When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny story I want to share!

Guest CGJ

To the OP:

What You are probably getting as feedback in this forum is what a lot of people/family/coworkers wish, but for various reasons don't, tell You to your face. Think about it. If people hate You with just one post, imagine what is the opinion of people who have to put up with your 'arrogance and attitude' (your quote) on a daily basis.

Take this as a lesson and go over to that Gentleman that You insulted and hand him your replica asking for his forgiveness.

Arrogance is never the quality and can be the downfall of even the greatest man, Mr 19.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the OP last checked in 7 days ago so he is still looking from time to time,

Would he care to make amens for his behavier?

Probably not.... :lol:

I spotted a rep the other day at a strip club....

I was workin the vallet and one of the regulars was wearing a Patek....

Out of curiosity....and to get a closer look....I says to him "Thats a nice lookin watch man....what kind is it?"

He says...."Oh, its just a Patek....yeah....just a Patek."

Like he wears $50,000 watches all year long or something....

He let me glance at it for about 1 second....thats all it took though....

BUSTED!!!! :lol:

It was a day/date model replica....you know....the one that displays the year instead of the month....

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me....the watch displays the day....date....year....AND NOT THE MONTH!.... :thumbdown:

Of course I did not say a word to him....not my style to call someone out....especially when others are around....and because the guy is a pimp....yes....thats right....a real life pimp....has lots of bitches....lol

I may bring up a rep conversation with him however....and see if he reveals the truth....

So anyway, This morning I have an appointment with a grocery marker/convenience store owner in Worcester, MA. The place is pretty small, but they have ALOT of business going through it constantly, so the owner makes good money. One of the guys she has working for her is a tall, black man in his 50's, he simply sweeps the floors, cleans the bathrooms for about 8 bucks an hour.

I noticed during her absence he was wearing a pretty nice watch. I checked it out closer and held it to find it was a rolex submariner, two tone. Painfully obvious... ticks once per second, and about half the gold on the bracelet was completely worn off... I pointed out it was a fake not only cuz the gold was out to lunch, but the ticking is similar to a quartz watch. Then I showed him my rep, whcih I passed as a real one and how it ticks about 4-5 times per second. he didnt argue or look angry, I personally think he couldn't understand me.

Later on as Im completing my sale, (my 15th in a row!!) I tell her "you have a guy working here with a fake rolex" She says "oh boy, dont tell him that, he thinks its real! He actually got into an argument with a guy with an expensive watch abotu how his keeps BETTER time."

Another thing to do if you want to be convincing, is make it believable. How would a 50 yr old janitor who can barely communicate have a 6,000 dollar watch? Even with my income, I probably would only have 2 reps, just because people would still get suspicious if they knew I had 5 or 6 really expensive timepieces.

The sheer irony of an arrogant jumped up fake wearing travelling salesman looking down on someone doing a useful job also wearing a fake.

• 1 month later...

It may be a European thing, but certainly in England, we generally find that talking about money and wealth is a vulgar topic indeed. You would never tell anyone but very close friends what you are earning and showing off your wealth is considered cheap and 'working class'. The sort of thing rappers and football players would do.

Once you have grown up you will realise this. Success is a feeling inside us and has different meaning to us all. Whether you have more money than the Queen or a beautiful baby son/daughter nobody has the right to judge you based on their own shallow criteria. People wanting to show their wealth whether it is real, borrowed or repped are just opening the door on showing how insecure they are that they don't fit in.

I would never call anyone out on their reps, no matter how bad they are. If it brings them happiness then that is a good thing, in this tough path we call life. Some have an easier journey than others, but we all have our different motives and things that keep us sane.

The more successful you are, you will discover that it is probably not the best idea to flaunt your wealth. You are just opening the door for jealousy and being attacked. I know many people in the top rich lists and most of them have a subtle style with well made suits, cars and watches, but rarely blingy and they rarely try and shove the fact down your throat like this noob likes to do.

My advice is grow up and realise there is more to life than money and targets ( I have been a very successful salesman here in the UK, but would never brag about it (whoops!).

Life is about what you do for others, not what you earn for yourself.

Edited by TommyB

It may be a European thing, but certainly in England, we generally find that talking about money and wealth is a vulgar topic indeed. You would never tell anyone but very close friends what you are earning and showing off your wealth is considered cheap and 'working class'. The sort of thing rappers and football players would do.

