When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Solid Gold President

respond123

Sorry we don't do it like that around here. You need to read the reviews, get familiar with the dealers, then ask questions about the dealers not specific sites. We are a family around here, we exchange thoughts, ideas, show off our watches and have a good time. We don't give out URL's then send you on your way. You have Google for that.

Sorry we don't do it like that around here. You need to read the reviews, get familiar with the dealers, then ask questions about the dealers not specific sites. We are a family around here, we exchange thoughts, ideas, show off our watches and have a good time. We don't give out URL's then send you on your way. You have Google for that.

I'm sorry I will follow your advice.

Thank you

No apology needed. If you have a certain watch in mind, use the search button and you will be amazed how much information will get thrown your way. Once you've read most of it, which can take days, you'll start to see the same names (dealers) and things will start to look clearer.

No apology needed. If you have a certain watch in mind, use the search button and you will be amazed how much information will get thrown your way. Once you've read most of it, which can take days, you'll start to see the same names (dealers) and things will start to look clearer.

also - stop cross posting -

none of the dealers around here sell SOLID Gold presidential

DD. In fact i would NOT advise you getting one. some of the "scam sites"

as they are called here, such as Go replica sell or sold them. the last time i

looked, they were about 4K. but who really knows what they are selling.

with gold almost $1000/ ounce or so what kind or rep can you expect @

reasonable price? Why not get a nice 14Kt wrapped 2 tone or even a gen

2 tone that's used if money is an issue.

Good luck

Solid gold in a rep is a REALLY bad idea to try and pursue. You are just asking to get robbed. Do yourself a favor and stick with TT if you must have gold and live with its flaws. Better yet, stick with steel. There are no shortcuts to solid gold in the rep game. Yes, there are watches that have been repped in solid gold but they will still be expensive and are virtually worthless on the secondary market if you have an issue with it, unless you want to melt it down and make a bar out of it - only to find a grey base metal inside filled with lead...LOL.

Hi,

Anybody have any knowledge of a good reliable site to purchase a solid gold either 14kt or 18kt Replica President from??

Thank you for your help.

Also, look up gold plated vs. gold wrapped.

You just opened up a big can of worms! There is a huge debate regarding the accuracy of these phrases, and many experts believe they are nothing but marketing slogans while in reality gold content is almost impossible to determine given the generally dubious policies of manufacturers.

Same goes for the amount of "mils" watches claim to have.

You just opened up a big can of worms! There is a huge debate regarding the accuracy of these phrases, and many experts believe they are nothing but marketing slogans while in reality gold content is almost impossible to determine given the generally dubious policies of manufacturers.

Same goes for the amount of "mils" watches claim to have.

Exactly why I didn't suggest "Be sure to get gold-xxxxx" :p

The terminology/usage is weird, but I have at least seen photos claiming one of the two versus the other, and there's a slight difference in appearance - I mean appearance of quality, as far as color/tone/lifetime I certainly have no means by which to measure. Just terms to look out for if he's looking for "solid" gold - more aptly referred to as "full" gold. :huh:

Full solid gold dd reps does exist or at least used to exist and if my memory doesn’t fail me, Richard Lawton bought one from Paul around 4 years ago but it was 14k gold. And also Watchmaster used to sell this and TTK claim than he also could source 18k solid gold, but then again this was a long time ago. Personally I wouldn’t risk buying one, too expensive, costume issues, real gold issues, etc

Edited by emuozz

its hard to verify the claims about the gold plating thickness,

but 1 practical thing that i've noticed is that the 14kt. wrap

will include the edges of the links. the cheaper 18kt. plating is only on the top. that's why i would go for the extra

$$ that it costs. for ex.- Josh charges $80 more for the 'wrap' vs the plated rollies.

Here's a 100% positive ebay powerseller who sells solid 18k bands and cases. You can pop an eta 2824 or 2836 in there. he may do it for you but i dont know.

I don't know anything about this seller except for what he sells.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/myjewelrygallery

if I were to go for this, I'd back my Paypal with a credit card for a purchase of that amount. Just a little safer. These guys over seas will almost always try to get you to complete the transaction outside of ebay. Thats always fine with me, but it is more risky. I'd low ball him and see what the lowest he'll take for the whole set is.

Good luck on your search.

I've researched the build, and I can probably put one together (with a TRUE solid 18k gold case) for around $8.5k. This is with all genuine parts minus the case (i.e. 3155, dial, hands, crystal, crown, etc).

I've yet to do it, because I can buy a nice vintage GEN 1803 for the cost to build.

I've researched the build, and I can probably put one together (with a TRUE solid 18k gold case) for around $8.5k. This is with all genuine parts minus the case (i.e. 3155, dial, hands, crystal, crown, etc).

I've yet to do it, because I can buy a nice vintage GEN 1803 for the cost to build.

FYI - UBI is probably one of the most knowledgeable franken builders on the Planet!!!

his word is GOLD!

I have on occasion acquired (for UK buyers) solid gold DJs

They're not cheap

You have no g'tee of the true assay value of the gold

But the biggest issue to consider is shipment.

I buy them for UK buyers as I can handball them back to the UK and NEVER commit one to an international carrier

If you opt for a 'remote' purchase nail down all the 'what ifs' re shipment 100% (and then nail them down again) before parting with those $1K's.

• 5 months later...

Hey pal,

Very new to this site, and I see everyone is really tight. I don't want to step on anyones toes or get anyone upset. I looked at your watches and saw a couple that I liked. What is the proper procedure to go about purchasing one? Thanks a ton. -Danny

quote name='narikaa' date='Aug 18 2008, 04:21 AM' post='511866']

I have on occasion acquired (for UK buyers) solid gold DJs

They're not cheap

You have no g'tee of the true assay value of the gold

But the biggest issue to consider is shipment.

I buy them for UK buyers as I can handball them back to the UK and NEVER commit one to an international carrier

If you opt for a 'remote' purchase nail down all the 'what ifs' re shipment 100% (and then nail them down again) before parting with those $1K's.