When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thoughts of a noob

iwillfindyou

to be quite honest i am amazed from what the veterans of the forum have posted! there is a vast wealth of knowledge that i did not even imagine would be available to me! i came here looking for a watch and stumbled upon a community. i cannot begin to tell everyone how thankful i am to have hobbled onto a forum of this magnitude. initially, like i said, was looking for a watch; i found something greater than had i expected. i am not a supporting member at the moment, but upon my first order that will change very quickly, considering my expectations are met (which are not very high, as to not get my hopes up {although they are very high despite what i may be telling myself}. i hope to one day be a contributing member of this forum, guiding folks of my current nature. this is somewhat of a random tangent, as most my thought are! but, i have learned much in the few weeks i have spent reading topic after topic, trying to attain as much knowledge my mind can handle. i am in the middle of a PhD program aand this has been a positive outlet for me. i am not sure where i was going with is, but needed to relinquish my current thoughts!

@the noobs who have been surfing the forum, let your curiosity take you to an openness of all watches( as i have been specifically looking for rolex, but have found brands i did not even know existed) curiosity killed the cat to some, but for me it has let it out the bag!

@the veterans, your wealth of knowledge is much appreciated (if you hear it or not) and continue to keep posting as i, and hopefully many others, crave more of this brilliant information!

conclusion...i am not sure i have one, other than i appreciate what this has done for me..

if those who have gotten bored with it, say no way, and continue to do what you do!

thank you everyone for making this community what it is, the good bad and the ugly!

ok i am tired and am excited to wake up and read the new posts in the morning!

good night from sunny central california!

@iwfy,

Indeed, thanks.

What you have found, and will continue to find, is the very reason we have built this little home.

And rest assured, the vets, with the help of our newer members, will continue to grow this great database of knowledge, of all things horological.

Without you, and your counterparts, this place would wither and die on the vine, so it is beholdent on all who spend time here, to add your input, to enlarge our collective knowledge.

Welcome to our community.

Offshore

Thanks for singing the praises and welcome to you. RWG is a wonderful community for true watch nuts. And some of us are nuttier than others for sure but we share a common bond and a level of passion which cannot be matched. You have found much more than a place to help you buy a rep. Be careful, you might just make a few friends here...

Welcome aboard ineed. It's nice to hear our work here is appreciated. I know I've benefitted from this community in more ways than I thought I would at the start and that has provided the drive to do more for it.

So, how long until your dissertation is done? ;) ;) ;)

Can you tell I've had LOTS of friends who have done theirs? They hated it when I asked that question...which, with the RobbieG in me...made me ask it again, and again because...well...it was kind of fun.

Welcome aboard ineed. It's nice to hear our work here is appreciated. I know I've benefitted from this community in more ways than I thought I would at the start and that has provided the drive to do more for it.

So, how long until your dissertation is done? ;) ;) ;)

Can you tell I've had LOTS of friends who have done theirs? They hated it when I asked that question...which, with the RobbieG in me...made me ask it again, and again because...well...it was kind of fun.

I have about three and a half years left. There is so much data that i have to analyze, especially lately, as the therapeutic techniques are starting to work with my target population. There have been some set backs in my first half, and i have had to reformulate standards of practice, but i think i have this one down. wish me luck!

I have about three and a half years left. There is so much data that i have to analyze, especially lately, as the therapeutic techniques are starting to work with my target population. There have been some set backs in my first half, and i have had to reformulate standards of practice, but i think i have this one down. wish me luck!

Good luck and speed!! Don't delay writing up too long for risk of getting scooped...trust me.