When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Offshore- One big mother...!

Thanks all, for the very kind words :)

So, day 2 with this bad boy, and it's starting to feel a little more natural on the wrist. Still somewhat awkward, though; the weight always reminds me it's there!

To help answer some questions...

Has anyone laid the question to rest as to whether the movement magic is accomplished by mere gears or are they jeweled?

Not sure how this movement will fare under the scrutiny of ZZ! Hopefully, this will pass the test!

May I ask if all links had been removed. will it fit for my 6.12' wrist? :(

Raymond- It's difficult to say for sure. My wrist is 6.75" and I only have one link on (all the rest have been removed). I think the proper fit is going to depend on the shape of your wrist as the long case and lug overhang will play an important role as to whether the watch feels comfortable. As we all know, the RO and ROO bracelets aren't the most conforming; the rubber strap as dani mentioned may indeed be a better solution!

QUESTION:

....will the deployant clasp open with 2 pusher from the side or just snap open?

Theo- The clasp on this one is tension set and snaps open once the flip lock is opened.

As for the flaws... Just glancing at my watch, here's what I see:

-The date surround in the aperture is silver, not black (though for me, it's not a huge deal).

-The date/cyclops is a little too close to the inner bezel/rehaut

-No lume on the markers

-No metal surrounds on the markers (though this is a pretty subtle one).

-Crown is a bit high on the profile

Otherwise things look pretty decent (though I'm sure I've missed a few).

Thanks again for the comments, guys! All very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Randy

Thanks for all the input Randy, keep it coming as you enjoy your watch.

Since everyone mentioned the rubber strap, do you happen to have one for yours? It would be great if you could post some pics of your watch with rubber.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, no rubber strap for me. If I decide to keep this thing, I may look into picking one up, or maybe getting a leather or croc. For now... The bracelet will have to do :)

Boy, I like big watches, but this one is a monster.

It is indeed!

Here is a small comparo between a few others in my collection...

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

Even though the ROO has a dimension of 42mm (just 2mm bigger than the Daytona and the same diameter of the Natuilus), it makes them both seem much smaller. This is one beefy case!

I've since discovered that this watch fits on my right wrist better as it's slightly larger...

Congrats, it looks fantastic on your wrist. Take care of your new baby and have fun !

Had the surprise of my Royal Oak Offshore w/ seconds@12:00 (25721ST) knocking at the front door today. It's been a long while since I actually ordered a rep watch simply for the sake of wearing out of the box (the last one was a year ago- My much loved Nautilus); I was quite anxious with anticipation.

Tore into the packaging and discovered a large brick was inside; a big, stainless steel brick. Quizzically, I withdrew this large, massive chunk of metal from the parcel...

Initial thoughts- The watch is gorgeous. Great finishing, nice, crisp lines and the dial, in spite of all it's faults, is very high quality with great color, nice detail and very nice overall finish. The bracelet and case are top notch, very solid and confident.

Gave the bracelet a quick sizing, rinsed the case with a wipe down and a couple of swings to wind and set the time. Checked the chronograph functions... Everything loooks good, sooooo....

Pop the clasp to slip it on and... It's a bit clumsy and awkward on my 6.5" wrist *sigh*

For someone who is used to 40mm Daytonas and a much slimmer profile 42mm Nautilus (same diameter as the ROO, but far less bulky), this watch feels a bit... Out of place on me. It seems to attract a lot attention so far, which is something else that I'm not quite used to. My wife convinced me to give this one a week or two of wear before making the decision of keeping or selling; I have to say that after just a few hours, it's starting to feel a little more natural :)

If it weren't for the size (mostly the thickness) of the case and bracelet links, I'd be all over this. I suppose that my answer lies with the more conservative and lower profile 25860ST Chronograph- Still, this ROO is fun (and I'm especially grateful that my price to feel this one out was a very small fraction of the gen).

Overall, on the merits of this watch, I think it's a very ncie piece. If you're looking for all out perfection, you may just want to skip this one and buy a gen :) However, if you want a nice ROO at a great price, this may be worth a look for those of you interested (and hopefully with thicker wrists than mine :D ).

All the best!

R

Great post, thanks. An inquiry. I have a MBW/MBK AP old version second running at 9. It is a watch whit a great defect (second running at 9) but very fine and detailed in case, dial ecc....

In your opinion is this AP detailed good as MBW ? I am tempted to buy it, but have some doubts about the level of finiture......

The watch looks absolutely great, congratulations on your new watch ;) . It gives the idea of being a lot larger than 42 mm.

Well if I recall correctly you own a closed back MBK 15202, so would you take a comparison shot as the one that you take with your other watches.

Btw, is every one sure than the color silver on the thing around the date it

Guest carlsbadrolex
Well if I recall correctly you own a closed back MBK 15202, so would you take a comparison shot as the one that you take with your other watches.

I dont think thats gonna be possible! ;)

Hey gang,

Sorry for the late reply; it has been a busy past few days! So... I'm just catching up...

The watch looks absolutely great, congratulations on your new watch ;) . It gives the idea of being a lot larger than 42 mm.

Btw, is every one sure than the color silver on the thing around the date it

Hey gang,

Sorry for the late reply; it has been a busy past few days! So... I'm just catching up...

Unfortunately, I cannot. Both the 15202 (Jumbo) and 25721 (ROO) have been transitioned to new homes :) However, you are correct; this watch is huge. Has the look and feel of being much, much larger than a 42mm watch! Very top heavy!

Well now I’m jealous of the new owners then ;)

Edited by emuozz

Guest carlsbadrolex
Really big..............and HEAVY.

You could actually kill someone with this watch!

I guess if you wanted too... But I would rather impress the panties off of some of these hot 25 year olds hanging out around my neighborhood! GOD I LOVE SUMMER!!!

Thanks all, for the very kind words :)

So, day 2 with this bad boy, and it's starting to feel a little more natural on the wrist. Still somewhat awkward, though; the weight always reminds me it's there!

To help answer some questions...

Not sure how this movement will fare under the scrutiny of ZZ! Hopefully, this will pass the test!

Raymond- It's difficult to say for sure. My wrist is 6.75" and I only have one link on (all the rest have been removed). I think the proper fit is going to depend on the shape of your wrist as the long case and lug overhang will play an important role as to whether the watch feels comfortable. As we all know, the RO and ROO bracelets aren't the most conforming; the rubber strap as dani mentioned may indeed be a better solution!

Theo- The clasp on this one is tension set and snaps open once the flip lock is opened.

As for the flaws... Just glancing at my watch, here's what I see:

-The date surround in the aperture is silver, not black (though for me, it's not a huge deal).

-The date/cyclops is a little too close to the inner bezel/rehaut

-No lume on the markers

-No metal surrounds on the markers (though this is a pretty subtle one).

-Crown is a bit high on the profile

Otherwise things look pretty decent (though I'm sure I've missed a few).

Thanks again for the comments, guys! All very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Randy

Awesome watch there Randy. I see many with the black version and wondering if the other color (the white) is a "better" choice. Is the date surround in the aperture correct on the white faced version?

Is the black face overall more accurate than the white face?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...