When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte rep

Guest Sql_pl

I was approached by couple of members asking if my dealer can supply reps of Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte apart from the Vertu reps and it turns out he can so I pass the good news to you all.

Here are some pics (sorry, factory stock photos as I did not order it for myself as of yet). If you need some real pics from the dealer I can ask him to take some on his own.

38594568xz1.jpg

74655422yn4.jpg

12qz2.jpg

13gl7.jpg

44536991yd9.jpg

31136910lh3.jpg

73659560ep6.jpg

40596816bb0.jpg

So if you are interested you can feel free to PM me for details.

Thanks!

is the firmware the same ones as the 8800? or is it a windows based phone with nokia symbian amulator?

im asking this because i have seen the 8800 artes that when booting it showed windows logo...

can you ask if the dealer can show some side by side pic of the gen if possible

thank you!

is the firmware the same ones as the 8800? or is it a windows based phone with nokia symbian amulator?

im asking this because i have seen the 8800 artes that when booting it showed windows logo...

can you ask if the dealer can show some side by side pic of the gen if possible

thank you!

I second Dr's request...

Interesting.. i would have thought that the window platform would cost more for the manufacturer to build than the symbian platform...

Guys do not put any pre-orders on this phone... (here are the reasons):

At the time SQL was getting all his Vertu phones in, i was working on getting the 8800 Sapphire Arte in.

So, i located the 8800, that was supposedly made by the Nokia factory themselves. The only difference between this phone and the real deal is the IMEI numbers wouldn't work, if the phone broke and you wanted to get it fixed.

So i took the plunge and ordered one... and when it came... OMG, WHAT a piece of [censored]! The pics i had received of the phone were stunning, and what i received was far from.

To save myself time i am going to just copy and paste an email conversation between me and my supplier:

Dear H...,

I am afraid the phone you sent me was either of very very poor quality, or it is a fake.

I was specifically told by Bob, who was told by the factory, that it was an authentic phone (bu authentic i mean it was made in the same factory as the authentic).

When i received the 8800, here is a list of the faults:

1. Box was broken, and the packaging looked faded, old.

2. Phone and accessories were covered in dirty plastic.

3. Phone itself had bubbles of air under the leather.

4. Phone doesn't charge when plugged into its dock

5. Phone doesn't have some of the features that the original has... such as tapping the screen twice to see a clock on the screen

6. Camera quality is TERRIBLE

These are the main problems. All in all, it is terrible i am afraid... there is no way this is real, and if it is, there is no way someone would buy it.

I would be more than happy to send it back to you, if you give me an address to send it to.

I am sorry for not getting in touch earlier, i have been away for a while.

Thanks,

Jaymie

AND THEIR RESPONSE...:

Dear Jaymie,

We do apologize for the poor quality of the cellphone.

Frankly this is even the best version we can find in China. If you can't sell it out, please send it back to the following address:

So people, be very careful with this phone, it costs a lot, and, in my experience, you don't get much.

BTW - This isn't thread crapping in any way... seeing as SQL hasn't even seen one yet, i am just trying to inform people so no-one gets burned. :)

Moi

@Jaymoi you fell for the same [censored] Kenberg fell for and so did I. we already discussed this here.

IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU HIS PRODUCTS ARE SNEAKED OUT OF THE FACTORY; DONT BELIEVE IT

Its a LIE, NO chinese manufacturer is able to sneak products out of the back, its NOT LIKE THAT they all tell this lie to sell their products, they will tell you any [censored] you can imagine and back it by "proof". BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE

or do you REALLY t hink that Joe Nobody is able to find real nokia cellphones for a fraction of costs on the internet and a huge congolmerate like Nokia is unaware that its factory is sneaking out phones through the backdoor (while risk getting losing a valuable contract and risk of being imprisoned) its BULL!

@all: I haven't seen the phone so I won't speak as to it's quality... I know the Vertus were beautiful (From user pics and reviews) and I think Sql is a great guy for offering such products on the forum...

@Slay: I totally agree with you here... the chances that Nokia or Coach or Gucci or Hermes or Vertu...whatever managed to either:

1. Have someone steal from their highly guarded, stringently controlled manufacturing plants

or

2. (this is a good one I see on many sites) have somehow convinced an Italian craftsman at Gucci or Fendi or something to come to China to produce handbags with the same stitching as the original etc, etc is just pure fable... the chances of this happening are less than nill I mean...we know certain dealers would literally tell you they were Jesus Christ if it would sell a wooden cross... no, I don't think for one second that anything sold out of or produced in China has original craftsmen from the above brands toiling away in a sweatshop to make replica goods...

lets just hope that SQL will be able to source better 8800s then the ones that Jaymoi sourced.

@sql_pl: can you please find out the material that the 880s are made from?

and maybe more pictures of the product

Um slay I don't recall kenberg falling for anything, all the products I sell have always been given the utmost approval of my customers and yes I have a supplier of these phones too but I am gaging members reation to the ones they have seen before I put them forward.

If you are in fact referring to the golf equipment then kindly remember I chose not to sell them and you bought yours direct from the supplier.

Ken

You see that's the point....I don't know

I am yet to sell one which would put me in the same boat as Sql_pl so I am interested in what the members are saying so I know the right questions to put to my supplier before any purchase is made.

All I can say is that often people buy these items from a normal replica supplier and usually these suppliers are not even aware of a better product being available.

My supplier only does phones and other small electronics.

Ken

Um slay I don't recall kenberg falling for anything, all the products I sell have always been given the utmost approval of my customers and yes I have a supplier of these phones too but I am gaging members reation to the ones they have seen before I put them forward.

If you are in fact referring to the golf equipment then kindly remember I chose not to sell them and you bought yours direct from the supplier.

Ken

I'm not only referring to the golf equipment, I'm also referring to the iPhones. I remember quite well how you told us your supplier told you that those are from the same factory, and other stuff that was simply not true.

I dont blame you for falling for it, hell so did I (at first). And may I kindly remind you, that you actually DID want to buy from this guy (at first) and you never (until I bought) thought that those clubs might not be legit. You insisted that they were genuine and that nothing would happen in customs. I can digg it out and quote you, but I dont think we need to start a pissing contest, I wasn't blaming you for anything right now, but please, dont try to deny that you believed the golf clubs and iphones were legit, this is simply untrue!

There is no need to get offended her, I never implied you were misleading anyone, what I implied was, that lots of people fall for this kind of stuff

Edited by slay

Slay those phones were suppose to come from Taiwan which is where the iPhones were being made and were supposedly back door items.

I took the chance (and the hit) on them myself I didn't sell them to anyone.

The golf equipment you bought was well after I stated publicly that I would not sell them because of misgivings I had with the dealer, there are many members that remember this and I can also pull up the thread to show this if need be.

Ken

iphones were made in taiwan?

mine says made in china....

Slay those phones were suppose to come from Taiwan which is where the iPhones were being made and were supposedly back door items.

I took the chance (and the hit) on them myself I didn't sell them to anyone.

The golf equipment you bought was well after I stated publicly that I would not sell them because of misgivings I had with the dealer, there are many members that remember this and I can also pull up the thread to show this if need be.

Ken