When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did Anyone Watch UFC last night?

statikman

The blood bath with Joe Stevenson was crazy. Awesome perormance and huge balls shown by Edwards to not quit.

What the hell is with Frank Mir??? To show up that out of shape when you were once the champ is appalling.

I kind of wish Tito would have backed off a little on Ken. I know the game is to take every advantage and end it as quickly as you can without getting hurt but it would have been nice to see Shamrock get beaten up for a little longer. Hopefulyy he stays retired, as he just can't compete.

Arlovski looked really tentative and nervous for the first time. I don't know that he landed a single decent shot, and that is amazing considering his hand speed and accuracy. Sylvia looked so good, just calmly countering everything thrown at him. As much as I was hoping for Andrei to win his belt back, Tim has really become a terrific fighter. He's so disciplined and he was in such great shape that I can't see anyone beating him for a while.

If there is anyone who doesn't know who Wanderlei Silva is and thinks Chuck Liddell is going to destroy another challenger, think again. If Chuck gets past Babaloo, Silva will be the toughest fight of his career. Silva is an animal and possibly the toughest human being on the planet, regardless of weight class.

I watched it and I definitely agree with you on those things. Especially Mir...when he walked in I couldn't believe what I was looking at. He mentioned needing to get his confidence back but I think he needs to get his big butt on a treadmill. That guy Christison is not at all a good fighter....he has no heart as evident from the show and the only reason he's there is that he's freakishly large. For Mir to put on that kind of a performance against that guy, and the last fight was terrible as well! I think UFC was trying to fast track him back into the heavy weight ranks but that is definitely not happening. Edwards was great as always but that cut was pretty bad, one of the more bloody fights that I've seen....I still wish he won though as I'm not a huge Stevenson fan...but props to him on winning. Ortiz v Shamrock went just as I thought but I wish it could have gone a little longer....Ortiz was in excellent shape and was a completely different fighter from when he fought Forrest (thank goodness). The Arlovski Sylvia fight was terrible and I cannot believe Arlovski didn't shoot in or at least continue with the leg kicks but I don't normally like the heavyweight fights for that reason anyways but I wish that had only gone 3 rounds. I'm looking forward to Chucks next fight...should be a good match.

Ahhh...gladiatorial pugilism......and atavistic behaviour.....obviously for REAL men....youu know....the ones that have p***ks like potato mashers......and who make sheep nervous......(sic)....!

Edited by TTK

Chuck is the man. He is a great wrestler (All American in college IIRC) and can throw them like noone else. Hasn't Babaloo already lost to Chuck or Randy?

I agree about the Tito/ Shamrock fight. I also think if Tito had his way, the fight would have lasted much longer. I think he really wanted to pound on Ken for a while. The game has passed Ken by.

The Pit Bull shows what happens when you get rocked by someone. It totally changed his fighting style.