When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blast From The Past

RobbieG

I was going through the Bucket recently looking for photos to contribute to the upcoming calendar after a discussion with Lani. I had forgotten how many cool reps and gens I have had and sold over the years and I thought I might start a pictorial thread to honor some of them. I only wish I had the chance to shoot all the watches I have owned over the years, but these are I think a good cross section. You can also see how my photo skills have developed over the years. In other words, not so many of these pics are all that great - but the watches sure were. So without further delay, may I present some of my favorite reps from 06' to present...

Please note that these are only watches that I no longer own. For pics of whatever is in my watchbox now, please see the RobbieG's Collection thread here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...t=0#entry554022

Breitling Superocean Steelfish 08' (gen):

Fish12r.jpg

Fishstrap1r.jpg

Fish9r.jpg

1900's Enamel Dialed Homage (gen):

T4.jpg

T2.jpg

T15.jpg

Titanium Marina Homage (gen):

177i.jpg

177k.jpg

177j.jpg

IWC FA Jones:

FA12.jpg

FA16.jpg

FA8.jpg

FA10.jpg

FA31.jpg

IWC GST Ti:

GST10.jpg

GST5.jpg

GST3.jpg

GST19.jpg

Chronoswiss Kairos:

Kairos15.jpg

Kairos28.jpg

Kairos14.jpg

Kairos6.jpg

Kairos24.jpg

PAM 009 PVD:

9d.jpg

PVD4.jpg

PVD11.jpg

PAM 063:

63pam10.jpg

63pam9.jpg

63pam20.jpg

PAM 177h:

177h17.jpg

177h14.jpg

177h9.jpg

177h13.jpg

Rolex GMT Master II:

GMT10.jpg

GMTmod3r.jpg

GMTmod1r.jpg

GMTmod4r.jpg

GMT12.jpg

GMT9.jpg

GMT11.jpg

Rolex Yachtmaster Rolesium:

Yacht3.jpg

Yacht21.jpg

Yacht19.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Malte Chronograph:

Malte27.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Malte4.jpg

Malte14.jpg

Malte36.jpg

Thanks guys. It is always fun shooting watches as well as wearing and owning them. These were all some mighty fine watches. You know, this hobby is funny. As I look at these photos, the watches look so delicious I can't imagine why I would ever sell any of them. But then I realize what happens to you when you actually own them for a while is why you end up selling sometimes. For me it isn't enough to just love to look at them. I have to love wearing them and in my experience that has little to do with liking the way they look in photos. You have to try them out and see if they speak to you on YOUR wrist, you know?

awesome post! we should all go through our pics and see what we may have forgotten about! Ive only been taking pics for a short time so i dont really have much to post up, but i would sure like to see what you guys have!

Thanks guys - and yes, I agree. I would love to see many of the senior members do something like this. I posted pictorials of all these watches once upon a time, but there is something about seeing them all together that is fun and charts the progress of yourself and the reps as they get better and better...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, no. I have owned only two Omega reps - a UPO and an Aqua Terra with blue dial and 2892 clone. As I said, I didn't get a chance to photograph all the reps I have owned over the years. But I do love Omega as a brand though. In fact, I own a gen 42MM PO at the moment and I am still loving it...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...ne+planet+ocean

Awesome pictures!

What, no Omega?

Yeah, the rep strap is terrible of course, but the buckle is great. The buckle is an odd 18MM. Usually straps like that taper more and are 16MM at the buckle so choices of straps are more limited if you want to use the VC buckle. The strap in the pics is a coated dress alligator from Banda.

Oh, the one from josh appears to have a brown strap, did you put on that black strap yourself?

• 2 months later...

The GMT was origianlly from PT and was modded in a few ways. First the insert was replaced and the channel was recessed like the gen by BK. The CG's were trimmed as you can see from the original photos mixed in. The stock CG's are very triangular. I don't know if you can get this version any more. Ask Bytor or BK. It is a noob factory version that has the best dial (don't get the one with the small fonts too close to the center of the dial) and a datewindow that isn't overmagged. The gen is 2x not 2.5x. This version also has a cyclops which isn't too far to the right like many of them. The only real issue with the watch once the mods are done is the too thick GMT hand. The movement is also an incorrect hand stack but of course noone would ever notice that. The CHS movement is more accurate but completely unreliable...

Your photo skills are truly commendable...may I ask?

What is your lighting set-up? Where do you shoot your watches?

Thanks!

All natural light. I wait for overcast days - preferably mornings. Always with a tripod. Always with the autotimer. Never with a flash. Minimal image processing in Photoshop other than using the clone stamp tool to take out dust and dirt which is very time consuming. Everything else is usually just slight color, contrast and brightness adjustments but not much. Hope that helps.