When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time To Kill still around?

gran

Thank you :)

Always wanted to try those RC planes......sounds like a great hobby and yes its hard to beleibve that its cheaper...but at least it keeps you more outdoors meeting "real" people

sounds like TTK...he is so proud :rolleyes: will [censored] but cant receive it.... 8)

They have alot of RTF - ready to fly planes - i bought 2 inexpensive ones, for 60 $ each, the megatech avion and avion IO

thats including remote, battery everything, open the box, charge it up, go flying

i have another one on the way - which has 3 way controls instead of 2 channels

All of these are "indoor/ outdoor" flyers, or micro planes - my avion has a wingspan 7 inches and the AVion IO and my new cessna 201 -- 15 inches

based on all my research this cessna is best bang for the buck - retails for 120ish i bought it from this guy on a forum that buys parts and refurbs planes - seems to be well liked - anyway got it for 70$ shipped - everything included as new and new batteries.

here is the plane

http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Default.asp...archTerm=cessna

here is the forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-electric-...-airplanes-489/

here is a video

here is a video that i would love to get to :)

- these are only $250 bucks, ready to fly with remote and everything! see how its cheaper :) - these are just bad ass

@Pho...

You don't stand a chance with keeping it cheap...

It won't be long before your up to these...

yeah, those are like 5 grand ! and you have to really know how to fly!

the cool thing about the planes that i got is with the 14 inch wingspan i can just go out in the front of the house and fly it around, don't have to load up go to a park ect ect.

Most difficult thing i got going on is making sure i get to the crashed plane before the kid does !!

yeah, those are like 5 grand ! and you have to really know how to fly!

the cool thing about the planes that i got is with the 14 inch wingspan i can just go out in the front of the house and fly it around, don't have to load up go to a park ect ect.

Most difficult thing i got going on is making sure i get to the crashed plane before the kid does !!

Excellent to be able to enjoy your hobby at the front of the house.....makes it possible to run into the house and check new posts at RWG while enjoying your new hobby :) but obviusly you will eventually want to take the next step up to jets or even rockets :p funny thing I was into small rockets for a short while some 24 year back when I lived in Houston...I loved to spend time at NASA and I still love space related stuff

Gran...

If you'd like your old user name back shoot me a PM...

:)

TT

Thank you very much TT :good: ....would be an honour to have my good old name back :wub:

Happy days are here again

Gunnar :drinks:

Welcome back Gran!

Would really love to see that avatar in full size... or even better in lifesize on GGGs ;)

As for Neil... I like him... he's good... although he can be nasty, he's a man of his word. I miss his posts and photography :(

It sure is a great avatar friend :wub: ......sure loved that GGG thread initiated by goof old moderator Thor ;)

g. :)

For all the members coming from old RWG1 Gran and Neil himself are .... assets!

No wonder Gran is wondering why TTK doesn't post again here. Many of us are members at RG as well but ... this place is different. I am not a top poster, I have a little time to post even if I would like to do it much more and more frequently. Let me say welcome back Gran!

And .... why don't we give another chance to TTK? Admin? :irvine:

Yes why not let Neil have another try :) its not like people do not know that he has a tendency to be a little cranky..... :rolleyes:

Let's not. Neil is an extremely arrogant and abusive individual. The whole tone of this forum has improved immeasurably since he was banned. He was banned for threats to the Admin. He does not deserve to be given 'the benefit of the doubt' or any 'second chances'. I don't care how high his IQ is, anyone of reasonable intellect should know that polite behaviour does not involve abusive or threatening behaviour.

If people want to talk to, or do business, with Neil, he is freely available on RG. I hope he is never allowed back on this forum, and, I promise this here and now, if he ever is, I will never contribute another cent towards the upkeep of this forum.

Hambone and I rarely (if ever) see eye to eye, but he summed Neil up perfectly.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Let's not. Neil is an extremely arrogant and abusive individual. The whole tone of this forum has improved immeasurably since he was banned. He was banned for threats to the Admin. He does not deserve to be given 'the benefit of the doubt' or any 'second chances'. I don't care how high his IQ is, anyone of reasonable intellect should know that polite behaviour does not involve abusive or threatening behaviour.

If people want to talk to, or do business, with Neil, he is freely available on RG. I hope he is never allowed back on this forum, and, I promise this here and now, if he ever is, I will never contribute another cent towards the upkeep of this forum.

Hambone and I rarely (if ever) see eye to eye, but he summed Neil up perfectly.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Strong words TeeJay :( One thing we completely agree on and that is that neil can be extremely arrogant :)

Strong words TeeJay :( One thing we completely agree on and that is that neil can be extremely arrogant :)

Strong words maybe, but all of them true. I admit, yes, Neil could be extremely witty at time, but, his other anti-social behaviour, not just towards Admin, but towards other board members, was simply unacceptable, and went way beyond the bounds of acceptable behaviour. I moderated a forum a while back, and, had Neil been behaving like that on 'my' forum, he would have been banned long ago. He was given more than enough 'leeway', and when people behave like he did, then Admin had no choice but to ban him.

Sometimes, turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder (and I feel this would be the case if he was allowed back)

As I said above, if people want to talk to, or do business, with Neil, he is freely available on RG. There is no need for him to have a presence here.

On another note, welcome back :)

Excellent to be able to enjoy your hobby at the front of the house.....makes it possible to run into the house and check new posts at RWG while enjoying your new hobby :) but obviusly you will eventually want to take the next step up to jets or even rockets :p funny thing I was into small rockets for a short while some 24 year back when I lived in Houston...I loved to spend time at NASA and I still love space related stuff

I was a space camp counselor one summer in titusville - saw a few launches got the VIP tour of kennedy - which was really cool - got to go inside the VAB and saw the launch center, got to walk near the launch pads, but there were 2 shuttles on them at the time so we didn't get to go in the flame trench - also got to go inside the bunker where they launched the mercury redstones - holy crap no technology - were talking reel to reels and a big red button that said launch and it was really close to the rocket pad itself - crazy stuff. Lots of fun though, and i'm filled with useless knowledge about the space program.

last time i did RC cars and rockets was 20 yrs ago - they have come a LONG way since then, at least the planes - they still actually sell the model of RC car i had - the frog

Welcome back, Gran.

JFYI, it is 1 year exactly these days that I am waiting for 700+ $ watches from Neil, and he does not even care to answer questions about them.