When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbelievably Accurate Solid 18k Muller Casablanca

archibald

650 pounds is about right for the base version (1249 USD, incl. EMS) w/ the 2824. Rose gold is +$135 and the custom decorated 2892's are +$315.

315$ more for 2892 :bangin:

please let me see this decoration, that worth +315$

please pics

Edited by tourbillon1801

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, after getting a tracking number from eddie on Friday, I finally got around to writing a post letting everyone know that the 2824 versions have shipped. About two seconds after I started typing, the doorbell rang, and sure enough...a little EMS package arrived just in time for a little review and some quick wrist shots...

But before I forget, a 2892 update: as most of the 2892 buyers already know, the 2892's are being custom decorated to order, not simply removed from Conquistador reps, and are awaiting one decorated part, after which they will ship immediately.

The Deal:

Shipping was delayed on the "buying" end--some last minute cold feet and painfully slow registered mail to Canada--but as anyone who's ordered from eddie might expect, the deal went w/o a hitch on his end. Communication was excellent, the watch was well packaged, and the shipping lightning fast (He actually shipped before he had received payment from all the buyers). At $650 off the single unit price, an amazing bargain.

The Watch:

115320-22916.jpg

The bottom line:

This watch is even better than I expected, hands down the best rep I've ever owned both in terms of accuracy and quality. The PAM 36 and my heavily modded LV are in the same ball park, but out of the 30 different models of reps I've owned, this one is the only one I would wear into an AD without giving it a second thought.

The Good:

The first thing that struck me when I opened it and put it on was it's weight--it's not a big watch, just shy of 40mm in length, but the gold makes a bigger difference in feel than I expected--I had done the math to be sure, and have tried on many solid gold watches, but switching back and forth between my rose gold plated SS Crazy Hours and this one, the difference in feel between plated and solid gold is much more noticeable than I thought it would be.

The fit and finish on the watch is as good as reps get--the crown is beautifully "cut" and polished, the logo is perfectly crisp, it pulls out firmly into both positions and is of course ETA smooth both setting and winding. The crystal looks perfectly seated, the rehaut is mirror polished (unlike many SS and plated Muller reps) and I can't imagine that the OEM caseback fits any better than the rep's does. In eddie's pictures the caseback engraving looks slightly less crisp than the gen, and this might be noticeable in person side by side w/ a gen, but it's not noticeable with the naked eye w/o a side by side, which was a pleasant surprise.

115320-22917.jpg

The hands were my biggest fear while I was waiting for the watch--but they look absolutely great in person. I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between blued and enameled, but compared to my other blue rep hands, I'd bet they're blued--the important thing is that I don't think anyone would be able to tell them apart from gen hands even side by side. As you can see from the pics, they're a nice dark, shiny blue, a far cry from the electric "finger-paint" blue that plagues nearly all Muller reps.

The best part about the watch is the dial. I was going to put on an OEM dial, but I don't think I'm going to bother w/ the time and expense--as you can see in the big pic attached below, side by side w/ an OEM Long Island dial, there is almost no difference in either the printing or the sunburst pattern between rep and real.

The strap, genuine croc, is probably better than 99% of the rep straps out there and certainly on a par w/ mid level aftermarket croc straps, but not as good as OEM or HM-Watchband straps, one of which will shortly replace this one. I'll probably sell the rep strap w/ my plated Crazy hours, so at least someone is going to get a good deal on a "Muller" marked genuine croc strap.

The Bad:

Guess who just left the house wearing my new watch....

I believe all models except for 2824 rose gold are still available...but eddie tells me the group buy price won't be available for very much longer on his supplier's end. Feel free to PM me for more details.

man, this is a great looking watch... the dial is amazing.. love the color and finish...i never really cared for Muellers but MAN this one is workin' on me... God, I hate it when this happens!!!

Guest eddielee11

final count

2 white

1 blk avaialble

in 2824 eta

or fm decorated movt

decorated movt

fm 2892 movt---genuine 2892...not china 2892 movt.

this is it folks...no more this version avialble for 2892....

this is the one time deal for decorated movt.

115386-22898.jpg

115386-22899.jpg

115386-22900.jpg

115386-22901.jpg

115386-22902.jpg

I believe it does. I tried to get EL to put one in but he said no. How much more could Platinum cost? :bangin:

well......i bought my wife a platinum/diamond ring from tiffanys......$6600.....same ring with same diamonds in gold..cost $4200......think how much more gold cost than steel.....then platinum costs that much more than gold! try the math :black_eye: probably cost more than the watch for a platinum rotor!

well......i bought my wife a platinum/diamond ring from tiffanys......$6600.....same ring with same diamonds in gold..cost $4200......think how much more gold cost than steel.....then platinum costs that much more than gold! try the math :black_eye: probably cost more than the watch for a platinum rotor!

