When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black & White

By-Tor

Is the black and white bezel boring for the GMT? Decided to try it and it ain't that bad... especially for a guy like me, who doesn't own a Submariner. :)

1a_s.jpg

Click for 1024x size:

th_24677_1a_122_144lo.jpg

@ By-Tor

Your insert is a way better than mine from Cousinsuk....is yours gen? :huh:

No, but I can't tell it from a gen. There was a Ebay seller LUXURYDEALS who was selling brilliant, brilliant GMT inserts for $10. But now he has disappeared. Fortunately I managed to buy all three inserts. They're very glossy and high quality... they even have the Sans Serif font.

Here's the Pepsi insert installed.

5.jpg

It's a Hirsch Carbon Fiber Strap. You can find it almost on every online store.

Example

Mine had white stitching, but I turned them red :D

Like this one for example

Img1720.jpg

Img1717.jpg

BE AWARE that those are for Panerai. Too big. -_-

I didn't found 20 mm with red stitching....

So I did it by myself and turned the white into red. It's quite easy! ;)

P.S. It's waterproof 100 m!

If I were getting a black GMT, it'd have to be Ceramic, which is weird as a couple of years ago, I'd have said the Pepsi is wrong and black is the way to go. Today, I'd go Pepsi for non-ceramic.

Well... Pepsi is the only correct choice for the GMT, imho. It's just fun to swap the bezels every now and then, it changes the watch quite dramatically.

I can safely say that all-black is my least favorite combo. No matter what watch it is, I always like crispy colors. For modern GMT the red/black ain't too shabby, either... sometimes I wear this one for weeks.

6.jpg

I remember all the long posts where you asked to VOTE for the preferred combo ... and you were surprised when majority of the members voted for the black! It is classy, sporty and even if black I would say that the insert is totally different from that of the sub and so the overall feeling of the watch! I know that you prefer the red/ blue and black/ red, but being such a GMT lover no doubt that you would have looked at the black with a loving eye ;)

One question: you say you swap the insert, but you mean you swap the bezel, is it true? Otherwise I would mind that the insert can be damaged ... :huh:

I remember all the long posts where you asked to VOTE for the preferred combo ... and you were surprised when majority of the members voted for the black! It is classy, sporty and even if black I would say that the insert is totally different from that of the sub and so the overall feeling of the watch! I know that you prefer the red/ blue and black/ red, but being such a GMT lover no doubt that you would have looked at the black with a loving eye ;)

One question: you say you swap the insert, but you mean you swap the bezel, is it true? Otherwise I would mind that the insert can be damaged ... :huh:

i believe BK (and forgive me if im wrong) sells the "transformer" with snap off snap on bezel with the multi combinations.