When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

009 And 202a Pvd's Question

lfovco

I did search around, looked through the older posts but I would like to hear some more comments as far both models 009 PVD and 202A PVD from Davidsen. I'm looking to get one of them. Not sure which one yet.

How is the PVD coating on those models, does it come close to what genuine models are?

I'd like to hear some comments in general as far as the quality, crown guard, cronw etc.

From the pics I saw it looks like the crown guard's lever on the 009 is much closer to the genuine. The one on the 202 sticks out way too much.

In any case, I really appreciate any comments or reviews.

Thanks a lot

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend getting David's PVD. I have a 195 and a 009 from him. My 009 was his first run with the more desirable CG's. But i just ordered his 218a and he is sending me the new Cg's as well for my 2nd run 195 and 201a. I also got a much better patina on the PVD's by doing a very brief job with cape cod on the PVD. Looks much more closer to the grayish PVD of the gen. The pics are before I did this little mod.

Here are some pics of his watches. the 218 is on its way.

85728-29479.jpg

85728-29480.jpg

85728-29481.jpg

Eddy

Is the PVD holding up well?

Is it easily scratched?

:g:

Aside from the crown guard, which Davidsen needs to take back to the drawing board, that 009 looks excellent to me. Nice back, convincing aged tritium look, pretty dial, looks like real PVD to my untrained eye. Didn't know he had these...I will almost certainly pick one up if i can get a jimmyfzu guard and palp crown PVD'd to match at a reasonable price.

What lume should the 009 has..? Super lume or vintage lume..?

Anybody has a lume shot..??

Thanks in advance.

i did a lume shot of my pam26 - that is combined vintage and C3 lume - i think that is the same constallation on all the Pre-V dials that Davidsen provides, but i am not sure

85900-29463.jpg

David- I think this is the one they are talking about? 5218-218/A?

86063-29423.jpg

Quoted from 'risti...

5218-218/A 1996 Black Seal

Goodness knows what happened with the Black Seal, but it was only ever produced for a total of 5 pieces. Rightfully claiming the crown of "rarest Panerai", this watch is a fairly regular 44mm PVD Luminor case, with a black dial and small seconds. The movement was the regular UT 6497.

Edited by ubiquitous

David's pricing on these beauties is really quite amazing! The price I paid for his complete PVD'd watch was only slightly more than what the PVD job alone cost me on my old PAM001 from Jack.

yep, i was investigating what a PVD job on my RXW marina would cost, 400$ - and then i had to add the bead blasting aswell....and the destro was only 270$

Just paid for something!!! Just waiting for a push in the right direction by Davidsen... I haven't been this excited about a watch since I ordered my 091!!!

LOL is it a surprice package that you will recieve ???

Davidsen give me for 300$ mixed goods

Wow, glad to see so many people have had a great experience with their PVD's. I can't claim the same thing, but I won't comment on it too much because Davidsen is still trying to work it all out for me. I can say he has great customer service and responds to e-mails very quickly. I just wish I had a watch I could enjoy. :(

There are a few things I have noticed about the watches, the dials look great and though the PVD isn't perfect it is the best I have seen so far. My watch keeps great time, it looks very nice and the case back wasn't 100% correct, but still nice. The lume on the dial is ok, but the hands glow brightly (like the pictures). Some major flaws that probably won't be fixed are the lug size, they are too small and mine were drilled close to the case, so any quality thick straps won't fit on my watch and I can't even use tubes on the thin straps. Like I mentioned mine is still a work in progress, so we'll see how this all plays out and I won't comment on some of the other problems. ;)