I was totally joking. I didn't think for a second it was even an option. Just having some fun. :D

Cheers,

CM

Um, the $315 includes the price for a 2892. The difference between a 2892 and a 2824 is how much?

how much is the difference between a 2892 and 2824???

let me know Pug :bleh:

i sell both movements in my shop, both movements are genuine SWISS MADE from ETA factory in Switzerland

2824-2 cost 90$ and (decorated) 2892-A2 cost 180$

2892-A2 ist much more better quality, but not +315$?????????????

i have +90$ difference between 2824-2 and decorated 2892-A2

i sell both movements in my shop, both movements are genuine SWISS MADE from ETA factory in Switzerland

2824-2 cost 90$ and (decorated) 2892-A2 cost 180$

2892-A2 ist much more better quality, but not +315$?????????????

i have +90$ difference between 2824-2 and decorated 2892-A2

So you'll sell me a 2892-A2 decorated exactly like the one in the muller for $180? Just say the word and I'll paypal for 2 immediately. What's the lag time? Also, can you source the hands identical to the muller casablanca hands you were complaining about, in high quality blued steel? If so, I'll take 10 sets. What? Can't do either? Seems to me that eddie's ability to offer actual goods instead of just talking out of his ass might be worth $165, don't you think?

BTW, there's no price listed in your solid 18k case offer....can you tell us in this thread how much those 55g cases cost?

So you'll sell me a 2892-A2 decorated exactly like the one in the muller for $180? Just say the word and I'll paypal for 2 immediately. What's the lag time? Also, can you source the hands identical to the muller casablanca hands you were complaining about, in high quality blued steel? If so, I'll take 10 sets. What? Can't do either? Seems to me that eddie's ability to offer actual goods instead of just talking out of his ass might be worth $165, don't you think?

BTW, there's no price listed in your solid 18k case offer....can you tell us in this thread how much those 55g cases cost?

archibald

if you like it... pay +315$ more for 2892

that is your problem not my problem

my 185$ eta 2892-A2 is same decorated (blue screws and cotes de geneve), but without frank muller writing

i have not listed on rwg, but look my eta 2893-2 gmt movement...looks similar and cost not +315$

the retail price of my 2892-A2 is 299$, but i sell it for rwg friends for 185$

but i am not interesting in business with you...

LOL! In other words, you can't supply the the movement (which you sell undecorated for $15 less than eddie). How about those hands...you can get us better ones for the Muller, right? No? Didn't think so.

Tourby baby, I'm dying to do business with some guy who makes posts dissing other dealers' products, especially products he can't get and who's prices he couldn't beat even if he could get them...and who doesn't follow forum rules listing prices on his own offers.

BTW..you didn't edit the price out of your 18k case offer and then come over to talk [censored] in this thread because that empty generic case of yours costs more than eddie's entire watch, w/ an ETA movement and croc strap, did you?

LOL! In other words, you can't supply the the movement (which you sell undecorated for $15 less than eddie). How about those hands...you can get us better ones for the Muller, right? No? Didn't think so.

Tourby baby, I'm dying to do business with some guy who makes posts dissing other dealers' products, especially products he can't get and who's prices he couldn't beat even if he could get them...and who doesn't follow forum rules listing prices on his own offers.

BTW..you didn't edit the price out of your 18k case offer and then come over to talk [censored] in this thread because that empty generic case of yours costs more than eddie's entire watch, w/ an ETA movement and croc strap, did you?

1. i am not interested to sell genuine blue steel frank muller hands set. If i order these hands sets from swiss, i must order 50-100 pieces and can´t do single order. And i can´t sell 100 hands sets, because nobody is interesting in these items (maybe 3-4 rwg user).

2. yes my 18k gold case are more expensive like your whole watch. But my item is SWISS MADE and not made in asia. Same case is used from brand name like chronoswiss and benzinger watches (and this watches cost 10.000$)!!!!! This is big difference. All people know, that products from SWISS are more expensive than products from china. I can´t sell SWISS MADE products for china price, sorry... BTW, how much weights franck muller 18k case? without movement, strap, crown, rings and screws... ONLY case??? is it 55g 18k gold?

also i never criticize this watch. Please read my statemants. THIS IS A GREAT WATCH WITH A GREAT PRICE. I LIKE THIS WATCH SO MUCH AND I CONGRATULATE ALL BUYERS OF THIS WATCH... only the hands set are not genuine blue steel and the added price for eta 2892 (+315$) is to much

3. i sold many eta 2892-A2 movements and have now 2 on stock (October/November i get new 50 pieces from Swiss and will sell it also here on rwg). I sold last time over 25 eta 2892-A2 movements on ebay. Look my feedbacks.

also my eta 2892-A2 are not UNDECORATED... the are decorated similar like franck muller movement in your watch. Look my eta 2893-2... they are same design.

4. my movement cost NOT +15$ less than... my movement cost 130$ less... and please not forget the 2824-2 movement in "standard" franck muller watch. You NOT pay +315$ for 2892 movement... you pay for eta 2824-2 and + 315$... that is much more.

eddie (great person, great dealer) can get asia products for best price, because he lives in asia... and i can get swiss products for best price, because i lives in swiss/germany.

Edited by tourbillon1801

• 1 month later...
What is the price for the white dial with decorated movm? Thanks

It won't be at group buy price, but send a message to EL. I remember Archibald saying this is a saving of $650 so add that on to the group buy price and that could be a rough estimate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...