When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubberclad ROO is here! thanks joshua!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dani that's exactly what I thought.

The black dial RC seems to have flat silver subdials while rep looks like it comes with shiny silver ones.

Here is a gen:

audemarspiguet25940SKooD001.jpg

audemarspiguet25940SKooD002.jpg

White dialed version seems to be closer but still subdials look a little bit off being a bit too dark:

Rep:

rubberroo012wg5.jpg

Gen:

AP_OSRO_rubss_whi.jpg

AP_OSRO_rubss_whi2.jpg

You are correct.

Also on the white dialed same flaw.

But nothing big i think as RL said can depend on lighting but as i see it and all photos i have seen of a watch in the owners hand it has greyish silver subdials and not so dark.

Cheers

Guest Sql_pl

Hmm it looks like the date aperture should also be black in white RC....

ap_ROOffShore6.jpg

It is so irritating that they did bother to take care of so many things to make it THAT close but still [censored] up (it is funny ou can swear when you're plat :) ) a thing that should be so easy to do right....

You guys know that I'll post some detailed pics when I get my black dial rubber ROO.

I can't wait! I might have to buy the steel bezel version too.

Hopefully by then, the Big Pilot will be out, too!

Reps & cars. Reps & cars & ladies. Reps & cars & ladies & wine. Reps & cars & ladies & wine & hifi audio. Reps & cars & ladies & wine & hifi audio & Leica cameras... ARRRRGH!!!! MADNESS!!!! :crazy:

Newer model (I think starting with the "F" series) Rubberclads with the in-house movement (3126) have a black date window surround.

I am speculating that the AR on the datewindow also started with the G-series ROOs.

The latest Rubberclads appear to still use the AP caliber 2326, although the 3126 will follow. Maybe towards the end of the G series or perhaps in the H series. I believe the AR coating on the cyclops began sometime in the F series, not G.

The datewheel surround is supposed to be black on the Rubberclad and silver on the White dialed SS bezel. The one you showed above with a silver surround is of a SS bezel piece.

Don't believe me? Search for real pictures of the White Rubberclad, and they all have a black surround.

Edited by thomasng

So either color window works then.

rubberclad.jpg

The datewheel surround is supposed to be black on the Rubberclad and silver on the White dialed SS bezel. The one you showed above with a silver surround is of a SS bezel piece.

Don't believe me? Search for real pictures of the White Rubberclad, and they all have a black surround.

Is this not a gen white rubberclad with a silver date surround???????????????

Is this not a gen white rubberclad with a silver date surround???????????????

Yes it is, but I have never seen a actual "real piece" in ADs, etc. of one with a white surround. The picture above is of a catalogue picture, which may differ in actual production.

Guest Sql_pl

All I know is that you cannot get a spare rubber for a bracelet model as of now...

A shame really as I thought about getting a black themes and putting it on a rubber strap...

Guys

Don't know if anyone has noticed this... The font of the numbers in the subdials for the rubber clad is different from the gen rubber clad.

The gen rubber clad subdial numbers font looks thinner and the numbers look more rounded. This is not so for the rubber clad rep.

The rep's font looks more like the subdial font used in the SS version. Have a look and make a comparison in the pics posted earlier in this thread.

My take, SS is more accurate for now