When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Dial

dieselpower

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caseback ordered.

I am now looking at pushers. The ones on my watch feel cheap. I can't really describe it very well, also I have little experience of operating gen pushers on a 6263 ( I did have a play with one one about 5 years ago!) but as I recall they felt quite solid and substantial, mine feel a little flimsy and rubbish. Anyway, I don't know where I might find gen pushers or what their price might be, or indeed if they will fit my case, so I have another question: what do you experts think about the pushers being sold by cousinsuk? they are not expensive but are they any good? will they fit my case? what do you think? Thanks again for help.

Diesel - Get these in white (you may need to contact them to see if they are in stock)

rolpush.jpg

Daytona yellow screw down push button

Fluted head is 5.5 mm in diameter, while thread diameter is 2.50 mm

RolPush-Yellow

$49.00

Note - Most likely, these will fit without any problem (though I would recommend a quick tap to clean the threads either way). But there are no guarantees with any of these Daytona cases. The pusher holes in 1 of the cases I worked on were cut too large & these (as well as the original pushers) were too small (they kept falling out of the case). In that case, you either epoxy the pusher tubes into the case, try to order the next larger diameter pusher (if available) or replace the case.

OK, DW has come good on the parts. See below what I have - gen crown and tube were from my (little) parts bin. Glass on watch is a gen already, I daren't open the hands package I'll probably bend something but there they are, silver dial looks to be a vast improvement so that just leaves the pushers. Will take the plunge soon.

Cheers everyone.

post-2563-1224253254_thumb.jpg

ive been trying to figuring out what or who (a) DW is. i've searched the forums and couldnt find an answer. I know it refers to the case or the quality or something to do with daytonas... maybe like MBK? i can usually figure this stuff out, but this has me stumped, and is such a noob question :p

OK. Have worked out the prices and there's not much difference so I think I will go for the Ofrei pushers - only a madman would go against a recommendation from freddy333 when it comes to rep Daytonas. I do have a question though. The person who is going to assemble the watch has asked me to provide any special tools required for the removal and replacement of the pushers. So the question is - what do I need and where do I get it?

Thanks a bunch.

OK, DW has come good on the parts. See below what I have - gen crown and tube were from my (little) parts bin. Glass on watch is a gen already, I daren't open the hands package I'll probably bend something but there they are, silver dial looks to be a vast improvement so that just leaves the pushers. Will take the plunge soon.

post-2563-1224253254_thumb.jpg

ive been trying to figuring out what or who (a) DW is. i've searched the forums and couldnt find an answer. I know it refers to the case or the quality or something to do with daytonas... maybe like MBK? i can usually figure this stuff out, but this has me stumped, and is such a noob question :p

Diesel - Congratulations on the project. In case you run into a problem with the new hands, just strip & repaint the existing hands the opposite color. Actually, that is what I would have done anyway since you already know they fit the movement.

High - DW is a reliable & honest collector who is known for his premium vintage Daytona case kits & A7750-powered reps (with appropriately asymmetrical pusher layouts).

6263andcompany005-10241.jpg

(The dials & cases you see here are DWs, but note that the watches have been modified with numerous gen parts (purchased separately))

• 2 weeks later...
It's the fact that they are not 40mm+ that I like them....but each to his own. Cheers for the enthusiasm anyway Dizzy :D

Ditto that.

Sorry to hear about the additional customs fees, but you are still way under what some people sell these things for (check out Phong's prices for the exact same parts). Ask Cousins if their pushers come with long center posts that have screwdriver slots at the bottom end? If they do, then they may be the right 1 (same as Ofrei sells). Or, better yet, see if they can supply a picture of the disassembled parts. Post it here & I can tell you that way.

Of course, it is always best to pay less than more. But, considering the watch these are going into, I think that if you look at the additional customs fees NOT as an additional expense, but, instead, as the cost of getting a classic Daytona done right, it will be quite palatable.

I am happy to see you making this watch even more spectacular dieselpower!

Cheers M,

Hopefully it will be so nice that it will make you regret ever selling it ha ha :D

Have been following your Daytona project and that looks fantastic. All the best with it and I look forward to seeing the results.

Ditto that.

Sorry to hear about the additional customs fees, but you are still way under what some people sell these things for (check out Phong's prices for the exact same parts). Ask Cousins if their pushers come with long center posts that have screwdriver slots at the bottom end? If they do, then they may be the right 1 (same as Ofrei sells). Or, better yet, see if they can supply a picture of the disassembled parts. Post it here & I can tell you that way.

