When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Favourite Tag

By-Tor

Posted this same thing almost a year ago. Still no decent rep available. What's keeping?

TAG Aquaracer 2000 Automatic Chronograph:

78442-30912.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep. Too bad TAG gets little respect... and most WIS look TAG down their noses.

But all their higher end models are very attractive. The Link Chronograph series and Aquaracer 2000 Chrono especially. Lovely watches.

I think I have to buy the new Link Chrono rep.

Fully agree, Aquaracer is gorgeous.

Andrew has a replica but it's not accurate at all (it's pretty cheap and has asian movement inside).

Let's hope manufacturers will make a new accurate replica, as good as last Link chronograph.

This is the one i would buy in a heartbeat if there were any good ones!

Yeah i'm with ya, i wanted one for years and the reps are so bad I had to buy a gen :lol:

No decent Monza reps either it seems - I wonder why, they are very desirable watches imho :g:

This is the one i would buy in a heartbeat if there were any good ones!

80239-30543.jpg

Yup but than the Steve MC version, blue dail and orange markers and hands,

the autavia is also pretty sweet, but when the real monaco v4 comes out, i'm the first to get one regardless of the price (up to 10.000 usd will be ok)

Edited by ber jupiler

Hey, that is my watch! I have the gen of that exact one... the CAF2112. Picked it up for 60% off at the Lord & Taylor going out of business sale... so I know it's real :D I will try to post a picture of it soon. It really is gorgeous. I have 7 reps but that gen Tag is the one I wear most of the time.

Posted this same thing almost a year ago. Still no decent rep available. What's keeping?

TAG Aquaracer 2000 Automatic Chronograph:

82111-30163.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I probably need to buy the gen soon. ;)

Well...there you have it. Just goes to show how weak I am. The watch is on its' way. I'll post some pix when I get it. Now I just need to find the dough for marriage couseling. A couple more watches and it's either that or my wife is going to send me to the psychiatrist!

Well...there you have it. Just goes to show how weak I am. The watch is on its' way. I'll post some pix when I get it. Now I just need to find the dough for marriage couseling. A couple more watches and it's either that or my wife is going to send me to the psychiatrist!

You bought a gen? :blink: Congratulations!!! I'm jealous. :wub: Did you go for the blue one?

I've been searching for the preowned ones at Ebay today. Most deals can be found at US...I'm glad I'm in EU and always have the possible customs issue. Makes impulse buys much more difficult.

You bought a gen? :blink: Congratulations!!! I'm jealous. :wub: Did you go for the blue one?

I've been searching for the preowned ones at Ebay today. Most deals can be found at US...I'm glad I'm in EU and always have the possible customs issue. Makes impulse buys much more difficult.

Yes...Blue! I am very excited. Ashford had it on sale for $1154 until midnight tonight so I rationalized. Buyer's remorse later...excitement now!!! Pre owned ones on the eBay go for $1000 or less all the time...but I've yet to see a blue one (pre owned).

Cool. Like I said I really am jealous. That's one of the best looking chronographs I know.

Post tons of pictures here in the TAG area when it arrives. And congrats again!!!

In 1985 I opened a magazine and saw a picture of the (Pre Tag) Heuer 2000 Chronograph.

I bought it 2 hours later. :wub:

The old band wore out long ago due to the pounding it got. I replaced it with a hidden hasp Hirsch president band that has an H on the clasp so it looks factory. It has never missed a beat.

I even have the box and the cardboard sleeve the box fits in.

I don't even mind that's it's "Quartz". B)

91608-28171.jpg

91608-28172.jpg

91608-28173.jpg

91608-28174.jpg

Edited by cpt390

Beautiful black Heuer. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Actually I wasn't aware that this model is so old. Your Heuer has very similar design with the new AR2000.

@ By-Thor

I realized after doing some reading that I bought it in 1984. 1985 is when Tag merged with Heuer and became Tag Heuer. Notice this one is not a "Tag"

Short history of Tag Heuer

Yes, I'm well aware of the TAG/Heuer history. Thanks for the link though, never seen that one before.

I do like some Tag Heuer designs a lot (Aquaracer, Monza, Monaco, Carrera chrono, F1).

At the same time I hate Kirium, 2000 and 6000 series.

Link's dial is great but the bracelet screws up the watch.

So in the end I find it hard to justify their prices.

Tag Heuer watches are not cheaper than Omega but its brand value is lower.

They use a lot of quartz.

Can anybody compare Omega's co-axial caliber with Tag Heuer's caliber 36?

Actually I have a 2000€ budget to buy a gen and was thinking of Omega but... still hesitating... How about Tudor, Oris, Tag Heuer... What woul you suggest.

Thanks for your help.

I bought the Link Calibre 36... great Zenith El Primero movement, although between the busy dial, lack of lume, and my own Tag stigma, I decided to let it go... Bought my PAM 091 instead. Here's a few shots:

92411-28017.jpg

92411-28018.jpg