When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny story I want to share!

Guest CGJ

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

1. Respect your elders!

2. I'm going to Woosta, finding that guy, and giving him my sub.

Maybe we could all club together to get the janitor a nice replacement rep. I would honestly donate a decent rep of my own to him if I thought he would receive it. Its obvious that his watch means alot to him and I dont want to think of him being putting down by arrogant asses.

Right, who thinks they can track him down?! This guy deserves something just for being treated like [censored]!

Sorry dani I just echoed your post - i totally agree!

Im 26. Another question- yes, I am a health insurance salesman, and a very successful one at that. As for the poor man, he is indeed a poor man. I'm in a convenience store in the "bronx" section of worcester. Noone there owns a home, owns a car newer than 1988, and noone there has health insurance other than the state free-care. It is a complete impossibility that he could ever actually have a real one.

He was standing next to me when I just took a very close look at his watch, and pointed a few things out to him. Based on the fact that he CANNOT speak english, I can say for a fact he did not understand a word I was saying. No harm, no foul. I just hate low end replicas, because their so numerous it "devalues" the rolex name and prestige associated with it. There really should be regulations on the fakes.

his

Let me get this straight ... you're indignant because his low-end rep devalues your high-end rep. And people on this board want to know why Rolex is so protective of their brand. I mean are kiddng?? Do you see the irony in someone participating in this trade bemoaning low-end reps and calling out the people who wear them??

• 5 weeks later...
I'm sorry sir, but you are an [censored] ;-)

It seems you have totally missed the point of owning/collecting/wearing good craftsmanship and quality, and it seems you find flaunting monetary success more important than owning an actual piece. Although you are not the only one with this approach to expensive items - whether that be watches, cars or art - it sadly puts you in that category of watch wearers who do it for the (in my eyes) wrong reasons.

Says the guy who emblazon's his posts with a Ferrari and an M3.

Seriously though, the OP is just a total [censored]. Show some class and some compassion. Obviously the hypocrisy and irony is lost on him. Insurance salesman...says it all really.

It's summer, he won't be needing his coat. :D

Any one live around that area or know of the gentleman that works in the store?

I would be up for donating a little to get the guy a nicer watch so that next time CJD or what ever he is called can look and the old man can say your freinds say hello asswipe

Any one live around that area or know of the gentle man that works in the store?

I would be up for donating a little to get the guy a nicer watch so that next time CJD or what ever he is called can look and the old man can say your freinds say hello asswipe

Id also a donate a decent Rolex rep to the chap. Could also be the storyline to a film starring Morgan Freeman, a lonely humble janitor ridiculed by his co workers for his choice of watch benefits from the kindness of strangers from a replica watch forum, its working titlle could be Repman.

So anyway, This morning I have an appointment with a grocery marker/convenience store owner in Worcester, MA. The place is pretty small, but they have ALOT of business going through it constantly, so the owner makes good money. One of the guys she has working for her is a tall, black man in his 50's, he simply sweeps the floors, cleans the bathrooms for about 8 bucks an hour.

I noticed during her absence he was wearing a pretty nice watch. I checked it out closer and held it to find it was a rolex submariner, two tone. Painfully obvious... ticks once per second, and about half the gold on the bracelet was completely worn off... I pointed out it was a fake not only cuz the gold was out to lunch, but the ticking is similar to a quartz watch. Then I showed him my rep, whcih I passed as a real one and how it ticks about 4-5 times per second. he didnt argue or look angry, I personally think he couldn't understand me.

Later on as Im completing my sale, (my 15th in a row!!) I tell her "you have a guy working here with a fake rolex" She says "oh boy, dont tell him that, he thinks its real! He actually got into an argument with a guy with an expensive watch abotu how his keeps BETTER time."

Another thing to do if you want to be convincing, is make it believable. How would a 50 yr old janitor who can barely communicate have a 6,000 dollar watch? Even with my income, I probably would only have 2 reps, just because people would still get suspicious if they knew I had 5 or 6 really expensive timepieces.

That's not funny, it shows how much of an [censored] you are. I have respect for the poorer man, they're having a tough life and then you come along to blatantly show off in his face about a watch not even YOU can't seem to afford and make him feel bad about it, and then you tell his boss he owns a fake watch? WHY!? No, honestly, you're the biggest douche on the forum, bar none!

idiot.gif

Edited by guanaco

I really don't understand the gall of some people. Even though he may not have understood a word you said, you did your best to embarrass him, then proceeded to call him out to his boss. I can read people very well my friend, and I am pretty sure you are an arrogant, snob nosed [censored].

+1

Yeah, you really beat up on that old tall black man! Showed him did you!

How old are you?

For Christ's sake man - Didn't your parents ever teach you any manners?

Reminds me of this world famous post:

davebs wrote:

Oh yeah? Well I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so f**k you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What f**k you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* [censored]ing old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow b**ch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO f**k YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! f**k YEAH!!!

Edited by jake48

WOW! I was expecting to read some really deliriously funny story, instead I have a 60's flashback! Isn't it 2008????

Damn! X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

00!

I'm boiling over this, so all I could say is: :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

:please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please:

:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

or else: :cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang::cc_hang:

Guest carlsbadrolex

If there is ANYONE on this board that can put in a little leg work and find out who this grocery store worker is, I suggest we take this even a step further and pitch in to buy the guy a genuine Rolex. It doesnt need to be a TT Sub, and it doesnt need to be new, but a stainless DJ would be nice.

We are planning a G2G in New York next month, and I would be down for a little side trip to MA.

Im dead serious and willing to throw in a considerable amount of loot.

If the Douchbag who started this thread would care to PM the stores location and contact information, he will have at least made some effort to redeem himself.

If there is ANYONE on this board that can put in a little leg work and find out who this grocery store worker is, I suggest we take this even a step further and pitch in to buy the guy a genuine Rolex. It doesnt need to be a TT Sub, and it doesnt need to be new, but a stainless DJ would be nice.

We are planning a G2G in New York next month, and I would be down for a little side trip to MA.

Im dead serious and willing to throw in a considerable amount of loot.

If the Douchbag who started this thread would care to PM the stores location and contact information, he will have at least made some effort to redeem himself.

Your heart is in the right place but it's highly doubtful that the douche bag is for real... This sounds like a somewhat half assed troll's piece of fiction to me.

Im 26. Another question- yes, I am a health insurance salesman, and a very successful one at that. As for the poor man, he is indeed a poor man. I'm in a convenience store in the "bronx" section of worcester. Noone there owns a home, owns a car newer than 1988, and noone there has health insurance other than the state free-care. It is a complete impossibility that he could ever actually have a real one.

He was standing next to me when I just took a very close look at his watch, and pointed a few things out to him. Based on the fact that he CANNOT speak english, I can say for a fact he did not understand a word I was saying. No harm, no foul. I just hate low end replicas, because their so numerous it "devalues" the rolex name and prestige associated with it. There really should be regulations on the fakes.

This is by far the worst post I've ever read in here. That kind of behaviour is simply studpid. As some has pointed out, why on earth would you go and out him and then pass yours off as a gen? The man has bought a poor rep - and so what? You talk about poor reps devalues gens - what about the reps we buy in here? Why are they any different? The whole rep industry devaluates the gens, and that'st just the way it is.. nothing more too it - we all know and accept it, since we continue to buy them.

I would be very ashamed of myself if I had behaved like you did. Doesn't matter how much you make, where you live, how you look or anything like that. It all comes down to how we treat eachother.