When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: probably replacing my car

greg_r

Dani is a big animal fan...again, not that there's anything wrong with that at all but he's generally not a fan of animals in a non-living state if said state was caused by humans.

ah, a meat eating vegan

but yea, I can understand seeing a cute sheep like that could be disturbing for some

I've been hunting and eating animals since I entered this world - it's natural for me - and strangely those pics actually give me an appetite but for some how to say.. "city folk" maybe... i can understand their views, not really seeing what goes on behind the closed doors of animal farms and buying the meat after it's butchered and nicely packed for sale.

it's the inhumane slaughter houses that people should be upset about - animal cruelty disturbs me greatly but I can clearly see from Johns pics a .22 looks well placed behind the ear for instant death - people should applaud that

I admire Johns lifestyle - I've never said that before - I guess I should have - John is doing something I've always wanted to do - f.uck the city life and stress - move to a parcel of land and live in the wild - land is so cheap here too - the town I grew up in had a population of 2500, I'd skip school to go hunting for birds as a kid - my dad just sent me a large box of moose. idk, people need to just be reasonable and informed.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree alphakazi. I'm not sure if Dani is vegan or not my impression is simply that he doesn't approve with inhumane treatment of animals and I respect that where he and I differ, I think, is that while I do not approve of inhumane treatment or cruelty, I have shot and killed animals for consumption/ sport and I have no problem consuming an animal, nor do I have any problem with others killing/eating animals.

I agree alphakazi. I'm not sure if Dani is vegan or not my impression is simply that he doesn't approve with inhumane treatment of animals and I respect that where he and I differ, I think, is that while I do not approve of inhumane treatment or cruelty, I have shot and killed animals for consumption/ sport and I have no problem consuming an animal, nor do I have any problem with others killing/eating animals.

Yeah, it is hard to eat meat if the animal it comes from has not been killed - THAT would be inhumane.

Of course, a lot of people seem to think that meat grows on trees and falls miraculously onto styrofoam trays...

I worked in a poultry plant after high school. The chickens were killed with electricity. Sprayed with an electrolyte solution and zapped.

Here in nutty Calif, the animal fascists want to mandate that chicken cages be larger so the chickens can stretch out their wings without touching another chicken. This would add 50+% to the cost of a dozen eggs.

Back to cars:

The C 32 AMG offers special moments to all of its drivers. Impressive dynamics, for example, which are technically defined through a supercharged engine with torque of 332 lb-ft, a power of 349 hp and a stopping distance of less than 112 feet from a speed of 60 mph - and visually with a look that is dynamic without being garish.

No need E55. You'll fly with 349hp. And it doesn't drink fuel like one of our members beer... Miller Crap, if I'm correct.

C32.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok, back to watches...

Just got this tourbillon from China... They tried to copy new AP.

Watch-big.jpg

LMAO! :D :D :D :D

btw - thanks for the thought on the C class, but I think the E class is more 'me'. (Yes, I'm getting old lol).

I share your view on SUVs though - not only are they unnecessary, but most of 'em handle like a wardrobe on a skateboard. If I wanted a truck, I'd buy a Mack :D

Anyhoo - will be out a good part of today giving the AMG a trial. I think I might just be going a little too far OTT , but at least I've finally decided on a Benz - whether this or something a little more sensible..

Still no boobies ?

This is a car thread. You can only have boobies if they're draped over a Mercedes.... :D

Just got back from giving the AMG a good run - steady drive down to Portsmouth for lunch and back after. The round trip is about 120 miles, 80% of it being fast dual-carriageway, which means a fairly economical trip - just 20 mins or so of country roads at this end, and a short stretch of slow roads in the middle. I filled up the tank before we left and filled up again when we got back so's I could work out fuel consumption.

So... on this journey I got 30mpg. WTF!!!!???

A big, heavy, car with a 5.5 litre supercharged V8 and it does 30mpg! How!!!???

On the same journey, I've never gotten much more than that in the old car with an engine less than half the size. First time I did the figures, I thought I'd got it wrong, so I did 'em again.... Yup. 30. I didn't even take it that easy - just drove how I usually do on that trip (which I do often).

Gonna try a cross-country journey tomorrow to see how that fares...

Have you checked out the new ultra sub compact Daiwoos? They get pretty good mileage.

Hell, I could just get a skateboard....

Mazda, allways nice: :D

Has she lost her ice cream?

Anyway, Mazda doesn't count. Benz or nothing. :D