When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RULES - High End Sales

TwoTone

1500 USD is a lot of money for a rep! :euro:

Willing 2 pay it... and never receive anything.....that realy hurts bad!!!! :wallbash::cry::wallbash::cry:

This is what you want 2 do to the person you payed 2 : :tomaatit::black_eye::cc_hang::irvine::stretcher:

It is a good thing, we r one community and we care about our RWG fellow-members. :drinks::gathering:

so i say: Good decision Admin Team! :good:

Unfortunately guys the the limit needs to be $1500 for the simple reason that a few of our collectors have before offered watches over the 1K mark.

Obviously we can't be expected to go through the set rules every time a collector sells above 1k.

Ken

Well there is obviously a difference between somone who sells watches for a living- and member to member sales

Therefore you don't have to monitor dealer sales.

Re: Resale at 1k - i think 1k is [censored] number for a rep - serviced or not - unless it has like a el primero in it or something. or is solid gold

i think that most people understood what i ment

and its a good rule at 1k and at 1.5 k

but the reality is, no rep should be sold second hand at 1k

if someone wants to pay high prices instead of checking out other dealers or silix or whatever, thats up to them - but, they shouldn't get to pawn bad ideas off on others.

its simliar to the "having to post the going dealer rate" or posting the original sale price concepts - but 4-500$ vs. 1k is a big deal.

anyway - its still a good rule - but i think second hand rep watches going at 1k is suspect Prima Facie (for you non-lawyers - means on its face in latin)

:) still a good rule - but IMHO would be a better rule at 1k

@slai,

Yes, there have been a few interesting offers of late. :rolleyes:

We have set a number invisible, pending confirmation of various points, and advices from the sellers.

When/if we are satisfied with those responses, we will make them visible again.

We do however reinforce that the ultimate decision to outlay funds on any purchase, rests with the buyer.

An old adage has been, "If you can't afford to loose the $$, don't spend 'em"

Offshore

Interesting to see that my less than triumphant return to RWG (after a year hiatius) has prompted an emergency session of the admin team to approve & adopt a new trading rule.

It also pays to remember that a big part of the policing of prices, done by the members, is far better than what we in the Admin team will ever be able to do.

Ken

very true - members have never held back on jumping on someone who has flakey sales

when i came back from one of my hiatus' some guy named pugwash who joined after i was gone was jumping all over me trying to sell a pam i think :)

and i was a middle aged (not really elder) member

and i remember when some relatively unknown member whos name rhymed with Mavor Mave gave me crap about some pens

and - well - i guess we know which one of those members is still respected around here :)

right - ME :) you forgot i was in the mix for that award right :)

Interesting to see that my less than triumphant return to RWG (after a year hiatius) has prompted an emergency session of the admin team to approve & adopt a new trading rule.

After a PM exchange with my fellow Team Mate...

And reviewing your attitude in your posts today...

I can say without a doubt, your listing will not be re-posted here...

And just for your information - it WASN'T your listing that prompted our discussion...

It was BigCrowns Daytona...

Which was allowed to continue and has since sold...

So enjoy your next hiatus...

I know we will...

TT

Guest carlsbadrolex

Outstanding decision guys! I dont see that another watch forum (gen or rep) that even comes close to what you guys do to keep us safe!

Your efforts and decisions are what keeps this place what it is!

T

After a PM exchange with my fellow Team Mate...

And reviewing your attitude in your posts today...

I can say without a doubt, your listing will not be re-posted here...

And just for your information - it WASN'T your listing that prompted our discussion...

It was BigCrowns Daytona...

Which was allowed to continue and has since sold...

So enjoy your next hiatus...

I know we will...

TT

Thats cool. Lost interest in selling here anyway. Probably will get more for the gen parts on ebay anyway. Just thought that members here would like the opportunity for a unique piece.

I guess it was the 1 or 2 hour time difference between the time my post was removed and the time that this new rule went up that threw me

Just my two euro cents but I have at least one rep/franken which is over the 1.000$.

May sound insane but it's even a little bit over 1.500$. :shock:

To go to these prices you do not need solid gold at all.

Think about a 600$ Super dome and a 500$ 93150 :whistling:

So setting the limit at 1.500 doesn't sound a bad idea to me.

I guess it was the 1 or 2 hour time difference between the time my post was removed and the time that this new rule went up that threw me

As TT said this has been discussed in the admin section way before your triumphant return.

But if you say that it's your sale that has prompted an emergency session you must be right of course.

As TT said this has been discussed in the admin section way before your triumphant return.

But if you say that it's your sale that has prompted an emergency session you must be right of course.

I don't dispute that. The only info I have to go on is the timeline.

Oh, and I guess attempts at wry humor don't go over well here

Just my two euro cents but I have at least one rep/franken which is over the 1.000$.

Nice move gents, fully agree.

and 1500 in USD is about the limit i'd ever pay for a franken, good limit good move

well thats a hard core franken - remember there is no limit - to selling, this would just take admin scrutiny before it was available for sale.

and damn stephane why not just get the clark crystals