Once you have grown up you will realise this. Success is a feeling inside us and has different meaning to us all. Whether you have more money than the Queen or a beautiful baby son/daughter nobody has the right to judge you based on their own shallow criteria. People wanting to show their wealth whether it is real, borrowed or repped are just opening the door on showing how insecure they are that they don't fit in.

I would never call anyone out on their reps, no matter how bad they are. If it brings them happiness then that is a good thing, in this tough path we call life. Some have an easier journey than others, but we all have our different motives and things that keep us sane.

The more successful you are, you will discover that it is probably not the best idea to flaunt your wealth. You are just opening the door for jealousy and being attacked. I know many people in the top rich lists and most of them have a subtle style with well made suits, cars and watches, but rarely blingy and they rarely try and shove the fact down your throat like this noob likes to do.

My advice is grow up and realise there is more to life than money and targets ( I have been a very successful salesman here in the UK, but would never brag about it (whoops!).

Life is about what you do for others, not what you earn for yourself.

Excellent post. Here in Central America it is considered of very poor etiquette/vulgar to show off [blatantly] what you have. Rappers are considered vulgar/scum here, and I couldn't agree more. Rappers seem to suffer a HUGE inferiority complex, because they HAVE to always show their stupid jewelry, meh, they're idiots.

There is. It's called the law.

A gen Rolex owner thinks you're identical to the guy with the quartz.

Just reading this topic, and i know it's been a while Pugwash made his comment....

But how great comment it is.. !!!! respect Pug !!

Laughing my *ss off :D

And for what is worth, the 2 posts here above ..couldn't have said it better myself.... ( here in Holland it's not done either showing off what you've got )

Edited by jasonz1000

Not to make it go off topic, but do you pronounce Worcester "Woosta"?

My parents once visited my wife's family in Gloucester and they called it "Glow-Chester" and they were literally laughed out of town.

Yes. The 'che' sound is silent :) Kind of like how people don't say Wed-nez-day, but Wensday... :) Funny thing, the English language :)

OMG, Jetmid has returned :p

I was going to say andreww took the words right out of my mouth. but even jetmid at his prime days, he was never like this.....

wow, I can't believe I have missed the thread the entire time, and am now just reading up on it. CGJ was last seen as of yesterday, so he still does lurk around <_<

now, guys, we can't expect too much fro, him, he is afterall, a salesman? what kind of morals can you expect from salesman?

you see CGJ, I just generalized you into a big category of salesmen. I was judgmental, something that you can relate of course. but I was using it as an example, you, actually were serious, and proud of the fact to call that poor man out.

a watch does not make the man, and that certainly does not apply to you. be a little more humble as a human being, and that will go a long way. hope you'll take something away from all of the members' reply to you.

Edited by Woody

I just read the first post in here, none of the responses and I must say that was a pretty [censored] thing of you to do.

Your fake is as fake as his fake, but you passed yours off as gen and you knew better.

Maybe the guy really did not know. In his mind the thing could have been a gen, I am sure he had to work his ass off to buy it even if it was a Canal street fake. Pointing it out to his coworker is even worse, it proves you are an assbag.

He was right though, his surely keeps better time.

Mods, if I am out of line or obscene please feel free to amend or delete this post. It just makes my blood boil that someone can judge another person by a watch without judging himself first.

I was going to say andreww took the words right out of my mouth. but even jetmid at his prime days, he was never like this.....

wow, I can't believe I have missed the thread the entire time, and am now just reading up on it. CGJ was last seen as of yesterday, so he still does lurk around <_<

now, guys, we can't expect too much fro, him, he is afterall, a salesman? what kind of morals can you expect from salesman?

you see CGJ, I just generalized you into a big category of salesmen. I was judgmental, something that you can relate of course. but I was using it as an example, you, actually were serious, and proud of the fact to call that poor man out.

a watch does not make the man, and that certainly does not apply to you. be a little more humble as a human being, and that will go a long way. hope you'll take something away from all of the members' reply to you.

He's still a member :angry2:

No - Fair play he's had his fair share of "The Treatment" now. At least he seems to be man enough to take his punishment and not run away and register with another user name.

We all make silly mistakes, some big, some small but as long as lessons are learnt we as a community should be big enough to forgive and forget and allow him to rehabilitate.

I am sure that he has learnt an awful lot and that humility and respect for others' will be a significant feature in his future treatment of others'.

