When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Collaboration I... Sort Of

grebeck

I have read through some of the threads about the RGW 1 watch and understand that not all of them were delivered but as a noobie I know little else about the watch.

Perhaps some of you saw this offered in the "for sale" section, if not here is the Railmaster that I just purchased.

79050-30829.jpg

However, the back looks like this:

79050-30830.jpg

I'm not sure of the dealer it came from as I purchased it from a member. I figure somebody here might find this interesting.

Edited by grebeck

Hey I sold that watch to you! What is the signifigance of the RWG on the back? I looked at it and thought that there was no way it could be related to this board. Very curious.

I was curious too, actually more curious about the movement as the back reads ETA 2836. I cannot tell one movement from another however the dealers seem to be offering their Railmaster model with ETA 2824. This lead me to wondering why the watch was a limmited Ed and to the RWG initials.

With help from members from another board I found posts here that refer to a collaboration watch project.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...l=collaboration

oooooooooo read the threads, looks like there is a lot of anger regarding this particular project and a mystery manufacturer who did not deliver. What a drag. The fact that I ended up with this watch goes to show that somewhere in a marketplace in Guangzhou, there are RWG branded watches floating around that should have been delivered to fellow board members.

oooooooooo read the threads, looks like there is a lot of anger regarding this particular project and a mystery manufacturer who did not deliver. What a drag. The fact that I ended up with this watch goes to show that somewhere in a marketplace in Guangzhou, there are RWG branded watches floating around that should have been delivered to fellow board members.

Yeah, I sensed the bitterness from the old threads. So... did you get this from a dealer or another board member? The trail could lead back to the guy that took the money and ran.

It only tells how Blade really screwed members in the end, regardless of his excuse. I'm just surprised that that watch ended up with Omega logo on it. :blink:

oh, I posted my last response before reading this. So now my only question is who sells the proper caseback for the Railmaster?? :g:

It's a definite RWG tribute watch.......not sure about the movement.....it should have been a gold ETA 2836...with rotor engraved "RWG..Limited Edition"........but somebody should have that numer 100/065.....([censored] from elbow as usual)......scam of the century....!

Edited by TTK

I bought this watch about 2-3 months ago from a website called timeswiss.com. After seeing this thread, I emailed Henry, the webmaster and asked where it came from. He told me that he buys all of his watches in Guangzhou but is not involved with the manufacturing process. He told me that none of his other Railmaster models have RWG engraved on the back and that he had never noticed that before.

From what it looks like, the maker of the RWG railmaster may have started selling the different bits and pieces to other makers, such as the casebacks, dials etc. So this watch somehow ended up with an RWG caseback, but not the gold engraved movement that was supposed to come on the RWG tribute watch.

Somewhere in Guangzhou, there are RWG tribute watch parts being sold to various manufacturers I would assume. Tracking down the person who is selling the pieces is probably going to be damn near impossible. Henry from timeswiss.com volunteered to ask around since he is the one who shipped the watch to me originally.

Henry from timeswiss.com volunteered to ask around since he is the one who shipped the watch to me originally.

Thats cool, can Henry try and track down the standard caseback that comes with the Railmaster? :p

I've been comparing the movement to RM's from dealers and it matches dead on with Trusty's 2824-2, even the engraved "25 rubies Auto-Prince".

Edited by grebeck

Look I can't keep quite anymore..............Blade said he had all the rest of the watches with him.............true or false! <_<

Ken

Ken....

Funny how Blade's "Supplier" of the RWG watch has decided to mix the RWG casebacks with the omega railmaster.... Regardless if you like them or not, members need to take heed in what TTK and RONGOMS have said in the past. All seems fishy to me... :g:

This RWG Col I is like a Rocky movie series. It keeps coming back one way or another. At least, mine is still ticking even though it runs 2minutes faster after a while.

The Saga continues. Poor Gran. :mellow:

Can't really complain about the watch itself. I was one of the first 5 to get it last year. I love the watch and it's a favorite, but the whole "Saga" is just crazy in my opinion.......

Wow...I was supposed to receive # 25 of the bunch during the debacle...but, my case has been closed and settled amicably. Thanks to some great people here.

This is amazing. It looks to me as if the manufacturer probably created many case backs and other parts with the engravings or logos and probably wanted to get rid of what was left. Either that, or whoever has the rest of the watches that were never delivered is just creating frankenwatches and sending them out that way. Still this is a trip to see...and a dead giveaway for it's authenticity.

Can't really complain about the watch itself. I was one of the first 5 to get it last year. I love the watch and it's a favorite, but the whole "Saga" is just crazy in my opinion.......

I agree, I wear mine quite a bit. This is a very interesting turn of events. :g:

It surely is...

I wear mine quite often and happy with it. Actually, some people mistook it as IWC at a glance.

By the time we forget, it just resurfaces by unseen force. :g:

Should this be the sign of forth coming RWG Coll 2 with GMT? :crazy:

I accidentally clicked on rwg i link and somereason, I was never logged out at all! While back ago, I couldn't even log in. Is it safe over there? I see familiar faces being active there...

Edited by dosanim