When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 203 Is On The Way

river

Angelus movements are typically in desk clocks and those are pretty readily available on Ebay and in old watch/antique shops. The tricky part is that the clocks and the movements come in different sizes and forms and no listing for a desk clock tells you which Angelus movment comes in it. :) But I am very jealous. Can't wait to see it mounted. WM mounted one in a vintage 47mm and promptly sold it for $3,000. :)

Those movements can be had for as little as $135 bucks (usually they are found in some kind of combo barometer/thremometer/alqrm setup or a travel clock as above) My watchsmith says that there are two main problems: Some people recognize the value of the 8-day movement and swap them w/ other movementst before selling the piece (the one on ebay currently says everything works except the clock..hmmmm) and the parts needed to turn the key wound clock into a crown wound watch are very hard to come by.

The up side, from rivers pics, is that not much bridge work is needed--a little grinfing , a bevel, and a brush job.

River--you are the man! Question: I realize this is a one off, but will they do a Unitas version with a more accurate dial, hand, and back?

The one in the current 203 is a non alarm version. Thus it does not have the 4th gear. They have also re-done the bridges at panerai with a new finish. It is also suspected that they have added a top plate over the bridges. In some photos if you look close there apears to be a upper plate on the bridgework that covers the origional bridges. This was noticed by enzo.

River's movment is very close to the one in Marks photo. When the alarm is removed and if a new top brige was made it would be almost indentical. (I did say almost as panerai have added a few other things that are visable)

These movt's are not easy to find. Angelus made lots of diferent movements.

Edited by Cucumber_Jones