Well I went back and read some more posts and was glad most everyone agreed. I have a funny story for you guys that I thought I would throw out.

A guy in my town was in his late 70s or early 80s and his wife passed away. He started drinking a bit and got drunk one night and wrecked his car. Totaled it. The insurance company told him it would be a couple of weeks before they settled with him. During that time he was without a car and no one in his family would give him a ride anywhere. After a day or two he got fed up and rode his BICYCLE to the one car dealership in our town, walked up to a Caddy and asked the salesman "How much?" Salesman quoted him a price and he said I will take it. The salesman asked the old man how he intended on paying for it and the old man answered back "I will write you a check." The salesman looks this old man up and down, an old farmer in overalls who rode a bike on the lot and does not believe him. The salesman humors the old man and takes his check, goes inside and calls the bank expecting to get blown off. The salesman turned white when the bank said that the guy had plenty of money and the check was good. The salesman, after treating this old guy like [censored], tries to make amends by asking the old man if there is anything else that they could do for him after the sale. The old guy answers back "Have one of you boys put the bike in the trunk for me, it was a long ride here and I am tired"

Classic story about a salesman judging someone and it almost bit him on the ass. I work with a relative of the guy in the story, have heard it from everyone in the family.

My own granfather is worth a few million and wears a five dollar digital watch on a strap he made out of leftover leather in the garage because he wore the original plastic one out. The drives a Dodge truck from the early 80s, bought it used for 500 bucks a few years ago. His "nice car" is an 87 Cadillac. The rich don't get rich by blowing money on expensive watches on the way up. Some of them never feel the need to at all.

My other grandfather died flat broke after a lifetime of manual labor. I have a watch from both of them, that is what started this sickness of watch collecting. Ironically the watch from my rich grandfather can't hold a candle to the lovely pocketwatch that my other grandfather gave me. Out of all of my gen Seamasters, gen Monaco, gen this, rep that, those are my two favorite watches. If either of my grandfathers gave me a fake Rolex with a quartz movement and some [censored] like the guy who started this thread called them crap, we would have a real problem. I would hope that he bought himself medical and life insurance if such a thing ever happended.

As someone who was born in Massachusetts I feel the need to speak for the state in saying: Please don't believe that everyone from Massachusetts is like this guy.

Going up to someone and laughing at their replica is kind of ironic, seeing as how gen owners laugh at you just as much.

You know, my father always told me "Treat everyone...from the janitors to the president of the company, with respect...it makes life a whole lot easier."

This is from a guy that had zero money growing up, started out as an orderly, worked his way through medical school and got his business degree at night in the late 70's because he had small children and also was helping my mother to pay her tuition at law school. Doctors treated him like [censored] when he was an orderly because...well, he was an orderly. He's now the president of one of the largest health care organizations in Massachusetts and to this day he will still sit down with custodial workers, nurses, etc in the cafe and ask them how their day is going, how did they like that Sox game, how they feel about the Celtics, etc. He isn't condescending, he isn't a self-assured little [censored] that feels the need to call people out because he's a "health insurance salesman" and makes "good money," he treats people exactly as they should be treated. Who the [censored] are you to decide that you are the end all, be all judge of how "great" someone's rep is? And for you to say that bad reps bring down the prestige of Rolex? Haha, clearly the irony is lost on you...not that it surprises me in the least.

I've got your number because I went to business school with people like you... people whose only goal in life was to make a billion dollars and flaunt it in everyone's faces... you guys usually did the worst on tests and group projects and you could never explain theory for [censored]...you couldn't be "bothered" with the trivial details of success... your goal in life was to have the nice watches, the nicest cars, and a nice big house in or around my hometown of Weston. Everyone else ticks and ties, does great work at their internships, and works their way up...not you though, you figure that you're owed something and as such, everyone should get on their knees and pray to you, the almighty Rolex rep wearer... please.

Just stop posting...you literally have no defensible position...there is nothing you can say that will make you seem like less of an ignorant [censored], so please just stop posting.

I would also STRONGLY encourage you to post your story over in TimeZone...tell all the gen owners (including myself) how you were protecting the prestige of our investments... better yet, send a letter to Rolex and tell them of your crusade against the working poor, I'm sure since YOU are the one sending the letter, they'll gladly send you 4-5 brand new Submariners in thanks.

What a [censored].

Thank you Shundi for saying all of that.