When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lewis Hamilton

FxrAndy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been a lot of hate on Hamilton by many people in the media. IMO yes sometimes he can crack under pressure at Fiji etc, but i think a lot of people in this sport are scared to see such a thriving young talent coming through the ranks. LOL @ the hat0rz saying Toyota gave Hamilton the place...just look at what happened to Raikonnen in Spa on slicks oops that right he put himself into the wall cos he had so much grip! :S

Hamilton should have had this season under wraps weeks ago if it wasnt for Ferrari International Assistance. At least now that he has got a world championship under his belt I think there will be less pressure on him next year which is return will probably make his driving better.

Im looking forward to next season with the new regs and different looking cars striped of their fiddly aero parts and using more mechanical grip with the return of slick (non-grooved) tyres!

Kimi is my favorite but he drove like a BUM this year. I heard that his winter training consisted mostly of vodka and strippers. :bangin: Massa drove really well, he's a solid driver... but it was more about Kimi being unmotivated and completely out of shape, than Massa's utter brilliance.

Lewis was my 2nd favorite to win the title. A worthy champion indeed, and the best driver of 2008. Congrats to all Brits onboard!!!

The track got wet enough just at the right time, what a great race! ^_^

The "fans" in the stands were booing and whistling Hamilton's first ever F1 Championship victory, showing themselves as having absolutely no class whatsoever...... :mellow:

Some of the other racist stuff Lewis has to put up with is disgusting too, what is wrong with people? :huh:

The "fans" in the stands were booing and whistling Hamilton's first ever F1 Championship victory, showing themselves as having absolutely no class whatsoever...... :mellow:

Some of the other racist stuff Lewis has to put up with is disgusting too, what is wrong with people? :huh:

Good point, very bad sportsmanship by the Brazilian fans against Lewis and the racial slurs he has had from the Spanish this year. Its a disgrace, even though I am a huge Hamilton fan I acknowledge that Massa is a good driver. Many mistakes made by him and Lewis this year and a bit of help from the FIA but overall it was a thrilling season with I believe 7 different race winners? Nice to see Kubica, Kovalinen (sp?) and Vettel getting their first race wins.

Roll on next season! :)

The Glock conspiracy stuff has been kinda killed off by a bloke claiming to be an F1 insider on the ITV F1 forum. He reckoned Glock's tyres were completely shot when he got back to the pits where he was watching the race from allegedly. He's a Hamilton fan so he might be making it up so I still reckon there's something dodgy about it.

I wanted Hamilton to lift the title but the more I watch the last few laps and that 'incident' with Glock (I've seen it more than just a few times on Sky+) the more I just don't buy the tyres 'explanation'. Glock 'lost' an absurd 18 second lead in less than a lap (in a sport where gaps and leads are measured in tenths of a second!) and conveniently let Hamilton pass on the very last corner...Trulli also lost time but he was in the other Toyota so that's a bit too convenient as well.

Have you ever tried slicks in the wet? I follow Motorcycle racing and slicks vs inters can mean up to 30-sec a lap.

Your conspiracy theory is absurd as both Glock and Trulli would need to co-ordinate exactly how much time to lose each to have the same times. Impossible without the two drivers talking.

I don't think the booing was racism against Hamilton in that way, more that victory appeared to be taken away from their countryman... at least I hope that's what it was.

Hamilton was a deserved winner in the best car. I think if he'd lost, he would have got the "choker" label so he had to win this time. Last year was a rookie season, he wasn't expected to win.

Next season should be great, hopefully Kubica and Vettel will show that they are top drivers and have cars that can help them compete. I didn't really rate Massa as highly but he has shown consistent improvement. For me Alonso in a car equal to the top cars would really spice things up, he's one of the best if not the best. Great performance from him today. Hopefully the Finns will be back next year and highly motivated !

Glock and Trulli were both on slicks, their lap times were well down on those on Intermediates. You could see as Glock went into the last corner (after Hamilton had passed him) that the back end was all over the place. Hamilton wasn't gifted that position through kind will, he got that position through strategy and changing onto intermediates at the right time!

Where amazing things happen there are always consipracy theories...not this time, that was a legitimate win....don't take anything away from Hamilton those of you claiming it was a set up <_<

It is so stupid to have conspiracy theories, after all the teams would have to communicate to their drivers what to do, and when to do it, and then we would be able to check the radio chatter, no?

Peoples ignorance of what driving on the wrong tyres, in wet conditions is like, does not take anything away from Hamilton, no matter how much you would like it too. He won it far and square, even with the FIA trying to penalize him out of contention and all the racist slurs etc.....

To triumph against such adversity, must make it all the more sweet a victory for Lewis :D

Cheers! B)

although lewis is arogant and too much self confidence considering himself better than Ayrton Senna which makes me dislike him like no other F1 car driver ever, he does drive well and he earned this champ title.

Arrogance was Schumacher in recent years... Hamilton comes over nothing like that...

Now Hakkinen, he was the nice guy :)

Congratulations to Hamilton to become the youngest ever Formula 1 Champion.

Ferrari Team lost the World Championship for Massa in Singapore.....

Both of them deserve to be World Champion.

Well done Massa.

Thanks guys (Hamilton and Massa) for a wonderfull and unforgetable year!!!

Arrogance was Schumacher in recent years... Hamilton comes over nothing like that...

Now Hakkinen, he was the nice guy :)

Yup indeed, but Hamilton goes the same way Schumi did. Even if not so much, hes still pretty arogant one ;)

congrats to Ham-bone for being gifted the championship

so what if Massa won more times than him ?

so what if Scuderia makes more money from their Constructors' title ?

so what if Glock will never be welcome in Brazil again ?

and lastly, so what if all these Johnnycomelatelies will be b!tchslapped next year by the one & only eyebrow man Fernando ALONSO ?!

let us also sit back & toast 2 vets & gentlemen, David Coulthard and Rubens Barrichello as they bid us farewell from the F1 circuit

Bitter much?

Consistency, not victories, wins championships.

Uhh both wins championships.

Consistency alone don't help much.

I have never read anywhere any racist comments about Hamilton where all of you read them is beyond me white supremacy F1 forum?, i just love it when its talk about blacks or different skin colour peeps then white the "racist mark" always comes up..

although lewis is arogant and too much self confidence considering himself better than Ayrton Senna which makes me dislike him like no other F1 car driver ever, he does drive well and he earned this champ title.

Never heard him say he considers himself better than Senna, only that he was his childhood hero! Lewis is an aggressive driver, much like Schumacher, and look how successful he was! I have only ever seen Hamilton be completely sincere and humble at how lucky he is to be in the seat of the McClaren, confidence should not be confused with arrogance.

Edited by b16a2

Consistency alone don't help much.

Nicky Hayden, 2006.

I have never read anywhere any racist comments about Hamilton where all of you read them is beyond me white supremacy F1 forum?, i just love it when its talk about blacks or different skin colour peeps then white the "racist mark" always comes up..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7701169.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorspor...ormula-One.html

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...101101054.shtml

Do you live under a rock?

Visitors to a 'voodoo-style' website were invited to drop imaginary nails on a computer version of the Interlagos track hoping "he suffers a puncture".

Ok i em sure this is a serious web site, any good motorsport forums that has racist comments and the users not bein just their to act out their racist believes? and no i dont live under a rock i live under an umbrella. :winkiss: I em just tierd of all the racist talk when ever its a black person is the subject.

Nicky Hayden is an exception its very rare for a person to win a WC and have so few wins.