When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The finished 18K full-gold project!

Omega

A friend comes with his full gold yachtie to me, and asked if I can make something nice from the watch. After inspecting the base I told him that a 16618 is a nice solution and realible...but expensive! Only for gen tube and crown I paid 250,-€!

...so not no talk much, here are pics from before (gen tube already installed, from the whole watch as complete Yachtmaster I have unfortuanelly took no pics):

fa38358d.jpg

00021246.jpg

e9d88500.jpg

Look at the crown position - perfect! But the lugholes are still to small:

0e9b5e7d.jpg

f0e77160.jpg

56f66756.jpg

7fc8db2f.jpg

Date mag still too far to the right:

90d4ff17.jpg

ff42b0a1.jpg

74f5be74.jpg

Interested in "after pics"? :D

Excuse the stupid question here...and the fact I know NOTHING about Yachtmasters...am I correct in understanding this is a rep made in solid gold, that you are building into a Franken 16618?

If so, that would be an expensive project. Solid gold gen parts? Wow!

Thats correct! Solid gold 18K...with gen parts! ;)

WOW.........saw the first post and though..........god that looks tacky........then looked at the finished product, looks REALLY nice, top job there!

Where the hell did you get all the gold parts from?

Here and there... :D

On watch-fairs here in germany you can buy a lot of parts, the only problem is the price...

I'll give you a kidney and some gold teeth for it.

No offers.

nice one. so all gen parts? or rep case?

could you be kind to show movement shots? What did you do as far as modifications? What kind of date disc did you use? gen 3135 disc?

No, of course not all gen parts! The case and bracelet are from a full-gold Yachtmaster, bought from Italy for 5000,-DM maybe 10 years ago.

Only tube and crown are new and gen. The movement is a 2824-2 with taller cannon pinion and modified spacer ring between dial and movement. The date disc is from a 16613 Noobmariner and has a very good font. I mean, there would be no problem to install all gen parts, because the case and bezel takes gen parts - but if the owner wants me to stay short with the costs... :D

Unfortuanelly I have no movement shot, because I gave yesterday the watch back to the owner. But if the movement is not running accurate, I will get the watch back to adjust it. Then you can have your movement shots. ;)

No, of course not all gen parts! The case and bracelet are from a full-gold Yachtmaster, bought from Italy for 5000,-DM maybe 10 years ago.

Only tube and crown are new and gen. The movement is a 2824-2 with taller cannon pinion and modified spacer ring between dial and movement. The date disc is from a 16613 Noobmariner and has a very good font. I mean, there would be no problem to install all gen parts, because the case and bezel takes gen parts - but if the owner wants me to stay short with the costs... :D

Unfortuanelly I have no movement shot, because I gave yesterday the watch back to the owner. But if the movement is not running accurate, I will get the watch back to adjust it. Then you can have your movement shots. ;)

respect!

i hate gold watches but respect for the work

Those DM's threw me for a loop, Bobby! They weren't in the first currency conversion site I went to and the second site gave me a rate and told me it wasn't legal currency anymore! But 5000DM would be around $3300USD. Not bad for 10 years ago. Aftermarket gold cases and bracelets would run around $5000 these days, but I've not seen the aftermarket Submariner case in 18K, just the Day-Date/Datejust case.

It's cool that you were able to use the 2824-2 in there. I've always maintained that it should work in place of a 3135 since it works in the 16200 series Datejust cases.