When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If they built it would you buy....

tenacious_b

Would you buy the following?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rolex Milgaus on same case as GMTIIC?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Omega 42mm Planet Ocean with all issues corrected?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller

• Yes.
    • No.

Only one of those which I see as being realistic to expect anytime soon is the Deep Sea Sea Dweller... I'm guessing the PO is past it's repping "prime" time. And I'm sure the Milgaus will have a few generations of rep done, but it doesn't strike me as having the following of many of the other Rollie watches... but as with many things, I could be wrong.

Who buys a rep of a 50k Brequet..?

the Marine big date is priced in the 10+K$ range...ALS in the 20K$range...(I wasn't speaking of the waatches from the mentioned brands that have complications - and those are priced 50+k$)

and you have amazing looking new reps...

People go on and on bitching about PAMs, Omegas, Rolex, Breitling...when will they fix this, when will they fix that...keep in mind that we are dealing with reps and there will always be flaws...and we have X rolex models, you have an outsanding UPO already...

Only one of those which I see as being realistic to expect anytime soon is the Deep Sea Sea Dweller... I'm guessing the PO is past it's repping "prime" time. And I'm sure the Milgaus will have a few generations of rep done, but it doesn't strike me as having the following of many of the other Rollie watches... but as with many things, I could be wrong.

I think that's a very rational and probable assessment all round.

GMT IIc is noob factory i believe.

I think we'll see a Deep sea outta this factory within the next few months.. As soon as they can get one, I'm sure they'll tear it down and begin the copying process. You can already get crap versions but i'm sure they'll make a 1:1 version as soon as possible. I will buy one for sure... and the GMTIIc is still on my short list.

the Marine big date is priced in the 10+K$ range...ALS in the 20K$range...(I wasn't speaking of the waatches from the mentioned brands that have complications - and those are priced 50+k$)

and you have amazing looking new reps...

People go on and on bitching about PAMs, Omegas, Rolex, Breitling...when will they fix this, when will they fix that...keep in mind that we are dealing with reps and there will always be flaws...and we have X rolex models, you have an outsanding UPO already...

Dadog, I think you and I have very similar tastes. First that Vostok, and now the Marine Big Date. I've been asking for a rep of this for about a year, ever since Angus posted something and asked if there would be any interest in purchasing a rep of it. Unfortunately, I've yet to see any indication that any Breguets are coming.