When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

23 T Franken - just about done

Watchmeister

Couldn't resist showing the close to final 23. Many thanks to many folks who were helpful along the way. Basically Jimmy and gen now. One more round of bezel re-inking but otherwise this is the finished project.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0098-1.jpg

Now this is where we take luck over skill :lol: - Check out the franken caseback versus a watch currently on the bay:

Franken

DSC_0107-1.jpg

GEN

GenCaseback.jpg

Obligatory Wristshots:

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments. I love the GMT's so this one is a labor of love. Gen parts include dial, hands, bezel, crystal, crown and cg. Case is Jimmy. Caseback is from honpo and actually has all the numbers within the correct ranges (bb too :D). Movement is the super rare "Officne Panerai" movement. :lol:

Thanks guys. I am satisfied with the crown on this one. You can argue whether it is gen or not but it is the only older crown available that fits perfectly into the gen case tube/crown guard set-up. T's new crowns are absolutely beautiful but they are built specifically for a rep case tube and as such don't have a spring loaded mechanism. On Luminor Frankens no "pop" - no Panerai for me. :lol: I may give in one day and put on a newer gen crown but they are getting tougher and tougher for me to source so I tread carefully with them.

Very nice. An absolute gem. I know how hard it is to get all the bits to assemble a great Franken and I really love these GMTs. I have my 2893 029 on at the moment and it has the 'gen' auto crown, Finepics datwheel, correct size cyclops and The Zigmeister lume & build - I love it but the gen plain dial is something else.