When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well hello there RWG

Hello there guys and gals, hope you're all doing great and enjoying the shinier

things in life. I just found this place yesterday whilst looking for some replica

watch recommendations, soooo many out there.

I live in sunny old Britain and my main occupation is wishing I lived somewhere

a bit warmer :)

If there are any Patek Phillipe rep experts out there I'd love a chance to chat

with you, I don't seem to be having much luck tracking down a reputable dealer

who sells 100%, or as close as possible to, replicas.

Anyway, good to be here and I look forward to joining in the discussions.

IMO you can find the current bargin PP HERE.

PP10014PerpetualCalenderRGWhite.jpg

See what you think. The thing about PP is no one is going to call you out on one anyway. So very few know the brand well enough to do so and there are so many variations in the gen.

Anyone wanna coment on that one above please do, I'm thinking of one.

Col.

Edited by trailboss

Thanks for the reply Trailboss, it's a pretty fine looking watch. I was actually hoping

to find a good rep of one of their clear back chronos... can't say I'm not tempted by

your option though ;)

I don't mind spending a decent amount of money on it as long as it has a nice feel

and look to it.... any more recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers for the reply Emuozz, your guide was actually the first item I read when I

joined the forums ;)

Beginning to think I'll leave the PP's for a while and look for a more acurate model

from a different manufacturer.... thinking Panerai, Hublot or Cartier now lol.

Any suggestions on the PP or any of these still more than welcome and greatfully

recieved ;)

Welcome! Good to see all this new blood on the forum!

Corgi and others such as Emouzz (see you've already met) have done a lot of interesting research in the constant search for great PP reps... keep reading and I have no doubt you'll make a great decision!

lots of shiney things here.

forget about spending lots or a decent amount of $$, its not about that, its about what is available.

you will be happier trying to find something available that you like, rather than trying to find a patek or make a patek perfect. or even very good. you have read the guide, you know whats out there.

For instance, if you want a 20k watch (patek range) and somethign a big blingy -(shiney) then, look at the dewitts , i have tried on the gen and they look like a million bucks - and from what i read the reps are pretty good. - i can also recommend some of the AP Royal Oaks especially the seconds at 12 ones - they are fantastic

i have had the luck of having 2of 3 of my all time favorite watches repped - or at least, enough of the parts repped to drop in a gen dial and whallah, but, thats after almost 4 yrs of doing this. :) and i still only just finished the first one - i'm waiting on some reviews before i pick up the 2nd one - zenith open, and i just have to believe that a UN maxi marine chrono is in our near future.

Phoband.. if you see this again do you have any recommendations for a fairly

accurate and sexy looking watch? I'm keen on Hublot's now but have seen so

many people getting rubbish I don't know where to start ;(

Also... any idea if www.lexuswatch.com is a reputable rep dealer?

Cheers in advance.

Edited by i_like_shiney_things

http://www.puretimeshop.com/index.php?prod...cture_id=405376

Any thoughts on this beauty anyone? I've compared it against Dewitt's catalogue and

it seems incredibly accurate to the gen.

I may also be just talking to myself by now ;)

http://www.puretimeshop.com/index.php?prod...cture_id=405376

Any thoughts on this beauty anyone? I've compared it against Dewitt's catalogue and

it seems incredibly accurate to the gen.

I may also be just talking to myself by now ;)

reality is, there is a ton of info out there on just about any model out there. - people often ask who has the best, or how accurate is this or yadda yadda, fact is, this is a very personal process, we all have levels of tolerance for quality, service and price. only person who knows whats right for you is you.

I've had at least 50 or 60 reps come across my hands in the last few years and i STILL don't know whats right for me till its in my hands ;) some look good on screen some look good on wrist - some look good both - but not as many as you might think.

Good news is, if you get a watch and just don't like it, as long as you don't scratch ti up, you can sell it for a small loss.

you clearly know how to search as you saw the patek thread. From here, its your journey. your doing the right thing, compare the watch to the gen photos. But, until you get it on your wrist, you won't know.

If you live near gen shops - go try some on. that helps alot.

also, whenever you figure out what you want, take 24 hrs away from the forum and then take another look, especially for your first purchase, it can be very overwhelming and very addicting. unless you have money to burn, dont' be afraid to wait and read. i would recommend a good week or 2, most give in sooner :)

good luck on your spirit walk :)

Many thanks Phoband.... very good advice. I have a few models in mind now so I'll

sit back and ponder them a while before jumping in ;) I'd like to say I'll leave it until

after the weekend but realistically I may hold out until Friday lol

My first rep, outside of the occassional uber cheap holiday rep, arrived yesterday and I hate to

say it but I'm hooked already ;)

The PP Nautillus lends itself perfectly, in my humble opinion, to replication so I'm exceedingly

happy with my choice; now it's time to source a decent Panerai lol

Cheers ;) I've heard good thinks about the MBW's but thought I'd check out a cheaper model first

to see the kind of quality it offers. I have to say considering how good the one I have is I now can't

wait to pick up MBW ;)

Welcome fellow UK member. Check out MBW Pateks, I'm no expert but MBWs are worth the extra