When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai spring bars

swdivad

DAMN!!! My 196 seems to have a stripped lug thread...

Does anyone here use spring bars in their Panerai watch? I hate to, but seems like the safest option...

Where would I get such animals? Preferably if they are thick and better even if they look like screws :)

Thanks!

Guys, I have, or can access, up to 2.5mm dia, and to fit 26mm gap, "Fat" spring bars.

Seiko use 2mm , and 2.2mm, up to 24mm gap, which I have in stock, and my supply guy in Brisbane has, I beleive, the 2.5's to 26mm.

Let me know what you need, and we can probably sort it!

Offshore

Edit to add, just saw those photos of the ones River has...will do some research.

I've got them in on a few of my PAM's, they really are awesome and save a lot of hassle and grief. I got my first sets from River very quick and easy , also DSN has started to send them out. Rivers have the screw head in place and are pretty thick. You really can't tell the difference once they are in

ST4

The other potential fix is to pick-up some aircraft epoxy and a new threaded strap bar. You can pour in the epoxy, screw in the strap bar. let it dry for a bit and then unscrew. Don't ask me which epoxy it is as Ziggy has done it for me. But I have to say it has held strong for 3 years on a couple of watches.

I've got them in on a few of my PAM's, they really are awesome and save a lot of hassle and grief. I got my first sets from River very quick and easy , also DSN has started to send them out. Rivers have the screw head in place and are pretty thick. You really can't tell the difference once they are in

ST4

+1 to the above... have them in all my pams except one... really need to locate another set for that last watch. I've been lucky with mine, haven't had any issues with explosions as Old Skool mentioned.

Makes strap changes a breeze.

If you put them into a PVD pam, just color the end with a sharpie... lasts several weeks and is a fairly close match.... put them into a Ti and the color match is close enough "stock" that they don't stick out.

Well, received my springbars today from River. I have a Pam 253 and couldnt get the rubber strap on it with the screws. I was concerned about thread stripping if the screw didnt line up perfectly and gave up after some advice from a member on here. Anyway, with these springbars it goes on a doddle. absolutely fantastic bit of kit. Changing will be a breeze as well, well recommened, toss them screws in the bin lads and lasses, they are from the dark ages !!

Stuart

Springbars are awesome :) They make strap changes easy, and, even if a lug has stripped, it doesn't matter, as the spring bar will still work :good:

I have only had one bar 'explode', and that was more a case of I pulled the end out myself, as, I'd put them in my 26mm dive strap, then found it nearly impossible to remove. 24mm dive strap doesn't have the same problem, but, with the 26mm, I'd recommend ordering a seperate set just for that strap, to be considered as a permanant modification to the strap, rather than a removeable and interchangeable springbar.

Okay, so they won't work with an SS bracelet, but, with everything else, it's green lights all the way B):good: