When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rep Divers strap

andreww

The good news is that Josh has done what looks to be a nicely made rep of the Breitling Pro Divers strap. Like the PO strap, this one is dust resistant and is reproduced using the gen as a model.

The bad news is that at $68 it is more expensive than the genuine I got from my AD ($65). I did get a deal, but I think they were listing at $75 at the time.

4.jpg

That is very expensive for this strap, as you say you can get the genuine for that price if you shop around! Fair enough pricing the PO version like that, because the genuine is very expensive, but you'd have to be stark raving bonkers to buy that Breitling one haha :bicycle:

I'm pretty sure his straps include postage.

Also, I've heard that Breitling had a recent price increase and the Diver strap is over $100 now. Not certain about that though.

Yeah the new list price for the Diver Pro strap is $110 in the Brietling Dealer price listing.

Josh told me that the ProRacer strap with deployant is coming next month. Perhaps it will be more of a bargain!

Even if the gen is $100 now I would still buy it over this for the price as well as the raised logo. Now the Ocean Racer I'm interested in. Curious to see how that one turns out.

$52.00 dealer from a AD in Philly.

Can you get me a couple i will pay for the shipping cost too. I need to replace my SS bracelet because it makes the watch so heavy to wear.

I can't get any around my AREA without waiting for at least a month to get it from ordering.

$68 for a small piece of rubber is way to rip off imho

I'd love to have a rep strap that does not take dust. For PAMs too.

If so, I'll buy 2 of each... but to a dealer who will offer it under 50 shipped, and there will, I'm sure. (Silix ? Trevor ? - they both had competitive prices for my Ingie strap with deployment, especially Trevor)

As for all accessories, the margins are skyhigh...

Makes sense for the dealer.

Makes sense for the potential buyer to inquire everywhere.

Example : you get a rep Panerai watch box for less than 40 dollars (+ 35 dollars if shipped EMS or 15 by registered mail) from some dealers whereas others ask 120 or more (with shipment by airmail only)

What andrew said was right, after the price hike these straps are $110, but there is some wiggle room for discounts..These can be had for under $90. And the buckle on the gen's has a raised/embossed logo not engraved. It doesn't make sense to buy this rep strap when you can spend 20-30 more and get the real 1

I don't get it, this is the same price as the Omega rubber strap that nobody had a problem with. If the quality is good, which I'm sure it is, then its not a bad deal based on Breitling's revised pricing. With taxes from an AD you are going to walk away at least $120 lighter. Thats much more than most are prepared to pay for a rubber strap. Besides, Paul will have these for about $50 any day now ;)

Some already passing the thing for a gen on Ebay

Andreww : what's the price of the gen Omega strap you're mentionning ? (expensive rubber strap are new for me..., I mean it)

Not sure if we should refer to the real thing's price to accept a high price.

I paid my HBB strap + clasp less than 50 and my Oris rubber + clasp 40 dollars... (that one was pure luck, as it's usually not for sale separately)

What andrew said was right, after the price hike these straps are $110, but there is some wiggle room for discounts..These can be had for under $90. And the buckle on the gen's has a raised/embossed logo not engraved. It doesn't make sense to buy this rep strap when you can spend 20-30 more and get the real 1

Not all of them................ ;)

I just sold my genuine Pro Diver that was on my SO and it had the engraved logo with a brushed finish. The brushed aspect was the reason why I wanted to get rid of it, I preferred the polished to match the case. Regardless, it was built solid and worth the price. I stopped into my AD today and found out I can still get them for $80 brand new..................