When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V's new watch after a loooong period of approx 2 years..

V

Well as I said after a period of 2 years I decided to get a new watch..

It is not that I couldn't buy any but I was VERY VERY happy with my 112 (I still am of course) so I didn't felt the need for one.

But the right deal came knocking at my door and I had to say yes..

I have to be honest that in the past I had a rep 036 MM and I didn't liked the brown dial.. It was too brown.

I knew though from the original photos that the rep makers have screwed with the colour but still I was a bit cautious.

So I found a LIKE NEW tobacco dial 118 E series in a great price and I thought to give it a try..

And boy am I happy :D :D :D

Of course the colour of the dial is nothing close to the reps.. It is not brown.. It has a smokey greyish brown colour (don;t know how to explain it better) which is AMAZING in real life..

Now? I think I my pair of 112-118 has the best of both worlds..

Stainless steel - Titanium

Base - Seconds

Black dial - Tobacco dial

Sandwich dial - Painted dial

CDG decoration - Panerai Panerai decoration on the movement

New thick crown guard - Old thin crown guard

Both have L dial and display casebacks which are a MUST for me.

Anyway.. here it is with a custom made XXL Marlboro strap by me with a titanium MF buckle. The ULTIMATE combo to be honest.. but I have some other straps in the making.. The dark brown stitchless Marlboro and the Ammo on the 112 will go to the 118 as well :)

Btw.. I got the watch only by selling some of the hi-end straps of my collection.. Yes I had THAT expensive straps and I still have my favourite ones in my case ;)

Enjoy the photos...

DSC03466.jpg

DSC03465.jpg

DSC03467.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03483.jpg

and the brown strap:

DSC03486.jpg

WOW!

What a inspiring classic: the quintessential Panerai masterpiece - smooth lines and a timeless design sure to bring in stares from passers by. The unique color combination adds personality without making the watch too unique to appear out of place amid the tame appearance of the brand's other offerings. Congratulations on the new watch and don't forget to wind carefully!

i'm new but i have to say that it is one of the best i have seen here in the forum!

just look at the OP stamping on the movement! so crisp!

how did you do it?

gotta love the enthusiasm of a newbie :D

@V, as you mentioned, a great compliment to your 112 in every way. now you just need a 190 to round out the collection :Jumpy::bangin:

i may just have to spring for a painted dial with the "panerai panerai panerai" engraved movement -- the combination is just :wub:

deltatahoe

A great Choice V....love the E movement more than the H series and 118 is the choice Ti model for me ...after 61 and 040 of course!!

Now the question in my mind is how to make that dial!!!!

Enjoy it mate!!

FGD

Thanks SImon.. I like the E movement as well.. I also prefer Luminova vs Tritium and display caseback so although the 40-61 are more rare I prefer the 118...

I think it is very very difficult to replicate the dial colour because from every different angle shows a different one.

Thank you all guys..

Now I've seen this combo in Psti couple of months ago and I LOVED it..

Have PMed Brent (xlr) and see if he can do it... It is a Simona gator distressed to look like Suede... Don't like the stitching being ruined but the leather looks NICEEEEEE...

55bha0.jpg

img5967ka3.jpg

V it is no surprise that you would find some great strap options for this new watch; i think the simona strap looks like the perfect compliment to that dial....it actually dresses up the brushed titanium finish of the watch a bit too, which makes for a unique look.

I know.. I know B.. now lets hope I will be able to replicate that strap :p