When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Master ll Ceramic Eyecandy.

Master Chief

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wtf?

I had a feeling the insert was going to be made from hard glossy plastic. I hope this isnt the case, but if it is, then i think im going to cross it off my list of watches to buy this year...

looks like it could be acrylic, the problem being that it will be even less durable than the traditional anodised aluminium bezel. It should be pretty easy to confirm if it is ceramic or not by tapping the surface with something metal.

I love natural light as well. All of my pictorials are done without a light tent, never with flash, and only with diffused natural light from the early morning hours. Here are a few examples:

UN12r.jpg

Those are very nice pictures!! natural light sure makes a big differrence.. morning light is more "white" in color that evening light. I think morning is about 5000k (light temperature) and late afternoon / evening light is more amber at 3600k (correct me if im wring). I find that anytime up to about 3pm is best depending on the look you are going for.

Yes, the morning is much whiter and that is why I like it so much. To me watches look best "cold". Anyway, I just realized I posted these in response to someone who posted GMT natural light photos and while these are in respose to that they are not GMT so I guess I kind of hikacked here, sorry. But anyway, natural light rules!

Those are very nice pictures!! natural light sure makes a big differrence.. morning light is more "white" in color that evening light. I think morning is about 5000k (light temperature) and late afternoon / evening light is more amber at 3600k (correct me if im wring). I find that anytime up to about 3pm is best depending on the look you are going for.

Just for the record Freddy:

My CHS GMT is dead. Well... it keeps running in COSC standards too, but the hour hand gear is worn out and the hour hand doesn't move.

Other than that, great rep... I love the correct hand stack. Too bad it can't perform the simplest of task... showing time. :D

My CHS GMT is dead. Well... it keeps running in COSC standards too, but the hour hand gear is worn out and the hour hand doesn't move.

Other than that, great rep... I love the correct hand stack. Too bad it can't perform the simplest of task... showing time. :D

Mine is showing time, just do not know on which planet..

People would pay alot for a good CHS movement. why cant they rep one?

Probably because people are willing to buy these reps with POS movements for $400. They sold all of them like hotcakes. So why would they give a poop? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that. When did the hour hand die & have you contacted the seller about repair/replacement?

Sorry to hear that. When did the hour hand die & have you contacted the seller about repair/replacement?

Thanks Freddy.

Naah... it's not the seller's fault. The seller doesn't want to sell these movements, but I insisted him to find me one, and I knew the risks. Not his fault... buying watches with this movement is complete Russian Roulette.

The hour hand was not in sync since the beginning, and I thought it could be fixed with the "rolling over the dial" trick. Well it worked for a while, but then it just simply stopped moving at all. The gear probably worn out completely.

I still have my old ExpII which works great, but I won't touch the independent hour hand adjustment and keep my fingers crossed. This movement is simply dreadful... and I'm going to swap a wrong hand stack movement into my GMT eventually. No big deal, it's just a rep.

If I decide to get the ceramic version, I will definitely go for the WHS movement.