When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of Week Wristcheck...

ubiquitous

Starting this week off a little different. Rarely do I ever wear this one; I tend to find myself opting for something more familiar, though I felt compelled to give the crown a wind this morning while giving the collection a quick once over...

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

Size comparison... The lack of bezel and full dial/crystal lend this one a larger feel than it's 40mm size might otherwise imply...

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

Watching that tourbillon cage spin in the aperture is a bit mesmerizing...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ubi: Wow, that's quite a dress watch!

@Alextor: That's a classic!!! A beauty!

@d4me: Most of my wristies are from weeks (or even years) ago. :D

But I'm with you today... wearing the 'Racer!!

19889_IMG_5850_122_943lo.jpg

3a1.jpg

:o

Holy smokes... That thing is HUGE!!

Yes ubi, it is! I think they have lanikai's wrist size when they designed this model :D ! And the strap is very stiff. Needs a major break-in period!

Starting this week off a little different. Rarely do I ever wear this one; I tend to find myself opting for something more familiar, though I felt compelled to give the crown a wind this morning while giving the collection a quick once over...

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Watching that tourbillon cage spin in the aperture is a bit mesmerizing...

This is getting to be a bit freaky R.. i have been thinking all day of my ordering a tourbi from Homer .. trying to take my thoughts off waiting for the AP.. :rolleyes:

Sort of like watching a fish tank..watching the cage spin... :huh:

A customer invited me into his Den this morning .. turns out he collects antique pocket watches and Clocks.. walls filled with clocks and pocket watches from the 1800's .. all restored with original parts..it was something to see.. he said I can come back with my camera.. but the really amazing thing is they were all functioning.. he spends the better part of the morning manually winding all of them.. it was surreal to be in a den.. (fashioned after the turn of the century..20th) with a hundred clocks and pocket watches ticking away.. some rather loud.. it was a symphony of ticking..

My first thought .. which I found hilarious given my addiction... was... "wow, this guy needs help" .. then I caught myself.. :bicycle:

These shots make me realize the SOH is A: Huge - YES!, and B: very interesting in that color - Yes!! Enjoy.

dsc00020yy6.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The Football watch! :D Doesn't that remind you of a football!

This is getting to be a bit freaky R.. i have been thinking all day of my ordering a tourbi from Homer .. trying to take my thoughts off waiting for the AP.. :rolleyes:

Sort of like watching a fish tank..watching the cage spin... :huh:

R- You've got incredibly good taste, if I do say so myself :)

A customer invited me into his Den this morning .. turns out he collects antique pocket watches and Clocks.. walls filled with clocks and pocket watches from the 1800's .. all restored with original parts..it was something to see.. he said I can come back with my camera.. but the really amazing thing is they were all functioning.. he spends the better part of the morning manually winding all of them.. it was surreal to be in a den.. (fashioned after the turn of the century..20th) with a hundred clocks and pocket watches ticking away.. some rather loud.. it was a symphony of ticking..

My first thought .. which I found hilarious given my addiction... was... "wow, this guy needs help" .. then I caught myself.. :bicycle:

The first step to an addiction is ackowledging you have one.

I'm Randy, and I'm a watch-a-holic...

@ BT and Randy....Hello guyssss!

BT you are back with a beautiful piece... congratulations on your collection... :)

Randy! you always tweak any piece into an even more interesting one...! Explorer in a NATO strap...I always thought the classic 'mountain top' look with a steel bracelet was the one to go with ... but I'm digging the 'underwater' look with the strap now... And that legendary Daytona... :Dalways bring a smile to me facey :D

It's good to be back! :good:

Alex

@Ubi: Wow, that's quite a dress watch!

@Alextor: That's a classic!!! A beauty!

@d4me: Most of my wristies are from weeks (or even years) ago. :D

But I'm with you today... wearing the 'Racer!!

19889_IMG_5850_122_943lo.jpg

3a1.jpg

R- You've got incredibly good taste, if I do say so myself :)

The first step to an addiction is ackowledging you have one.

I'm Randy, and I'm a watch-a-holic...

OH.. I thought denial .. was a river in Egypt.... I got stuck with a nickname in Seattle.. Ydnar ... see !! now the tourbi is going to be on my mind... at least I'm not obessing about the AP... :o ... somehow that doesn't seem to make sense.. oh well.. just go with the flow..

for Monday...036

dsc0001dp4.jpg

csc0009sc7.jpg

Here's what promotersf, deltatahoe, and myself are kicking off the week with. Pic from our mini-GTG tonight. This is a very very ironic pic for an RWG GTG. :D

IMG_3272_2-1.jpg

Unfortunately, lighting was absolutely horrible for pics and this is the only one that's presentable.