When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Ingenieur - Short Pictorial

siesta181

Hi Guys,

Some might have known abt the troubles I faced when I went about getting this baby recently.... but it was all worth it.

Its a splurge especially in this climate but the price was irresistable and there are no reps of this model yet. So here it is. Just couldn't get the lighting right but I must say its a magnificent looking watch. Good balance. Bigger and heavier than the Port 7 days but smaller than the BP. Definitely wearable for people with smaller wrists...

Enjoy....

Cheers

Siesta181

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

backcrop1.jpg

it's a beautiful watch, no doubt about that. i tried the big ingenieur on for size on multiple occasions to get comfortable with the size of the big pilot. i felt it was much sportier than the big pilot for some reason -- i think it must be the bezel design and the way the strap attaches to the case.

did i mention that display caseback :wub:

deltatahoe

EDIT to add: i see toad agrees about the sportier elements of this watch; i have to disagree with rxus as well though -- i think the black gator strap completes the watch nicely. however i must say i felt it narrowed a little too much at the buckle for my liking (which seemed unbalanced to me given the heft of the watch). i think i could probably get over it though :lol:

We present the power of Photoshop:

That is one of the nicest looking Ingy's I've seen and for you to get the gen, I know you feel the same. The black croc is totally the way to go for this. It adds some class to an otherwise sportier looking watch. Awesome!!

Hahaha... Thanks Toad.

Its not the first time I've been told to brush up on my photos.

Somebody needs to teach me how to use Photoshop.....Dang it, you guys are good.

Errrr... you mind PSing the rest???

Cheers

Siesta181

Beautiful watch..something about it...Its kind of how I feel about the Mark XV... it's classy but at the same time it says you mean business... t

I think the black gator is the way to go on this one and I'm glad to hear things were straightened out by the AD in question... wear it well and in good health!

Thats a very nice watch. Congrats on your purchase.

Me personally I would wear it on a bracelet (if available) I just cant see the ingy design on anything else, it looks like it's missing something to my eyes :wacko:

Wear it in good health!

I go with Toad regarding the strap. Now it's sporty and classy the same time.

You made a wonderful choice Siesta! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wear it well!

Wow, great looking watch and great pictorial.. and btw.. the pics are fine.. I don't like them too bright.. for me , it takes away from some of the detail.. anyway.. thanks for your time.. gotta look into this one.. B)

Live Strong and Wear it Well Siesta !!

As I said in the WC thread - great score Siesta. And I too think the croc is the way to go for these. It is a big watch and personally I prefer the smaller version - despite my 7.5" wrists. But I would definely agree that anyone can wear these.

You know, IWC designs are funny that way. Many of them look big, and they are big, and yet they don't wear so big. When I look at my AT it is 42mm, but with the internal bezel it is all dial and looks bigger than the Steelfish, UN MMD, and many others - much bigger. Looks to be about 45MM just looking at it next to known sized watches. Yet when you wear it it doesn't look so big anymore. Go figure. I always felt that the Ingy, the BP, and the 7-Day Portos were all like that in their own categories. IWC's "throw" their size - like throwing a voice. IWC - the ventrilquwatch. :D