESTS

THE CROWNS ARE STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SHOULD READY IN 4 WEEKS

WHEN THEY ARE READY WILL SEND FEW EXAMPLES TO TRUSTED MEMBERS FOR A CHECK UP

SHOULD THE CROWNS FIT PERFECT WILL START THE SALE

EVERY ONE WILL GET A CROWN - WE WILL PRODUCE 500 PIECES AND COULD PRODUCE EVERY TIME MORE

WE WILL HAVE CROWNS FOR HAND WOUND MOVEMENTS (6497/7750) WITH 1.2mm STEM AND FOR AUTO MOVEMENTS (2892/2893/2836) WTH 0.9mm STEM

WE WILL HAVE BRUSHED/POLISHED FINISH - AND TITAN BRUSHED FINISH

Thank you t

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great effort t,

Finally the simplest of watches will be slowly getting to a level of compairable accuracy with the IWCs and Breitlings out there.

I'll definately be looking forward to a couple Stainless 6497 crowns :)

Cheers,

A

Edited by andyaudi42

• 2 weeks later...

This is really great news especially for a newcomer like me. I am going to get a 092 0r 252. Have bought a V 1:! CG, awaiting a Lello DW and with a crown from this, it should looke fantastic. Just need advice from experts here on which crown is suitable for the 2 models I mentioned? Finally, thanks to T for the awesome job!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys

the crowns are ready. I will pick up the parcel from my local post office in few hours

But i need you help.

Any reputable modder here in Germany or EU who can test this crowns? I would send you samples... and you can test the crowns for our community... i have no reps to test the crowns...