When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movies: What's something great that we probably havent seen?

fat.tail.event

Each of us probably has an off-the-beaten-path favorite that is worth noting. Or maybe an old flick that hasn't gotten enough attention lately.

Since RWG has users from all over, I will throw out a foreign film that really really impressed me. It is called Elling...was nominated for an Academy Award in 2001...about two mentally challenged roomates who move out of the hospital together and help one another through life, daily trials.

Two little known movies that are popular in my circle:

The Prime Gig with Ed harris and Vince Vaughn.

The original "Boiler Room" made in 1992.

Although both stories are probably boring and slow for most, they accurately depict the business I have been in for the last 12 years, investments. i have seen a lot of scams in my carreer, although never participated in any, and these movies accurately depict a couple of old time phone scams. It is good to watch these movies just to know what to look for and make sure you don't get scammed yourself.

In the off-the-beaten-path catagory ...

Clerks - started Kevin Smith's Career

Chasing Amy - another of Smith's ... maybe his best actually

Roger Dodger - hard to describe, but a dark movie about a loner trying to teach his nephew the art of scoring with women

American History X - disturbing subject matter, but wonderful acting job by Edward Norton

"Joes Apartment" first feature film ever produced by MTV..great music and funny funny funny

the cockroach water ballet in the toilet bowl is...well you have to see it to believe it

a classic comedy that everyone should see

Bill