When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's your most complimented watch?

TeeJay

I get a lot of compliments on my Bentley GT. I wear it often, it's an attractive, if blingy watch. I've gotten a couple of good comments on my IWC 5002, mostly because you can't miss it. Beautiful watch. My Sea Dweller still makes me smile, but most people don't notice it. Steelfish is another one I just love to look at, but even on a great croc strap, it gets no love from others like the Bentley does.

Another positive report on Breitlings :good:

The simple fact is location. I live in a really small "hick town" village where the great majority of people don't give a flying funk about watches or name-brands. My town is a "jeans and t-shirt" trailer trash "Ford F150 McDonalds for Dinner" kind of place. This watch is my flashiest and most "blingy", coupled with it being a Rolex, and I've had a few of compliments. Definitely more than any of my other watches that's for sure. Wearing something like a Nautilus or Aquanaut doesn't feel very rewarding here because outside of a few single digit enthusiasts the public-at-large will simply think it's a wall-mart discount special...

So pretty much that they just slip under the radar... I guess geography has to play a part as well, although I have to admit, I hadn't really considered it when I posed this question :)

This one for me....

"Hey man,is that a casio????" Can you add up some sales tax for me???

e01907152dc21359b1ca7b2afdbdb1cd-or.jpg

A fine example of function over form B)

The iconic Newmans do instigate the occasional 'Wow, is that what I think it is?' inquiry, but, surprisingly, this VC always attracts the most (unsolicited) compliments & questions from strangers

greenvc20131.jpg

stripedsleeves0461.jpg

And, in 2nd place, the Mystery is notable as it rarely fails to draw eyeballs & hushed whispers in restaurants

table0561.jpg

lunch16010151.jpg

That VC really is something :) I've never really tried a watch with that kind of display, but maybe one day :)

post-22-1224462197_thumb.jpg

I have to agree that not many people ever notice what watch I am wearing. Of the few that do mostly they say things like...Wow, ANOTHER watch, how many do you own?

Of the few compliments I have had a number have been from men (not chicks) that seem to like the

Pilot chrono 3717.

I have to agree.

There's definitely something about IWCs, a kind of elegant, simple functionality. I can undestand why guys would respond to that more than the ladies.

@ freddy, do the hours jump on that one? I love it...

the wife comments most on my ingy. she thinks it is beautiful

the coworkers comment most on the upo on rubber... they just say it is so huge

had a number of girls on the train comment on the noobmariner. they just like rolex I think. one girl saw it, said to her boyfriend, thats a nice watch why dont you get one? he was wear a fossil...

Ouch, talk about one of those unintentional comments which cuts you off at the knees :lol: I bet he felt about this big > < upon hearing that comment :bangin:

Surprisingly, this one:

1.jpg

1.jpg

Young people like TAG and they're always impressed of the bulky and massive Aquaracer. SMP Chrono and SFSO have collected occasional compliments. But as with the others, maybe 1 out of 1000 people notice what I'm wearing. :)

I have to admit, given the other fine watches in your collection, that is a surprising result. Had you said the Polar Explorer II, a GMT Master II or even your Ebel, that might have been expected, but the Aquaracer is definitely an interesting result. I tried on a gen a few weeks back, and felt 'cheated' that it didn't look as good in real life as it does in your photos :lol:

Oh man.... it was late last night :D

But actually, it's also my most complimented one.

A fine watch indeed :good:

Yes, the UN MMD is quite blingy. Actually, I think mine is the most so because of the dial choice I made. I was looking for a more interesting replacement for my Yachtmaster and it is very much like that in the bling department and in looks a little too - but more interesting IMO.

MMD's with colored or black dials and/or rubber straps with Ti elements tone it down a lot, but as I said for this watch I was going for flash as more of a collection choice. In the bracelet sports watch department I kind of use these two as the opposite ends of the spectrum...

This when I want shiny:

UN8r.jpg

And this when I want dull:

Aquatimer7r.jpg

And the PO sort of splits the difference when on its bracelet (although it lives on rubber now...)

PO1.jpg

That doesn't surprise me at all. That is a truly awesome watch. I'm a huge fan of dive watches, so I really ought to have one of those in my collection, but, I fear it's a little too 'flashy' compared to what I normally wear (PAMs being about as basic as one can get :lol: ) I've also had a hard time tracking down a decent rep of one... Maybe one day though :) I'm not sure what I like more, the texture of the dial, or the wave pattern of the bezel insert, but I do like it a lot :good:

Yes, the UN MMD is quite blingy. Actually, I think mine is the most so because of the dial choice I made. I was looking for a more interesting replacement for my Yachtmaster and it is very much like that in the bling department and in looks a little too - but more interesting IMO.

