When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Panerai 6152/1 Angelus SF240

dadog13

Awesome, you just made my Friday :o

Amazing piece, and amazing project...I can only imagine the work and time put into making this masterpiece. It's a stunner! :victory:

amazing movement, it looks heavily modified compared to the original? Can you tell us what is done on this one ?

Congrats on this beauty

well, the movement in my Vintage is an alarm movement and this is why you see that a gear is missing...

here is one pic where it's easy too notice the difference...this was a pic from one of the forum members (don't remember who but I hope he doesn't mind me posting it - the non alarm stem wound movements are really rare

f_angelusmovem_564ceec.jpg

this watch is amazing...I decided to try to build one by myself (I am not in a hurry since I have one already ;) )...I know it won't be easy, but if it were, it wouldn't be a challenge to make it...and I love to be challenged...

I know that custom building of some parts will take time...but I am ready to try it out...the 2nd Angelus movement is by my watchmaker for some cleaning...some parts are already on the way...some spares are "on the paper" needed to be done...let's see how this goes...there is always my friend VDB to whom I can send it to be completed but with this one I really want to try it by myself!

wish me luck!

Edited by dadog13

Good luck ;)

I am happy that i helped at least with the strap ;)

you definitely did my friend!

I can post some photos of it...it will go on my 2nd Angelus...I am looking forward to see how it will gain patina through the time (I will try to darken it by myself a little bit as well) :

f_vintageangem_8588742.jpg

• 2 months later...

***small update with the strap selection for the Angelus beauty***

this are the other 3 straps made for this one...all vintage ones...

• V strap with sew in GPF replica buckle (best version currently on the market custom made by a RWG member)
  • gunny strap - Caitlin Serie I (VDB will sew in a buckle for me in...thanks my friend!)
  • VDB vintage strap made for the members present at the GTG in Erfurt in 10/2008

f_trio26mmm_a93cb2f.jpgf_GPFModDepm_9a90761.jpgf_gunnym_e7ee450.jpgf_ErfurtGTGm_524f1c8.jpg

Mind-blowingly beautiful.

Is that one of the RMCSherry dials? If so, who did the finish on it? That's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of font thickness on mine.

Again...wow.

VH...everything that you see on the watch was done by VDB...the dial is nice, isn't it? B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...