When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My OffShore is here!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Today I got a parcel.

As some of you know when ordering my ROO I was torn between an all SS black Themes or Rubberclad with white dial.

I even made a poll about that.

In the end I decided to get a ss case, ss bezel black themes with rubber strap from Angus.

Well... today it arrived.

The thing is it looks like we had a misunderstanding with ANgus because this is what I got:

93286956lm7.jpg

:) A black dialed Rubberclad. A version that I never liked but have to say that I really like it now that it is here. I am now deciding if I should keep it or not but keeping it seems better idea that shipping it back to CN.

So anyway here are some pics:

95204469kb1.jpg

58853539ej9.jpg

98773431gy3.jpg

And some wristshots:

20661810sf6.jpg

65883936el3.jpg

31254514fy0.jpg

61691007tg3.jpg

98422020ds7.jpg

10zc6.jpg

11kb9.jpg

12zh9.jpg

Thanks!

Guest Sql_pl

Ok now that I have some time I would like to add some input.

So after a day with I think I like it enough to keep it. It is not exactly what I wanted but it is OK... and I also have a Skyland on the way so I still have something to be looking forward to :)

I have to say the quality is amazing.

I have read somewhere that the MBWs where better finished - no way.

I had an mbw and this one seems to be superior in every way.

The black rubberclad that I got also seems to be the closest of all the sec at 12 ROO reps available now.

The only flaw that's noticeable is that the subdials should be a little bit less shiny but it actually looks worse in the pics than in real life. Another one is that the crown is a bit too high but there i nothing you can do about it as the movement is a 7750 here. For extremely anal guys I can also add that the clasp should be engraved deeper - now it looks like it was laser etched or something.

The dial is beautifully finished and it has great (at least for rep standards) lume on markers and hands - the lume that is visible when you enter the building even during the day after having it on outside.

It has all the correct markings and "swiss made" that was not available in later MBWs.

The crown is nicely brushed which is also correct vs the incorrect polished one that was in mbw.

One more thing that people never mentioned here is that in this sec at 12 the pushers are not sticking out as much as they do in MBW - this is also an improvement - in the mbw they were too far out.

The caseback engravings are better in this version too. MBWs had them bolder and with a bit different font - this was correct for pre-themes models but MBW used this caseback in all their dial variations.

I am also impressed with strap endlinks that are REALLY well finished. You need to see them to really appreciate it.

Rubber strap and bezel are of great quality but I am afraid rubber may get scratched overtime so I hope replacements will be available.

My watch is an Angus-Marker-Date-Surround model but it looks great - definately better than with silver aperture. Only in direct sunlight and upon close inspection you can see it was made with marker as it shows that marker-ish purple color instead of clear black.

So far the watch keeps great time, will update you if anything goes wrong :)

Good choice, it's a great looking watch.

If I could take a step back I'd order your watch as well. I have the SS in white/grey and have brown discoloration on the dial.

I asked one of the dealers about rubber straps and end links and was told it would be available in future.

Edited by ecsm

Rubber strap and bezel are of great quality but I am afraid rubber may get scratched overtime so I hope replacements will be available.

I just got mine on Friday. And this was my only major problem with the watch.

After only wearing it for a day the rubberized coating on the bezel started pealing off. Beneath it looks to be hard plastic or some type of ceramic, either way it is still black. I will try to get some good pictures of it tomorrow.

• 3 months later...