When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Homer's Toubillion

ironmarshal

I just got Homer's Tourby rose gold with white dial delivered to the office today (not a bad way to make Monday more bearable) and the watch is great. You've all seen his pics and they're better than anything I could whip up real quick. The gold plating is fantastic and the overall finish of the watch is qute nicely done. It really does look like something that should cost well into the thousands of dollars, not a few hundred.

Lots of people have said great comments about this particular watch. In my opinion, you can't really be a watch collector unless you own a flying tourbillon.

Experiencing these kinds of watches touches so many senses... to see the movement's graceful motion, to hear its precise ticking, to feel its elegant textures, to whiff the gentle aromas emanating from the leather, and even to kiss it passionately and romantically is both unforgettable and almost sensual.

pics pls.....

you dont' need pics - just order the watch

i brought this watch to the forum, cause i believe hands down its the best value in any watch, anywhere on the planet

its a MUST OWN in any color combo

ohhh, i just thought of a good idea - Blued tourby cage

HOMER - get on that!

is this a tourbillon like audmars and other big time manufacturers use?

its a tourbillon from millions mart - http://www.millionsmart.com/e/default_home.asp they rebrand watches - most of those "germany" inexpensive brands are millionsmart

the good news is, through homer, you can get the watch serviced/ fixed -which for me was the biggest risk of the tourby. What if it breaks. most watch smiths will look at you cross eyed if you asked him to work on it :)

most watch smiths will look at you cross eyed if you asked him to work on it

Like this :huh:

or

Like this :blink:

or

Like this :brow:

or

Like this :nea:

this are all the possible faces you'll see that a watchsmith will make once you ask him to take apart your tourby and tries to fix it!

this is why with the tourby's the after sale service is important...and plus Homer offers that! Priceless...

I love Homer's tourby.....got my eyes on the Gold with White face. My problem is that the watch is some 39mm....and I am used to bug watches.....bare min. I would normally wear is a 42mm. River has a PAM style tourby....but that's too sporty for my liking.

Still on the lookout for a big tourby

I would agree that the value for the money proposition with this watch is probably the best I've ever seen. Five years ago who would have thought that you would be able to buy a genuine troubillion for less than $600? I do agree with vric that it could use slightly stronger AR, but the AR that it has on it now is acceptable. At some point I may have it done, but for now I'm just enjoying this fantastic timepiece.

I would agree that the value for the money proposition with this watch is probably the best I've ever seen. Five years ago who would have thought that you would be able to buy a genuine troubillion for less than $600? I do agree with vric that it could use slightly stronger AR, but the AR that it has on it now is acceptable. At some point I may have it done, but for now I'm just enjoying this fantastic timepiece.

i'm to nervous even to have my WM take out the movement to pop the crystal off :)

I love Homer's tourby.....got my eyes on the Gold with White face. My problem is that the watch is some 39mm....and I am used to bug watches.....bare min. I would normally wear is a 42mm. River has a PAM style tourby....but that's too sporty for my liking.

Still on the lookout for a big tourby

don't worry about it, it wears bigger than 39. I have almost all 42-44 mm watches but this one is so special cause of the tourby cage, you will wear it often

i highly recomend getting a super thick strap from hktan

and you have a 20k watch no doubt.

I agree with phoband- The watch wears much bigger than 39mm! The case height and overall dial diameter and presence lends to a larger look and feel.

I had one of these for sometime; same as pho's, as he turned me onto them. Fantastic watch, and I regret letting mine go as I do miss it. Sadly, it never got much wrist time.

Phoband, any chance you could post a pic of your watch on the khtan strap or point me to a pic of the strap you recommend?

ABSO SHMUTLY - i'm going to update my collection photos but i have some floating around of the watch and strap -

cachiga-cachiga (my kid likes cars) :)

tourbto1.th.jpg

hk3kl1.th.jpg

hk2nd3.th.jpg

hk1ll5.th.jpg

i forget the width, but, its 5mm high at the middle- with a formal style, where it comes down to thin at the edges - just like a nice zenith band. obviously gen croc - and the color is burgendy - it had a slight purple hue when i first got it, but it got darker and richer looking with some wear

also its a panatime deployant - which is what i use on basically all my watches

its a tourbillon from millions mart - http://www.millionsmart.com/e/default_home.asp they rebrand watches - most of those "germany" inexpensive brands are millionsmart

the good news is, through homer, you can get the watch serviced/ fixed -which for me was the biggest risk of the tourby. What if it breaks. most watch smiths will look at you cross eyed if you asked him to work on it :)

that i now.

but still is it like other high end manufacturers?

that i now.

but still is it like other high end manufacturers?

from what i understand yes, millionsmart isn't like a rep factory, they make a half decent watch.

there has not been any official confirmation by The Zigmeister, only noting that the back of the movement showed a different gear configuration from any of the them that he has seen.

I stumbled across this whilst looking for Tourbillons...

http://www.tourbillonwatches.com/tourous-t...on-watches.html

Looks the same movement and case as Homers, with additional work on the aesthetics.

Branded as Tourous, but at a higher price than Homers...

Homers are looking like a good deal.... I'm tempted!

R.

millionsmart are a rebranding service. if i wanted to start phoband watch co i just pick out a model from them they print phoband on the dial i order 50 and away we go.

homer - wisley - got his non bs branded. so its the same watch. search torbillon on ebay 99 percent are millionsmart. check out millionsmart.com

homer - wisley - got his non bs branded. so its the same watch. search torbillon on ebay 99 percent are millionsmart. check out millionsmart.com

I agree 100%. The appeal of Homer's watch, besides the great pricing is that its unbranded. Why get a rep tourby when you can have a beautiful gen without some made up name on it that nobody has ever heard of and doesn't care about? Now without any branding you can focus on the beauty of the watch and not have the face cluttered with some silly logo.