Of course, it is always best to pay less than more. But, considering the watch these are going into, I think that if you look at the additional customs fees NOT as an additional expense, but, instead, as the cost of getting a classic Daytona done right, it will be quite palatable.

Hi freddy333,

Here is a picture of the Cousins pushers and if you look closely I think you can see the screwdriver slots at the bottom end.

post-2563-1225126267_thumb.jpg

I have asked Cousins a couple of questions about these parts but have sent no reply so I gave up on them.

I hope this project comes out right and I take great comfort that it seems to have your blessing. You are the master (oh and Ubi of course - don't want to cause a feud ;) ) paid the robbing postal service their money today so should be getting pushers tomorrow. Then off the whole lot goes and then the big wait. It's going to kill me but as we all know that's part of the fun.

Thanks everyone for spurring me on with this one it really helps.

Oh and freddy333 - your Comex is still rubbish.

Here is a picture of the Cousins pushers and if you look closely I think you can see the screwdriver slots at the bottom end.

post-2563-1225126267_thumb.jpg

I think I see the tell-tale screw slot at the end of the center post & it looks gen correct otherwise. So, if you need another (or do another Daytona), you might try 1 since they they can be had without customs & additional shipping charges.

I hope this project comes out right and I take great comfort that it seems to have your blessing. You are the master (oh and Ubi of course - don't want to cause a feud ;) ) paid the robbing postal service their money today so should be getting pushers tomorrow. Then off the whole lot goes and then the big wait. It's going to kill me but as we all know that's part of the fun.

Be prepared for additional (unforseen) setbacks, as they seem to go with the territory. But just keep the ultimate goal in your sights & know that you will eventually get there. Nearly all of the construction problems CAN be solved.

Oh and freddy333 - your Comex is still rubbish.

Maybe you need more convincing

redgreensub20011.jpg

redgreensub20421.jpg

OK freddy333. I have the following to swap for that Comex:

1 x Very cute 4 month old boy named Felix. He laughs on cue. Does not vomit (too much) and has a promising career as a child model.

1 x Easy on the eye wife who is a wonderful mother to said Felix and is great at the cleaning (not cooking - that's my department)

1 x Reasonably sized London appartment with panoramic views and swimming pool (rare in the smoke)

1 x 1952 Gen Rolex semi-bubbleback

1 x Gen Omega Speedmaster Pro

1 x Right arm, hardly used and only minor scratches due to 40 odd years of reasonable use.

Take any or all of the above and I will be a happy man.

Cheers and all the best, your work is incredible :1a:

OK freddy333. I have the following to swap for that Comex:

1 x Very cute 4 month old boy named Felix. He laughs on cue. Does not vomit (too much) and has a promising career as a child model.

1 x Easy on the eye wife who is a wonderful mother to said Felix and is great at the cleaning (not cooking - that's my department)

1 x Reasonably sized London appartment with panoramic views and swimming pool (rare in the smoke)

1 x 1952 Gen Rolex semi-bubbleback

1 x Gen Omega Speedmaster Pro

1 x Right arm, hardly used and only minor scratches due to 40 odd years of reasonable use.

Take any or all of the above and I will be a happy man.

Cheers and all the best, your work is incredible :1a:

Hahahaha

No, hang on........what kind of panoramic views????????

No, hang on........what kind of panoramic views????????

Oh the usual stuff:

Tramps getting pi**ed, the odd mugger out for an evenings hard work, police cars, varied detritis wafting around like tumbleweed, drug dealers, traffic wardens, persons of dubious sexual persuasions getting their kicks on the common, burger bars that serve heart attacks in a bun, dog sh*t etc etc.

Tempted?

Go on... you know you want it......

The Comex is mine, all mine ha ha ha ha ha (fiendish laugh)

Tramps getting pi**ed, the odd mugger out for an evenings hard work, police cars, varied detritis wafting around like tumbleweed, drug dealers, traffic wardens, persons of dubious sexual persuasions getting their kicks on the common, burger bars that serve heart attacks in a bun, dog sh*t etc etc.

Tempted to trade, not quite. But I have a sudden urge to urinate into a bun whilst j-walking. ;)

Diesel, sorry to hear about the postal service hosing you for the taxes and fees, but consider it cheap insurance against future water damage. I have tested a couple of sets of DW pushers in the water-proof tester and they all leaked like a sieve under pressure. I've never seen so many bubbles coming out of one watch. The pushers, taxes and fees are probably far cheaper than a new movement and dial.