MMD's with colored or black dials and/or rubber straps with Ti elements tone it down a lot, but as I said for this watch I was going for flash as more of a collection choice. In the bracelet sports watch department I kind of use these two as the opposite ends of the spectrum...

This when I want shiny:

UN8r.jpg

And this when I want dull:

Aquatimer7r.jpg

And the PO sort of splits the difference when on its bracelet (although it lives on rubber now...)

PO1.jpg

It is blingy, but not in an ostentatious or trashy way, I think that's what give it its appeal :) It's interesting that you chose it as a replacement for a Yachtmaster, as the two watches are very similar in appearance (although I'd have to admit, I probably wouldn't've made the connection without you saying :lol: ) As above, I do like it, but, as I wear such basic watches, I think that if I was to buy one, it wouldn't see much wrist time :lol:

@TeeJay: Thanks for the pic compliments.

No problem, your photo work is alway exceptional :) I think the thing which surprized me the most, was the depth of the back of the watch, and how high it sat off the wrist. I admit, Luminors are hardly small, and, top to bottom, probably stand just as high from the wrist, I think it's just that with them, the back of the watch is flat to the wrist, with the height coming from the case and bezel, where the Aquaracer was the reverse. I guess it made me feel almost like there was something under the watch, raising it up... Oh well, a fine timepiece nonetheless :good:

Jeez, some nice watches posted here. Sander that Da Vinci Rattrapante is the nutz, and RobbieG that Un is still high on my list with that dial flavor. As far as getting noticed on the wrist, this one has more than the others. The orange really pops out on it.

032vg4.jpg

020ks6.jpg

ezew127bq2.jpg

Cool piece man. Speaking of UN, this piece has the exact same layout as the MMD. Seconds at 6 with inset date and PR at 12. Is this a 2892 build as well?

Jeez, some nice watches posted here. Sander that Da Vinci Rattrapante is the nutz, and RobbieG that Un is still high on my list with that dial flavor. As far as getting noticed on the wrist, this one has more than the others. The orange really pops out on it.

032vg4.jpg

Good topic

It used to be my Big Bang, its got so much attention that It got on my nerves and I had to let it go.

p5172183comprq2.jpg

Recently This Pam has been getting some nice comments

p9183161hw4.jpg

But the Winner for me is this Patek (sorry for the poor photo) I don't wear it much but it always get a comment, the Ladies seem to love it.

patek5196xd9.jpg

ST4

032vg4.jpg

020ks6.jpg

ezew127bq2.jpg

That's an awesome watch, and the orange stitching really pulls it all together. Out of curiosity, what kind of wardrobe do you tend to partner it with?

Good topic

It used to be my Big Bang, its got so much attention that It got on my nerves and I had to let it go.

p5172183comprq2.jpg

Recently This Pam has been getting some nice comments

p9183161hw4.jpg

But the Winner for me is this Patek (sorry for the poor photo) I don't wear it much but it always get a comment, the Ladies seem to love it.

patek5196xd9.jpg

ST4

Thanks, I figured it would be a good conversation starter :) Out of curiosity, what size is the Patek? Is it in the 44mm region?

Thanks Freddy and TJ, I must try to take some better pictures of it. As for dial size it is up there with the PAMs so I guess its a 44, but its just so thin and light weight even the strap is cool and it was cheap as cheaps. (well until the ex rate went TU) I wore it to a ball last month , had to dust off the tux, a guy at my table grab my arm and went nice watch mate !!! :)

appunti15iz4.jpg

The Grahams are certainly hard to miss :) Would I be right in thinking that's a BOB sharkskin strap? If so... :good: Very comfy straps :)

Thanks Freddy and TJ, I must try to take some better pictures of it. As for dial size it is up there with the PAMs so I guess its a 44, but its just so thin and light weight even the strap is cool and it was cheap as cheaps. (well until the ex rate went TU) I wore it to a ball last month , had to dust off the tux, a guy at my table grab my arm and went nice watch mate !!! :)

I had a feeling it might've been that kind of size, but it's still elegant :) That's definitely the kind of reaction which make it all worthwhile :)

gen Navitimer on cow hide (croc print) and Rolex diamond ring combo - I think the gold ring compliments the gold bezel in the watch so it gets noticed more - 42mm is a tad small for my 8.5" wrist but still works - I'd like to get a TT Navitimer GMT - their like 47mm I believe

img3666xw9.jpg

gen Navitimer on cow hide (croc print) and Rolex diamond ring combo - I think the gold ring compliments the gold bezel in the watch so it gets noticed more - 42mm is a tad small for my 8.5" wrist but still works - I'd like to get a TT Navitimer GMT - their like 47mm I believe

img3666xw9.jpg

It's starting to look like Breitlings are very much complimented :)