When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner 16610

watcher

To elaborate a little more this is the Precioustime Supreme edition watch which is based on the yet unreleased M serial WM9 watch with an eta2836 so I'm told.

Everything on the watch is stock apart from the Bezel/insert assembly which did fit on the rep base and really makes a big difference in reality as the teeth are so beautifully cut compared to the rep bezel. Also the crystal is a genuine 295c so no more horrid etched crown. This crystal does have a crown but only visible with a loupe. The CG's only needed a very small amount of tweaking and the overall finish is better than my previous WM9 Sub.

I can say having received a Euromariner last week too that the case is NOT the same in any shape or form plus this one is different even from the non engraved WM9. I still have a WM9 case that went wrong during the drilling out for a gen crown tube(say no more - live and learn!). No need to replace the crown on this , it's 99% perfect.

The rehaut is definately thicker when looking straight on and is practically vertical too. Dial is better although not perfect and not superlumed but the lume is decent for a rep. :)

Guest Vddubgrub
Sorry, it was a genuine bezel/insert which cost me some blood and sweat on Ebay last week!!!! :D

Are you hoping I will sell!!! ;):p

Haha, congrats watcher, I was also bidding for that auction :)

So have there always been variations on the WM9 16610? I always thought there was only one version?

Sorry, it was a genuine bezel/insert which cost me some blood and sweat on Ebay last week!!!! :D

Are you hoping I will sell!!! ;):p

:D:p - no i ordered it already from PT.

the engravings really look good - is there really an m-serial on the case ?

i was planning to remove the engravings - but if there is also an correct m# ? :huh:

maybe i keep them.

cheers,

Frank

To elaborate a little more this is the Precioustime Supreme edition watch which is based on the yet unreleased M serial WM9 watch with an eta2836 so I'm told.

Everything on the watch is stock apart from the Bezel/insert assembly which did fit on the rep base and really makes a big difference in reality as the teeth are so beautifully cut compared to the rep bezel. Also the crystal is a genuine 295c so no more horrid etched crown. This crystal does have a crown but only visible with a loupe. The CG's only needed a very small amount of tweaking and the overall finish is better than my previous WM9 Sub.

I can say having received a Euromariner last week too that the case is NOT the same in any shape or form plus this one is different even from the non engraved WM9. I still have a WM9 case that went wrong during the drilling out for a gen crown tube(say no more - live and learn!). No need to replace the crown on this , it's 99% perfect.

The rehaut is definately thicker when looking straight on and is practically vertical too. Dial is better although not perfect and not superlumed but the lume is decent for a rep. :)

Thank you for posting some photos on PT's Supreme Edition. I've been waiting to see it outside of the photos from the dealer's site.

So how would you rate this watch?

sub looks very nice. CGs still need doing...but not as much as the MBK which actually looks perfect *IF* you turn the watch upside down : ). i dont even notice the engraving on my euromariner with out careful looking... only problem with the engracing is then your watch is expected to have certain other specifics from that model year... the noob dial is incorrect for the 2008 engraved model, and the bezel insert numeral "4" must be pointed instead of the flat roof one. with out the engraving it leaves what year your sub is open to interpertation. that clasp does look a lot better than the noobs... your dial is correct in the fact that the minute markers around swiss made are taller on either side for that model year.... the Zubmariner line of text im not so sure is correct... still very nice looking, ill have to get my hands on one

i was planning to buy this Supreme Edition of SUB as well as the GMT II Ceramic. Finally i bought this one (see photo) which is a combination of these 2 models

3f8f95e9e5b0f7727348925mc2.th.jpg

Its a ''fantasy'' model BUT i like it very much. I did not plan to pass it as a genuine to anyone & i dont care for ''flaws'' of Replicas.........

Now I'm confused... :huh:

Is the M-serial suppose to have the flat "S"?

I have always associated the flat S with the Z-serial (year 2007)... Am I missing something?

No rhyme or reason to the flat S. Some have it; some do not. Some are older 16610's or even 16800/0's, some are more recent serial prod... As with anything Rolex, there is nothing definitive as to why this is the case :)

This is all with regards to genuine, BTW...