When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Experts I need help.

cableguy

post-6575-1227148623_thumb.jpg

this is a DW 6263 in the upper 2 pics is the one I'm looking at purchasing.

From what i've researched so far....this is the one i should be wanting. =)

is this the one that can take genuine parts later if i want. its supposedly the 7750 version.

does everything look "accurate" out of hte box?

size wise as i understand it is 39mm not counting the pushers/crown so should wear similar to a Sub? and 19mm betweeen the lugs?

thanks in advance!

yea lol. thats a DW case from my understanding is what Freddy has recommended. A7750, remove the rotor and install the V72 case back to make it slimmer like the gen.

I'm trying to figure out if i want the white face with black bezel. or white face with silver bezel(which i cant seem to find a picture of)... OR silver face with black bezel!

(nor am i sure if they are all accurate combinations) i'm still searching the forums for more pictures

I think i really like this version

Picture belongs to Freddy333 (Please PM me if you would like me to remove picture)

6263solo005a1.jpg

I'm not quite sure if its a white or silver dial.

I'll wait for Freddy's input. =)

This one is from GadgetMan

(Please PM me if you want me to take this down)

DW6263Daytona2.jpg

I can see the dial is silver. It's nice!

I cant decide!!!

Edited by cableguy

Freddy's picture is indeed a DW silver dial, with 19mm lugs. The Gadgetman picture looks like the earlier, and nearly as formidable, "extraextra" Daytona with 20mm lugs. Both are very nice.

It is indeed a DW silver dial (the 6263 was only ever offered by Rolex with silver or black dials) in a standard DW case with a lower profile V72 caseback that I added after removing the auto-wind components from the movement (the cases for the V72 & A7750 DWs are exactly the same - only the caseback & inside dimensions differ)

dial0091.jpg

^ there he is ..freddy looks like ill be ordering this from him today sometime. can i just remove the rotor and replace with the lower profile case back with out any other mods and still wind it manually reliably?

also if anyone has or can take a pic of a sub side by side so i can get an overall feel for size it would be much appreciated!

thanks all for the replys and helping a fellow watch addict spend /more/ money lol

CGuy - Good deal. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Note that I fitted a gen crown/tube & pushers on mine (kept the original DW crystal though).

why did you keep the DW crystal? All I have seen are very poor quality and crack easily. I will have to replace mine, cousins has generic T21 crystals for a few bucks..

Pushers I dont mind, because I do not intend to play with the chronos.

But I would really like some decent endlinks :(

why did you keep the DW crystal? All I have seen are very poor quality and crack easily. I will have to replace mine, cousins has generic T21 crystals for a few bucks..

But I would really like some decent endlinks :(

I kept the DW crystal because it looked like the original, 1st generation gen, round-cornered T21 crystal that Rolex originally fitted to early 62xx Daytonas (my other 62xxs have current version gen T21s).

I fit all of my DWs with gen 19mm folded link 7835 bracelets with 357 end links.

In what price range are those bracelets?

btw. do you have any idea why some movements have panerai engraving on the bridges? there must be some secret source for those movements, I mean noone just produces those movements for 10 watches or so, and Panerai hasnt been around for very long (in the rep market), so they can't be NOS. Why have we never seen any reps with those movements?

I'm still hoping for a properly sized DW with Venus movement, I know the subdial spacing is the same (I measured it a while ago with a ruler). If DW would just understand that he needs to use the proper case with 19mm lugs and fit the venus in there somehow....

In what price range are those bracelets?

They usually range from $200 to $900, depending on condition, seller's experience & your timing/luck.

btw. do you have any idea why some movements have panerai engraving on the bridges? there must be some secret source for those movements, I mean noone just produces those movements for 10 watches or so, and Panerai hasnt been around for very long (in the rep market), so they can't be NOS. Why have we never seen any reps with those movements?

I have never come across a Panerai bridge in a DW. But when DW runs out of MMs, I guess you gets whatever he gots.

its the same mystery movement, only with panerai bridge. I have another one on my desk with ROLEX engraving on the bridge (looks quite nice actually).

I was not aware that any of the Mystery Movements had signed bridges of any kind. But if you have 1 that is signed 'Panerai', then it is pretty obvious that some or all of these movements are being used in Pan reps. So I would think a Panerai forum would be the place to check for more info on the movements.

I have never seen a Panerai powered with those movements. They all have either Unitas6497 or venus copy. As a matter of fact, there are very very few manual Panerai chronos. Those that exist have been repped with Venus/Seagull movements. (at least 4 years ago when I got my first Panerai)

The Panerai movements seem to be new, first (about 3 years ago) DW offered his watches with Rolex bridges. I remember lots of members here being crazy about those rolex bridges. AFAIR they sold for over 300-500$ on eBay. After a while they only came with blank bridges. Now I get one with Panerai bridge and a VERY rare old rolex signed movement. It even has "727" engraved under the balance wheel.

Quite mysterious! I think nanuq might know more. Or Avitt. Maybe it will all remain a mystery forever!