When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For the Kindness of Others...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

There you go... Thank you P4!!!

I just noticed that this watch even has the faintest of etched crowns on the crystal. Im talking NOOB quality that is barely visible!

"A picture say's a thousand words"..

Even without the story behind the little guy's timepiece ... that shot is, in and of itself ..."priceless".... but the heartwarming story behind it jus made my weekend ... up until this read and view.. it had been everyone in my business' nightmare..

so I thank you and your Son .... and of course the gentlemen that made this all posiible ..

It really is true that this community can make the "World" ..... Right !!

Guest carlsbadrolex
T.--It is nice to see that you were treated the way you treat people.

This makes me want to put a watch for my first born that is due on December 9th!

J, let Uncle T put some funds in the jar for that one! Order one from Narikaa and I will send you 1/2. If its the same cute little watch as this one, its nice!

For those that dont know it, JJFESQ is not only on CBR's approved Platty list... He is pretty darn close to the top! I CANT WAIT to meet him next week!

T

There seem to be a lot more GTG in the Westcoast than the east coast. Maybe i should move to the west coast, if i can afford the housing cost there.

I am sending email to Narikaa to buy one for my son. Do Rolex made these mini-sub? or are these only existed in the replica word?

What a great story of generosity and human emotion; heart-warming indeed

CBR, your son must be on cloud nine and as lani has pointed out the wrist shot is awesome. I received a small wrist watch from my grandfather when I was 5. I rolled up the sleeve on my left arm so that everyone could see. I have been smitten ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

T,

Just reading this thread has warmed my heart considerably. It is nice to hear this story and see that amazing photo. I am sure that if you ask this fellow where he got the watch, he will most likely tell you. Alan's comment was priceless.

Maxlove

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well since he finally made his way over here... I will say openly that it WAS MaxLove and his son Max that gave me the incredible Mini-Sub at the last SoCal G2G.

I was just telling ML this evening that I bought a small Pelican case for Alans little Mini-Sub. Whenever he sees me putting on a watch he demands to see his (even if he isnt going to wear it that day). But on a few occasions, he has come in to my office and pulled his case from its shelf and he starts dragging it around trying to get someone to open it for him.

He knows exactly which case is his, but cant muster the strength needed to get it open. Its funny to watch, and maybe next time I see him doing it I will shoot a little video.

Thanks again ML, your a dear friend and a valued asset to ANY community. I also wish you would spend some more time over here.

And on another note, ML is having some FrankenJust issues. He has a gen case with 2836 and he has started snapping stems (SOUND FAMILIAR???)

What can we do to help him out?

Well since he finally made his way over here... I will say openly that it WAS MaxLove and his son Max that gave me the incredible Mini-Sub at the last SoCal G2G.

I was just telling ML this evening that I bought a small Pelican case for Alans little Mini-Sub. Whenever he sees me putting on a watch he demands to see his (even if he isnt going to wear it that day). But on a few occasions, he has come in to my office and pulled his case from its shelf and he starts dragging it around trying to get someone to open it for him.

He knows exactly which case is his, but cant muster the strength needed to get it open. Its funny to watch, and maybe next time I see him doing it I will shoot a little video.

Thanks again ML, your a dear friend and a valued asset to ANY community. I also wish you would spend some more time over here.

And on another note, ML is having some FrankenJust issues. He has a gen case with 2836 and he has started snapping stems (SOUND FAMILIAR???)

What can we do to help him out?

He needs a stilty spacer ring.

This watch was made to be on Alan's wrist and hopefully, it will get passed along after some time. Perhaps T, you will meet a woman who cannot wait to be an amazing stepmother to your 4 little ones and you may have another. In fact, I insist! That way it is kept in the family. I have printed out the picture for my office. I couldn't feel any better about the timing of the G2G as most things in life happen for a reason and it would seem that young Alan is a damn good reason. I can't wait to see the video of him cracking that Pelican case. I am so pleased that this was the right place at the right time for this to be passed on.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Here are a couple more pics from Alans first trip to the park with his newly acquired Rolex. OH THE QUESTIONS I HAD TO ANSWER about why my 3 year old son was wearing such an expensive watch.

I simply said to one overly interested father, "Well isnt he worth it?"

And NO he is not 1/2 Asian (ALTHOUGH GIVEN MY LOVE FOR ASIAN LADIES, THIS WOULD BE NICE ALSO)... The flash was bothering his eyes!!!!!

08162008094qc9.jpg

w2592.png

08162008096ie2.jpg

w2592.png