When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PAM028 Power Reserve is back....

MADRED7

Dear All,

just want to show some dirty and quick pics of my PAM028 and the story behind:

The watch was bought some 3 years ago from the famous EL as a PAM027 (stainless steel version, plain dial).

I was allways in love with the same model in PVD cause I had that watch as a gen in 2001, sold it for a fortune but regret it ever since.

So I wanted to make the 027 a fine 028....I have the connection to a PVD company that did the original OP stuff from 1999-2000 and I had some pleasent project with them so far....only problem was the dial....the 028 needed a Paris-Hobnail dial (clous de Paris)....lucky me I "met" a member here online who wanted to go the other way around...he had the ss version but with the wrong hobnail dial.....mailing back and forth we decided to do a simple swap quickly....my dial was allready trimmed vintage with super-luminova-The Zigmeister-vintage-mixture....so both watches went to The Zigmeister and were disassembled .... my parts were sent back to me...I got them to the PVD company where it got the original PAM028 PVD color...and you have to know there are dozends of possible colors and shades for PVD...even OP did not manage to produce allways the same color outcome.

I got all parts back some 4 weeks later and off they were again to CAN ....at The Zigmeister

Glad to see the watch home and back in your hands and glad you like the results.

(watches were held at CAN customs :huh: )...but the evening I had signed both watches to bad depts I came home and they were sitting on the kitchen table.

Packages leaving Canada do not pass through Canada Customs, only packages arriving in Canada go through our customs.

The watch was delayed and held in German customs the country of delivery, but it's not unusual for Air Mail to take 30 days or more.

RG

awesome theo!!! I got my 27 with your dial earlier this week, thanks for swapping with me and I'm so stoked your 28 showed up. Now I'll have to finish my 28 pvd project too...yours looks amazing.

:victory: Dave

defintely my grail watch that I do not have in my collection (imagine that!)....the mods performed are amazing...

does your dial have the PR subdial recessed or not?

one day I'll have that one - just have to swap the dial on my 027 and PVD the case...

Beautiful watch - wear it well.

My 027 is just back from The Zigmeister with the same lume, gen crown, correct cyclops and I added a correct length sweep secs hand, with the lume dot further in from the end - this really does help make it look 100% correct. BTW, I just love your PVD.

Great watch! I too love that PVD.

Is that the original crown the EL watch came with? It looks excellent, IMHO.

One only remark: is it just the pic, or did you actually perform no mod on the DW+cyclops ensemble?

SOME ANSWERS:

- the package inside the package was sealed with CANADA-customs tape...so I thought it might have been sitting there...anyway now its here on my wrist

- I did not do any changes on datewheel (wanted Lello