When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

wild guess here...the score will be 0 - 0 before it starts?

Not only do I like this answer but I tend to think Jason is not all that amazing when he still gets 1% wrong :blink:

Ken

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only do I like this answer but I tend to think Jason is not all that amazing when he still gets 1% wrong :blink:

Ken

Yeah, it's a sad tale of drinking and womanizing. A bottle of tequila before an episode of Red Faces, a drunken 1-1 start score, and it was gong time for his 100% record.... :(

;)

WINNER@Irongambit!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A riddler for you poker fiends out there (and everyone else! :lol: )

Four men sat down to play,

They played all night 'till break of day,

They played for gold and not for fun,

With separate scores for everyone,

When they came to square accounts,

They had all made fair amounts.

Can you the paradox explain,

If no one lost, how could all gain?

although they share the same four letters, they're all pronounce differently.

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This question was next, normally I would say it's rubbish and discard it, but it's watch / clock related, so here it is for giggles...

As a rule, how long will a so-called 'Eight Day Clock' run without winding? :g:

If you don´t wind it, it would not even start running...

WINNER!! :yeah:

Jim Queep works on the 35th floor of an office tower. Most mornings Jim will ride the elevator as far as the 25th floor, then climb the stairs to the 35th. On mornings when it's raining, however, he will always ride the elevator to the 35th floor. Since Jim is neither fond of exercise nor superstitious, what could be the reason for this rather bizarre behaviour?

Jim Queep is a dwarf and can only reach the button for the 24th floor however when it's raining he has an umbrella with him, which he uses to threaten people in to pushing the 35th button for him :lol:

Ken

Jim Queep is a dwarf and can only reach the button for the 24th floor however when it's raining he has an umbrella with him, which he uses to threaten people in to pushing the 35th button for him :lol:

Ken

:D WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It happened in midtown Manhattan during the July 4th celebrations, that Sam walked several km from West 32nd Street all the way to West 63rd Street without seeing anyone or being seen by anyone. It was a clear sunny day and he could see where he was going. He did not use any disguise or unusual method of transportation. Even though Manhattan was swarming with people not one person saw him. How could this be possible? :cc_detective:

It happened in midtown Manhattan during the July 4th celebrations, that Sam walked several km from West 32nd Street all the way to West 63rd Street without seeing anyone or being seen by anyone.

He's a dog? They're two underground stations and the underground was shut so he checked the lines?

Are there sewers ( in German "Abwasserkanäle" ) under the street ?

GOAL!! Yes - WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Since a person uses about the same amount of energy walking for ten km as running for ten km, would a person use more energy running for ten minutes, walking for ten minutes, or is the same amount of energy spent? :g:

Since your model of energy usage is based on distance and not time, more energy would be spent running for 10 minutes, as you would have (hopefully) travelled a greater distance running for 10 minutes than walking for 10 minutes.

Unless you are me...by minute five, the years of cigarettes and a diet primarily consisting of creatures that previously walked on four legs and frothy malted beverages would have caught up with me and I would be crawling the additional five minutes.

Since your model of energy usage is based on distance and not time, more energy would be spent running for 10 minutes, as you would have (hopefully) travelled a greater distance running for 10 minutes than walking for 10 minutes.

Unless you are me...by minute five, the years of cigarettes and a diet primarily consisting of creatures that previously walked on four legs and frothy malted beverages would have caught up with me and I would be crawling the additional five minutes.

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree, the idea of real people running for ten minutes straight is at the hypothetical fantasy end of the spectrum based on my life experience ;) As for ten km....running? :huh:

Here we go:

Ari and Charles took turns driving on a round trip using the same route both ways. Ari drove the first 40 km and then Charles drove the rest of the way. Ari started to drive on the return trip and then Charles drove the last 50km. Which of the two drove more km and how many more did he drive? :whistling:

Ari and Charles took turns driving on a round trip using the same route both ways. Ari drove the first 40 km and then Charles drove the rest of the way. Ari started to drive on the return trip and then Charles drove the last 50km. Which of the two drove more km and how many more did he drive? :whistling:

Unless it's a play on round-trip, at which point Charles drove 10KM more than Avi, then I have no idea.