When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ball Watches - Engineer Master II Diver Chrono

Toadtorrent

I never thought I would see a Ball watch replicated, thinking they were too much of a niche market WIS item...but lo and behold, the big 4 have announced the A7750 powered Engineer Master II Diver Chrono:

BALL-2008-12-05-02-02.jpg

Angus' Rep Picture

2380587408_c692c5338c.jpg

Gen

BALL-2008-12-05-03-01.jpg

Angus' Rep Picture

dc1028a-s1j-bkgr.jpg

Gen

I think it looks quite interesting, with an internally rotating bezel like the IWC Cousteaus.

The big shortcoming on this one is that the gen uses tritium gas vials hence the LED style numbers...while it looks like the rep uses painted lume. Here's a close up of the gen tritium tubes:

tubes.jpg

The pearl is way off on the rep...but to be honest, I think it looks better than the gen. Who would have thought???

Ah.. It is that one!

I remember an ad for a watch with the Tritium tubes, but I never remembered the maker!

Not a replica for me. Cool, but nothing special I think. "Just another nice 7750 chrono". Presonally, I would rather buy the Longines Hydro Conquest chrono, which is another niche replica.

Cudos to the replica makers for replicating an odd piece, though!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. No thanks. :nonono:

Heh heh...so harsh. I'm not a big fan of the case design...but the brand diversity is interesting.

Cudos to the replica makers for replicating an odd piece, though!

Again...that's more what's interesting...that and the use of the internally rotating bezel like the IWC Cousteau Divers series. I was not a fan of the Longines Hydroquest...too much like a cross between the Tag Aquatimer and the IWC Ingy font for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The retail on this is like $3,000... if you're such a fan of this niche brand I think you should just go for that. This rep is so complex that there is way too much here to go wrong. Remember it looks good in the pictures but that is the cream of the crop.