When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ITALY WINS WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA ITALIA.......!!!!!

Zidane......hang your head in shame........what an ignominious end to a glorious career.......seen in a new light.........!

VIVA ITALIA.......!!!!!

Zidane......hang your head in shame........what an ignominious end to a glorious career.......seen in a new light.........!

I have to agree with that... I was going for France but what a shame... what a shame....

Wonder what Materazzi said to him. That headbutt came out of clear blue sky...totally unexcepted. :(

France (and Z) were my favourites but since I have Italian family members (through my brother's Italian wife) I guess I have to be happy for them. ;)

Edited by By-Tor

Wonder what Materazzi said to him. That headbutt came out of clear blue sky...totally unexcepted. :(

Mrs Pugwash has been asking the same question. It's well-known Zizou is a little hot-headed, but that was harsh, even for him.

Shame it had to go to penalties, but them's the breaks.

I feel sorry for Trezeguet and I hope people won't lynch him. He deserved more from this tournament, I never understood why Domenech benched him.

Wonder what Materazzi said to him.

Frankly many French players were friends of those Italian.

In the field numerous times are made jokes and said words of challenge between them.

Has the general climate of the game been very beautiful... therefore?

I believe that Zidane has reacted with too restlessness to words that were only even of challenge.

Sad for Zidane.

I'd wanted Italy to win at the beginning. Great first half, I was hoping for Luca Toni to score.

2nd half onwards France seemed to take over. For some reason, Camoranesi was switched over to the left, and France had more going forward down the opposite flank.

By the 2nd half onwards I was more neutral though I was celebrating when Luca Toni scored the header - he was on-side, the other player wasn't, so it was a legal goal in my opinion!

Anyway good match, just sad with Zidane, what a sad way to end a great career.

Zidane must have lost his mind. I suppose that such a great champion should be forgiven for his one-time madness.

I also feel that soccer players should get a little training in martial arts at least (just a little elbow parry by Materazzi, and good old Ziddy would have spent his next days in a hospital room... :D)

Thanks to the Frenchs for this great and honourable match.

And to the Germans for their flawless organization (as well as the previous match, naturally).

And to all other teams for having made this world event memorable.

I know nothing about soccer, but on what I saw at least four teams deserved to win and they would have played head-to-head with the Blue Team -- like Germans and Frenchs did, too.

But the ball is round and rules are that only one goes to the gold. It seems that, after 24 years, it had to be Italy's time again.

Thanks all for this great time.